Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I see alot of people whinning about the map size, so let me share a little things with you guys. Is perfecttly fine! The previous map size that mosty servers ran was 10x10x km on papper , in reality you got a circle that ended up at 6km 7km or 8km depending your location. I play this game on multiplayer since A1, yeah A1. And no matter the day or server population it was never ever everything completley looted, so if you cant use the whole map to its fullest in mp for sure sp players wont do it, so either way is just fine... everyone should hold their horses about the map size

Sound is an ongoing project but....there is at least one welcome change in the sound department. ;)

the sound is the most immersive element for me . Roland stop it I can feel the Hype kicking back already .

give a hint : scary , horror , nice ,normal ?

Will night vision goggles ever serve the purpose of actually seeing better during the night? And not seeing much at all without them ?

They work great 75%+ of the time. Just not when raining/dusk/dawn. 5/300/600 all seem same. Always treasure when I find first set. (Zombies are dark masses and relatively easy to spot. Sometime crosshairs are easier to see as well.)

I see alot of people whinning about the map size, so let me share a little things with you guys. Is perfecttly fine! The previous map size that mosty servers ran was 10x10x km on papper , in reality you got a circle that ended up at 6km 7km or 8km depending your location. I play this game on multiplayer since A1, yeah A1. And no matter the day or server population it was never ever everything completley looted, so if you cant use the whole map to its fullest in mp for sure sp players wont do it, so either way is just fine... everyone should hold their horses about the map size

i was thinking about that , i never explored all the map , so shrinking the map does not matter alot , i know it matters in MP but it can be changed in xml right ?

though my owner (aka the batman) says 80% is too much ;)

Zeds definitely target and fell trees in A17. Tree houses will make for nice little outposts to store supplies and maybe do a bit of forging but you won't want to spend a bloodmoon in one and if you get detected by a wandering horde best to descend and lead them away or engage them on the ground.

I like how you tell us what to avoid here. I guess you experienced it in some way, but I would just stay quiet about this one in particular, since treehouses are so cool, it would be fun to see how we ..well die a lot. Thanks man, for all the answers, I mean it.

Have a calm and cool sunday there.

Zeds definitely target and fell trees in A17. Tree houses will make for nice little outposts to store supplies and maybe do a bit of forging but you won't want to spend a bloodmoon in one and if you get detected by a wandering horde best to descend and lead them away or engage them on the ground.

So does this mean they will flatten tree farms and forests? or just that if you're on top of a tree, they will knock it down?

So does this mean they will flatten tree farms and forests? or just that if you're on top of a tree, they will knock it down?

Farming is one thing, building treehouse is another. Zeds apparently look for player made structures. Which is awesome. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

Will night vision goggles ever serve the purpose of actually seeing better during the night? And not seeing much at all without them ?

They work great 75%+ of the time. Just not when raining/dusk/dawn. 5/300/600 all seem same. Always treasure when I find first set. (Zombies are dark masses and relatively easy to spot. Sometime crosshairs are easier to see as well.)

I usually like to melee on horde night when I am on for it. I try to put down maybe a dozen or so 3-high frame pillars running down each side of a designated fighting area with a torch on each which make seeing with NVG so much better. Have a good spiked club or other melee weapon, chug some alcohol and It's Clobberin' TIme....

Later stage hordes I try to have a half decent firearm with a decent amount of ammo for the "tougher" zombies.

I was wondering did/will they make electric doors? I would love to have them a. close behind me or b. even better have a switch AND sensors so when zombies are coming you can put your base on lock down.

Prime was/is supposed to work on those; at least the garage door and drawbridge. He said if there was time they might make it in to A17.

As to the new map size, went into the xml and modified it to close to the same area, and tightened up the city/town and POI spawn. I like it better myself, but I'm not a size queen like some I guess :p >.<

Prime was/is supposed to work on those; at least the garage door and drawbridge. He said if there was time they might make it in to A17.

As to the new map size, went into the xml and modified it to close to the same area, and tightened up the city/town and POI spawn. I like it better myself, but I'm not a size queen like some I guess :p >.<

yeah the map size can always be adjusted.

I notice a lot of people complain about these but I rather like them. Seems I can make out zombies pretty well with them on at night. Maybe it's in the graphics settings?

I notice a lot of people complain about these but I rather like them. Seems I can make out zombies pretty well with them on at night. Maybe it's in the graphics settings?

Most likely funky monitor settings/not calibrated.

Most people dont have the tools (myself included) to calibrate a monitor/tv. Luckily, TFT central exists ;)

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

Find your panel, apply settings, profit. 5 mins work if that.

Can you share the code and witch which files you used.. .or tell the newbies like me (only 306 hours on record) which files and bit sof codes to alter?

@Devs

With the idea of creative use of environment in the future (and what is more obvious than Zombies in a zombie survival game! :-). )

Is there some chance some very creative individual could find a way to make a device to increase zombie spawns in an area? An item that can be placed by a player to ‘bait/call in’ more zombies? For pvp?

Or a way to trap a zombie and place it like a guard dog inside a secured building?

Considering that zombies are the primary threat. Why not find a way to use that? Heck, setting up a ‘zombie’ trap could be an achievement for the game lol. Call it ‘ suicidal survival ‘ due to just how risky it would be to do.

Be nice if we could climb a tree to fight a dog horde or a wolf.

Can you share the code and witch which files you used.. .or tell the newbies like me (only 306 hours on record) which files and bit sof codes to alter?

You need to edit the rwgmixer.xml

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1600" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="4000" terrain_generator="vanilla" biome_generator="vanilla"> is what I am using to set my parameters. Will still generate a circle, but its close enough.

Land claims have zero effect on zed spawn. Your bedroll only covers a 15x15 area, with the top of the bedroll being the center. You can change the bedroll coverage area in the serverconfig xml. HOWEVER, this effect is only on when the bedroll owner is present, so if you are on a server, and your friend is offline, zeds can spawn in that area.

I do not believe this is correct....If I place a bedroll..zombies should not spawn in that area according to TFP.

Madmole, Faatal or Roland can you confirm??

MTFGA

Sound is an ongoing project but....there is at least one welcome change in the sound department. ;)

I hope so. Sound is totally out of whack. I mean I don't hear zombies walking up to me and I am standing in tall grass. But even with out that, I should hear something. Gets annoying when your doing something and suddenly get hit from behind.

Then there are the moans... I will be in a house and suddenly hear a moan which sounds like the thing is right on top of me. But it's not. Is a matter of fact, the zombie may be on another floor.

Walls don't seem to muffle sound either since they can hear me right though the walls and I am not doing anything but walking.

While other sleepers will stay put even when you walk right up to them.

Archived