Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

@Roland

reference pages: 1543 1663 1682

The reason I asked, in a prior post, about the cell size is because I was trying to generate those

parameters now, the cell parameter makes the difference. If releasing the two numbers, that i mentioned,

is not allowed, at this time, I understand.

When I listened to the stream with Fubar_Prime and Kinyajuu, what I had gotten from it was that the size

reduction not only helps performance prerequisites, but also allows for muliple copies of the seed to be

generated/saved simultaneously, then allows the option to emulate Navezgane POI placement.

For single player

that means if you find the right landscaping preference for yourself you can do different custom layouts,

in each iteration/copy, after initial generation. Or produce a flat plane first, place POI clusters and special

prefabs, save file, then generate different landscapes, and use that file to populate your instant custom/preferred

layout.

For server owners

they get the ability of single player, plus can place as many replicas as their server can handle

Each can have a duplicate layout, or differentiate in theme, allowing for the same capacity, without necessarily

going into the modded section. The only difference is that everyone will not automatically be spawned on a single

planar surface, but be spawned in a different I think he called them counties, it may have been counters I relistened

but couldn't make out. The rendering would be better regulated per individulal client, because of the reduction of the

overall distance from 0,0, yet volume could be scaled by simply replicating and placing new file.

Mentioning a single game as a reference Dark Souls 3, seems huge because of the DLC addons, but each area is a controlled

resouce generation arena.

For the modders they get step 1 and step 2, but will eventually figure a way to link the different play fields,

creating a true clan or faction separation environment. Think of the PVP/PVE invasion possibilities. Modular arena placement,

added expndability.

The defining/underlying factor is always the rendering capabilities of the Engine. Like I posted once before imagine

trying to reproduce the datathroughput of a "catscan" on a PC.

Reading the Dev/Roland/Joel/Joe posts this is what I received. May be wrong, but if not then gaming is in for a helluva ride.

Not sure. Maybe now that your post isn't lost in the salt, a developer in the know might comment.

I go with the aspect or belief of this: They are working on a assignment (creating a game) that can have problems crop up from many different sources and causes, so, don't plan your life around that as you may have to sit and twiddle your thumps and have nothing to do.

Farmer's hope for rain, but don't trust the weatherman to get it right. A mother hopes the doctor gave her the right day of birth, but knows that the bundle of joy that is seeing how long they can kick mom in the stomach before she screams "will you stop already!" won't stop until he or she is ready to stop, no matter the threats or promises.

See, promises, they can't be made because they can't be kept, so best to not make one. Just go with, "as soon as it is ready, we are working as fast as we can to Get It Right, NOT Make It Wrong!

How hard is that to understand? It was fun to try to guess, but it was a time filler, nothing more, nothing less. It could be finished tomorrow or it could be finished next week, or next month or even two months from now. Hope not, but while I am waiting, I'm spending my time playing other games and checking here every three or four days to see what is happening.

My 2 cents worth of advice.

A farmer can water, labor can be induced.......we have the forum.....

Clean up aisle wherever, lol.

It's a mess. Good those random funny memes or whatever they're called stayed, and those random non-related A17 comments are still here.

I've been dancing with Mr. Jack Daniels all summer, so I'm good. I might develop a sliiiiight alcohol related problem come fall though :p

Janna3921, you really make a lot of great posts here. You're good at keeping us boys by the ears :)

Maybe so. But you could run through a wandering horde and never get hit. By time their hit animation started you were past them. Now you can get hit. It’s happened to me several times. It was also very apparent when playing always run. They would run right up to you, stop, and then swing. It made it easy when going one on one against a running zombie.

It’s way better now. Great job!

I will be okay (well least mostly okay) as long as they don't hit me before they swing like some of them could in a16. I need to see it coming so I can get out of the way.

Okay... New forum rules I guess... Or enforcement anyway...

Nothing was deleted—just moved. Same thing that has been done for several alphas now whenever the dev diary goes too far off topic and release date nagging in the dev diary is against the rules so those posts have been moved to a new thread in off topic where the discussion may continue if people need to vent.

A farmer can water, labor can be induced.......we have the forum.....

I don't think our posts are going to induce anything but arguments. If it would help get the alpha released quicker it would have been out four or five months ago. So, that type of inducing isn't working. Besides, it is more painful, my daughter had to have her labor induced, it wasn't a fun time.

Yes, people. Let's get off the subject of release dates and back on the subject of A17. I'm happy to answer any questions I can to get us back on track.

Any questions...?

*Everyone raises their hands*

...other than when it is coming out...?

*Everyone lowers their hands*

Yes, people. Let's get off the subject of release dates and back on the subject of A17. I'm happy to answer any questions I can to get us back on track.

Any questions...?

Yes I have 2 questions? So I saw the video on the gyrocopter will that be joining us in alpha 17? I didn't see it listed. Also will the any of the new vehicles need to be built like the minibike in game now?

Also great job on everything so far. I've learned patience with this game over the years. It's a great game and it just keeps getting better. As long as Alpha 17 is worth the almost year wait. I don't care about the release date. Take your time guys. Make this game even greater.

Has the lighting (light fixtures) been fixed so if we put more then 10-50+ up and it won't bring us to our knees at 10 FPS... also experienced FPS loss when painting multi textures in an area.. pressure plates also caused FPS lag..... has gardens been fixed??? and last but not least.. are we able to blow things up without having the voxels lag out the whole server yet? :)

oh and when is it getting released :) ..... jk........ haha

@Roland

@devs or @Roland

I have a question regarding looting. If it was explained before, sorry :)

From what I understood, there are now 2 types of containers: lootable and empty. Those two get randomly placed when a POI is created.

What happens after the loot respawn time expires? Do they remain the same, just the looted ones get refilled? Or are they randomly shuffled so that some that were empty before are now lootable and vice versa?

Any questions...?

So, what are YOUR three favorite things about A17.

Give us a paragraph on your last horde night.

Put them in "spoiler" tags just in case someone doesnt want to know. :)

So, what are YOUR three favorite things about A17.

Give us a paragraph on your last horde night.

Put them in "spoiler" tags just in case someone doesnt want to know. :)

Blood moon horde, or wandering horde, or just any large crowd of dead heads? Please be specific.

Yes I have 2 questions? So I saw the video on the gyrocopter will that be joining us in alpha 17? I didn't see it listed. Also will the any of the new vehicles need to be built like the minibike in game now?

Also great job on everything so far. I've learned patience with this game over the years. It's a great game and it just keeps getting better. As long as Alpha 17 is worth the almost year wait. I don't care about the release date. Take your time guys. Make this game even greater.

faatal said that the gyrocopter will not make it to A17. It will be in the debug menu though if you want to play around with it. If you press F1 and then type dm and enter and then ESC, a menu appears that let you spawn in entities. For A16 you can spawn in bandits that way. For A17 you will be able to spawn in the gyrocopter that way (provided they don't remove it)

All of the vehicles will need to be built but not like the minibike is now. The assembly UI we have now is being repurposed to be the mod attachment UI. You will craft vehicles using the workbench. You will first craft components and then use those components as the mats to craft the vehicle so it will be a bit more complex than other craftable items in the game.

Archived