Zombie Texture Replacement

Xtrakicking

Also, to see more variations on one specific zombie you'd actually have to add in new copies of that zombie with just the different material, wouldn't that end up killing the framerate?

Depends on how you do it.

By that I mean how big are the textures, what compression have you used/not used.

How many materials are on a zombie in total.

Can you combine them into single mats. etc etc etc.

How many max variations are you expecting to have on screen at any one time total?

There is lots you can do, but what you do and how you do it will determine how well it works at your max level. (no point testing low levels, if it works at max, it works below.)

Bottom line is, same end result, different method; one that doesn't need to be updated.

Trust us; learn this method. :)

Certainly will. Just need to get myself the Unity Engine and run some tests.

In the mean time, that zombie boar is probably getting in through the assets method :p

Certainly will. Just need to get myself the Unity Engine and run some tests.

In the mean time, that zombie boar is probably getting in through the assets method :p

You can do animals using the new method as well. So far it's working with all animals and Zombies. :-)

You can do animals using the new method as well. So far it's working with all animals and Zombies. :-)

I'm guessing you'd export the texture, for example, of a rabbit, modify it to a zombified version in unity, export the material as a .unity3d package, then make a hostile entry for a rabbit in the XMLs linked to the materials, and voila, zombie rabbits, right?

I'm guessing you'd export the texture, for example, of a rabbit, modify it to a zombified version in unity, export the material as a .unity3d package, then make a hostile entry for a rabbit in the XMLs linked to the materials, and voila, zombie rabbits, right?

Yup I think so. Not entirely sure the rabbit has an attack animation, but it should work yeah. You gotta make em jump at neck height though, Like in monty python. I did make a holy hand grenade modlet if you need a way to kill em.. haha

Yup I think so. Not entirely sure the rabbit has an attack animation, but it should work yeah. You gotta make em jump at neck height though, Like in monty python. I did make a holy hand grenade modlet if you need a way to kill em.. haha

That should be easy with the jump animation of the spider zed.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you ever manage to make these into a modlet so they can be added as additional zombie variants? It'd be nice to add them as well and Mumphy's.

Not yet, sadly. Haven't had much time to mod the game these past months. I definitely want to turn to the modlet format, though. Hope I get some time to do it soon.

Not yet, sadly. Haven't had much time to mod the game these past months. I definitely want to turn to the modlet format, though. Hope I get some time to do it soon.

If you need help dont hesitate to reach out. Gup's discord etc. Plenty of people willing. especially Mumpfy.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does this mod replaces Nurse zombie to the old one from A14? I can't remember when they changed her slut version into boring one...

As far as I'm concerned, the nurse has always looked the same all throughout the development of the game. She's the only zombie that hasn't been changed.

This mod definitely makes her look less slutty, though.

Archived