Zombie Texture Replacement

Xtrakicking

i know its a big PITA but you really should make this the other way since i think all the issues and requests people is having will get sorted with the other method, and they love this pack so you have to fix it every alpha. at the end the other way is less work.

I agree 100 percent, it will save him lots of work, and would be compatible with things like HDHQ lighting etc.

the issue is that in start is ton more extra work, and may involve some knowlage maybe he doesnt have, but it pays at the end since you dont need to update/fix all the time, and i didnt had the knowlage either so if i learned it anyone can lol.

Yeah, I've checked some of the guides already and the knowledge isn't really the issue, it's just that migrating the mod over to the xpath system would take some time and dedication that I sadly can't really afford right now. Updating the mod with the current system, while it's true that it's extra work and has its limits when it comes to other mods, can be done rather quickly.

I also have some things I want to do, such as working on some of the other zeds and make more variants of each one of them to take the mod to the next level. Once I get the time, I'll work on all these things for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

SNIP

I haven't tried both mods together, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if HDHQ modifies the assets files directly, in which case xpath would probably be the only solution to make both mods compatible.

• 3 weeks later...
@Xtrakicking, thanks for the 18.1b8 version.

It's a shame though it overwrite the resources.asssets file as now I have the hard task of choosing between these awesome zombies and the cool biome and time specific lighting from DUST2DEATH's HDHQ pack.

I'm assuming this is some kind of special Unity file with assets inside?

As his is doing biome lighting and yours is zombie textures they must be referencing or including different assets / textures?

Is there any way you and he can collaborate or patch this so both mods work as it will be hard to choose, they are both great visual improvments.

His mod is over here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?86145-HDHQ-Textures-Lighting-Environment&highlight=hdhq

It's also here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/133?tab=files (the first 152mb file for 18.1b8)

Try simply not using this on the server and only your client, if my memory serves me right I thought I read somewhere you don't need this on a server because it's basically just telling the client what textures to render the zombies in therefore it has nothing to do server side nor does the server care what you make the zombies look like.

In summary: Try it out and see if you can run your client / server setup with the mod installed client side only.

I can offer you the file for A18.2 (b5).

I like both mods/edits as well and update my files after each patch so, since you're on A18.1 (I don't have that file anymore) but if or when you upgrade to 18.2 just shoot me a message and I'll upload the file.

Hello, is there an update planned for the 18.2 stable ?

As said above, made it for 18.2 but there is also the HDHQ Lightning "mod" included.

I can offer you the file for A18.2 (b5).

I like both mods/edits as well and update my files after each patch so, since you're on A18.1 (I don't have that file anymore) but if or when you upgrade to 18.2 just shoot me a message and I'll upload the file.

As said above, made it for 18.2 but there is also the HDHQ Lightning "mod" included.

So you somehow combined the lighting and textures mods within the resources.assets file?

Yeah, I'd definitely like a copy, and we have since upgraded to 18.2b5 as well.

So you somehow combined the lighting and textures mods within the resources.assets file?

Yeah, I'd definitely like a copy, and we have since upgraded to 18.2b5 as well.

Yes, I combined them.

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S_Cd6p7Ql-9l1tLeWZIKnRnugGQ6XPxq/view

Let me know if something isn't working/missing.

btw. All credits of course to Xtrakicking and DUST2DEATH (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?86145-HDHQ-Textures-Lighting-Environment), I just putted the mods together.

Yes, I combined them.

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S_Cd6p7Ql-9l1tLeWZIKnRnugGQ6XPxq/view

Let me know if something isn't working/missing.

btw. All credits of course to Xtrakicking and DUST2DEATH (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?86145-HDHQ-Textures-Lighting-Environment), I just putted the mods together.

Awesome, thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Xtrakicking! I really love your mod! I'm a noob in modding but I want to ask you something because maybe for you could have a easy fix. I like the HDHQ Textures/Lightning/Environment mod by DUST2DEATH and I know that I just can use the lightning because the textures are not compatible for alpha 18.4. The thing is the lightning file is the same than your mod. My question is if there is any way to put toguether in one file or something like that. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for my english. Greetings from Spain!

On 5/12/2020 at 2:52 PM, busterbjones said:

Hi Xtrakicking! I really love your mod! I'm a noob in modding but I want to ask you something because maybe for you could have a easy fix. I like the HDHQ Textures/Lightning/Environment mod by DUST2DEATH and I know that I just can use the lightning because the textures are not compatible for alpha 18.4. The thing is the lightning file is the same than your mod. My question is if there is any way to put toguether in one file or something like that. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for my english. Greetings from Spain!

Hello! I'm really glad you enjoy the mod! :)

Yes, it's possible to combine them. All each mod has is a modified version of the vanilla resources.assets file. All that needs to be done is to modify the resources.assets file of one of the mods with the files of the other. I could try and do that for you if you send me the resources.assets file modified with DUST2DEATH's lightning mod for A18.4.

13 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

Hello! I'm really glad you enjoy the mod! :)

Yes, it's possible to combine them. All each mod has is a modified version of the vanilla resources.assets file. All that needs to be done is to modify the resources.assets file of one of the mods with the files of the other. I could try and do that for you if you send me the resources.assets file modified with DUST2DEATH's lightning mod for A18.4.

If you don't mind that would be great. Because I don't even know how to open .assets files to edit them to be honest. Tell me how can I send it to you and I will do it!. For other hand, if you have to spend a lot of time with this I don't want stole you a lot of time neither. I can live without the lightning and keep just with your mod.  Thank you so much and thanks for your quick response! :)

8 hours ago, busterbjones said:

If you don't mind that would be great. Because I don't even know how to open .assets files to edit them to be honest. Tell me how can I send it to you and I will do it!. For other hand, if you have to spend a lot of time with this I don't want stole you a lot of time neither. I can live without the lightning and keep just with your mod.  Thank you so much and thanks for your quick response! :)

It should work via PM. No worries, I'll try my best! :)

Archived