How to remove bg spooky music at night?

SickPuppy

I've found the culprit audio files inside the 'resource.assets' file [...]

Great work! +1 Will try it immediately!

Will this flag you for EAC enabled servers?

EDIT: Did test it mysel... doesn't work with EAC protection unfortunately. And for some sound modification I will surely not go down the hacking path ... ;)

Maybe I just turn off ambient completely and load up some nice nature/forest ambient tracks from Spotify. :-D

BTW, I do that with music already and find this The Walking Dead playlist really fitting:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1228364407/playlist/4he79VTZhNrbpN7JcYFxbw

EDIT: Did test it mysel... doesn't work with EAC protection unfortunately. And for some sound modification I will surely not go down the hacking path ... ;)

Sorry I'm single player only. In the resource.assets file I've just removed the 6 night time music files I don't know if that violates anything. But yer it's best to check with server owners before hand I guess. Curious to know did it work for u on single player? I've played for a few hours and haven't heard the creepy night music since.

Sorry I'm single player only. In the resource.assets file I've just removed the 6 night time music files I don't know if that violates anything. But yer it's best to check with server owners before hand I guess. Curious to know did it work for u on single player? I've played for a few hours and haven't heard the creepy night music since.

Sorry, i haven't tried. But I listened to the sound files and those were exactly the ones I wanted to get rid of. So I think your approach should work.

Modifying the game for yourself doesn't violate anything; it just prevents you from connecting to EAC protcted servers, and you shouldn't try that too often, because it can flag and ban you. Using it in single-player or on unprotected servers should be fine.

• 2 years later...

Yes the path IDs change every update but the path names 'a_night_oneshot1' 'a_night_oneshot2' etc remain the same, there's a search path name function in the AssetBundleExtractor. under Options > Search by name.

My dropbox account closed so I've uploaded the latest A18.4 resource.assets without all the spooky music to my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ehhqkDCU7om0N1KckwUnxOKPvymUEjTm/view?usp=sharing

Every update puts the spooky music back in so you will need to replace the file every time. I'm not a modder/coder so there's probably an easier way but this is just how I do it.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived