Jump to content

Getting Started Prefabbing - Complete (POI Creation)


Jackelmyer
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...

Is there an updated guide for this process, or is this process still basically the same?

I tried looking up the bad company manager but the git hub says it hasn't been updated in 2 years.

So wondering if my present dedicated server (Windows 10, with Alloc's fixes and Server Tools installed) will work with the processes.

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly it's largely different now and this really should get an update.  Do some searching on YouTube for creating POI's and such.  There's some good videos out there and a whole tutorial.  Also look up Pille's editor as he's got a great tool for creating and editing POI's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, LewZephyr said:

Is there an updated guide for this process, or is this process still basically the same?

I tried looking up the bad company manager but the git hub says it hasn't been updated in 2 years.

So wondering if my present dedicated server (Windows 10, with Alloc's fixes and Server Tools installed) will work with the processes.

 

Thanks.

Here's a YouTube series (A18 mostly) that will help learn the basics of using the in-game prefab editor.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

u guys know to delete quest starting points? I put two accidentally and I cant remove it like other blocks

 

Doesn't it work like that?

 

1- Press "z" on the object.
2- Shift + g (to select the quest marker).
3- Press "j" to delete

 

 

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, danielspoa said:

u guys know to delete quest starting points? I put two accidentally and I cant remove it like other blocks

Look at marker > hold down shift > LMB to remove.

 

This works for any block.  RMB will replace it with the block you have actively selected in your toobar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Reckis said:

Is there no way to add the sleeper volumes in the in-game editor? Couldn't find anything in this thread about that, and I will be damned if I can figure it out myself.

Yes there is.  See video link below.  I recommend watching this guys entire series.  Will help you get started making prefabs within the editor. 😁

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Yes there is.  See video link below.  I recommend watching this guys entire series.  Will help you get started making prefabs within the editor.

Thanks, @Laz Man. I knew these existed and I am such a scatterbrain I forgot about them . . . even watched a few of them before

:frusty:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but couldn't find a better one...

 

Is there any kind of tutorial about creating new trader POIs?

 

There are a lot of things that aren't immediately obvious, like what values you should have in the IndexBlockOffsets values in the POI's XML file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 8:54 AM, khzmusik said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but couldn't find a better one...

 

Is there any kind of tutorial about creating new trader POIs?

 

There are a lot of things that aren't immediately obvious, like what values you should have in the IndexBlockOffsets values in the POI's XML file.

A bit on the late side but still valid and may carry on to further builds.

 

I did a bit of tinkering to make a 'multi-trader' and here are a few things that I can infer or what appears to be the case. Don't consider any of this totally accurate though as I can not be fully sure.

Upon placing a trader or open sign, the IndexBlockOffsets code is added automatically to the bottom of the xml. However, I'm not sure if the code is residual for previous builds but it still added or if it still carries any weighting in current builds.

 

For example, I placed 2 open signs and 5 traders in a multi-trader but only 1 open sign and 1 trader was added to the IndexBlockOffsets as follows:

 

  <property class="IndexedBlockOffsets">
    <property class="TraderOnOff">
      <property name="0" value="26, 4, 18" />
    </property>
    <property class="Trader">
      <property name="0" value="28, 1, 20" />
    </property>
  </property>

 

Regardless of what was added, both open signs worked just fine with trader timings and all 5 traders were functional. To get all 5 traders into the Prefab I opened each default trader and used the Z block to highlight the trader block and copy/paste function to bring over as they are saved in the clipboard. Just needed to rotate them to ensure they faced in the direction of players. Apart from that, I pretty much kept to the default values beyond keeping <property name="TraderAreaTeleportCenter" value="0, 0, 0" /> all 0. This offsets the TraderAreaTeleportSize for what reason I do not know. The default Traders are typically from 0 - 3 blocks.

 

The only other thing for Prefabbers to consider is that it's necessary to add a POI Tannoy Speaker to activate announcements and also use only the Iron 3 x 2 gate and iron doors as they are scripted to automatically close and lock at closing time. Using other door types or the roller garage did not automatically close and lock. The Tannoy and iron gate/doors must be scripted as with the open signs. Other settings can be copied directly from a default trader such as   <property name="QuestTags" value="trader" /> and <property name="TraderArea" value="True" />.

 

If anyone makes any Prefabs for new Traders/POIs, be sure to visit the https://discord.gg/KVNu7kMTnu (CompoPack) to submit as the community is always hungry for them.

20210820165432_1.thumb.jpg.42c83242105aa6d89aecf7be939bd15e.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arramus said:

To get all 5 traders into the Prefab I opened each default trader and used the Z block to highlight the trader block and copy/paste function to bring over as they are saved in the clipboard.

 

To be honest, I was hoping to get help with adding custom traders. I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to set which trader would spawn from the trader spawn block. (I ended up making an entirely different spawn block.)

 

I'm assuming that, since you had to copy/paste existing trader spawn blocks, you couldn't figure that out either.

 

Did anyone? Is it even possible with the current tools?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, khzmusik said:

 

To be honest, I was hoping to get help with adding custom traders. I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to set which trader would spawn from the trader spawn block. (I ended up making an entirely different spawn block.)

 

I'm assuming that, since you had to copy/paste existing trader spawn blocks, you couldn't figure that out either.

 

Did anyone? Is it even possible with the current tools?

Create a new block   if you look at the trader block in the blocks.xml there is a line that lists all the traders. Simply create a new block and add your custom trader name to that line and remove the others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Create a new block   if you look at the trader block in the blocks.xml there is a line that lists all the traders. Simply create a new block and add your custom trader name to that line and remove the others. 

I don't think it can be specified via xml currently.  I remember having to copy the trader block from the trader POI that had the correct trader I wanted in order to get them to spawn in my custom POI.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

I don't think it can be specified via xml currently.  I remember having to copy the trader block from the trader POI that had the correct trader I wanted in order to get them to spawn in my custom POI.

oh dang didnt know it wasnt working. Thanks for letting me know tho

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, khzmusik said:

 

To be honest, I was hoping to get help with adding custom traders. I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to set which trader would spawn from the trader spawn block. (I ended up making an entirely different spawn block.)

 

I'm assuming that, since you had to copy/paste existing trader spawn blocks, you couldn't figure that out either.

 

Did anyone? Is it even possible with the current tools?

The example of a custom trader I have seen in action was made with all the attributes of the current trader spawn block beyond being given its own custom "SpawnClass" and naturally, the connected custom trader with its own model. Making your own spawn block appears to be the way to go based on current practice and feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...