Zombie Texture Replacement

Xtrakicking

Xtrakicking

Using your technique is it possible to also extract the block texture? Example the ribbed roofing plates. If so i would like to add bump mapping. If no then its all good .

Yes, but it's a different method since the block textures are located in the bundle files.

I have reinstalled the whole lot and doing so I am struggling now to reapply the patch for this mod, so I cna use it with War Walkers and Starvation Mod...

It labels the patch 16.3 ( but that may be coincidental ) I try to patch but it ERROR'S with incorrect version... ?

I have reinstalled the whole lot and doing so I am struggling now to reapply the patch for this mod, so I cna use it with War Walkers and Starvation Mod...

It labels the patch 16.3 ( but that may be coincidental ) I try to patch but it ERROR'S with incorrect version... ?

Fixed the link. Sorry about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Been meaning to compliment you on your work on these for quite a while ;) so here I am lol.

Fantastic work on these retextures Xtrakicking :)

After the game goes gold I hope to see a full texture pack from you that gives this treatment to all the zombies (you have done most of them already, kudos ;) ), I would use it as my default over the vanilla zombie textures every day of the week :)

Been meaning to compliment you on your work on these for quite a while ;) so here I am lol.

Fantastic work on these retextures Xtrakicking :)

After the game goes gold I hope to see a full texture pack from you that gives this treatment to all the zombies (you have done most of them already, kudos ;) ), I would use it as my default over the vanilla zombie textures every day of the week :)

Thanks! Not only that, I'm planning on also adding completely new zombies to the game as well. The more unfriendly brain-eating corpses the merrier :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cannot apply it for Mac version of 7d2d. When it loads it gives a blur purple text for the "loading.." message and then It give the purple screen.

I copy and replace the file in" 7DaysToDie.app/Contents/Resources/Data"

Is it for windows version only?

Or I put it in the wrong place?

I like this mod, I also like the readme and the "advanced" skills it takes to install it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Cannot apply it for Mac version of 7d2d. When it loads it gives a blur purple text for the "loading.." message and then It give the purple screen.

People still try to play games on Mac's these days? O_o But to answer yoru question I have no idea, like the OS on iphone/ipads the mac pc os is just as ass backwards.

It should work on Mac as well, considering it's just changing one file of the game. Have you tried using Sphereii's mod installer?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, newb here. I am having the purple/pink problem too.

I'm on Linux (Ubuntu/SteamOS) and 7 Days works very well. Thanks to the Pimps for doing such a great job.

When I use this new Zombie texture pack (See my thread here for trouble with dling the file.) - and put it in the right place - the entire game goes pink.

Everything is pink! :strawberry:

I then mess with settings like choosing "GL Core" option in the 7dtd launcher, or changing my screen res, and it has varying effects, like there will be some text in the game, but everything else is black.

It's Weird.

I *think* the problem could be that something within the tweaked "resources.assets" file is set to Windows-only. I suspect it's something to do with shaders, but that's just a guess.

Any way I can help troubleshoot it? I can trial-run stuff.

My anecdotal experience is running out of texture memory, but I don't think that's your issue... Try 1/8th textures in video settings just in case though.

But as someone who's recently delved into what that mod does, all it does is replace the existing texture in the atlas with an edited one, which should leave the normal map, diffuse map, occlusion map, and specular map alone. So, it /shouldn't/ be affected by video settings any more than vanilla.

I assume you have re downloaded and are using the launcher? Something may have gone wrong.

Archived