Zombie Texture Replacement

Xtrakicking

Will this retexture work alongside mods such as war of the walkers? I gave it a shot to try this retexture alongside war of the walkers and the soldier retexture glitched out bad, they became invisible and started flickering with random white splotches here and there

Will this retexture work alongside mods such as war of the walkers? I gave it a shot to try this retexture alongside war of the walkers and the soldier retexture glitched out bad, they became invisible and started flickering with random white splotches here and there

One of the best things about this mod is that, since it's not XML based, it should be 100% compatible with all the other mods. The soldier glitch you got was probably something else, cause my mod only messes around with the resources.assets file and unless War of the Walkers also messes around with that file, there shouldn't be any problems. Not to mention that the solider should be just fine, since I haven't modified his texture yet, and when there's a problem with the assets file the game usually crashes.

Have you tried installing War of the Walkers, then this mod? Are you in 16.3? If you're using the Mod Launcher, you should mention this to sphereii.

I did use the 7d2d mod launcher, running the game at the latest patch, Someone in this thread mentioned that it may be some issue relating to gamma, messing around with Gamma when you are in the game itself can cause some weird problems supposedly.

@the Lorax thank you dude, 'preciate it ^^

I finally got to a level where I am regularly seeing radiated zombies and wow... SO GLOWY and silly IMO.

Any plans to tone down (or even remove) the glowing zombies? I want zombie variety w/o the neon special effects...

Edit: And I just answered my own question by simply reading your blog.

REALLY nice work and I am looking forward to checking it out this weekend!!

• 2 weeks later...
A reminder to everyone that the mod's current compatible version is 16.3. I'm working on an update for 16.4.

You may have it easy :)

The Mod Launcher is still installing the 16.3 into 16.4 installs. The only way that is possible is if the resources.assets did not change between versions, so the current mod is compatible with 16.4.

You may have it easy :)

The Mod Launcher is still installing the 16.3 into 16.4 installs. The only way that is possible is if the resources.assets did not change between versions, so the current mod is compatible with 16.4.

For real?? Could you confirm that the 16.3 version is compatible with 16.4 then? I thought the resources.assets file always had something different in every new update.

For real?? Could you confirm that the 16.3 version is compatible with 16.4 then? I thought the resources.assets file always had something different in every new update.

When the mod launcher applies a patch, it does a check on the file to make sure it's the original file. That way, the launcher won't apply a bad patch.

The resources.assets file for A16.4 has been passing this check, so it's exactly the same file :)

I don't think its fully compatible. It throws this error one launch for myself and friends. See errors above Caitlyn error.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/164350929477304320/373992977368088576/unknown.png?width=1248&height=702

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename:  Line: 223)

Also this error

A script behaviour (probably EntityZombieDog?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 776 bytes but expected 780 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

(Filename:  Line: 1738)

You can still play, but you will get these errors in your logs.

I don't think its fully compatible. It throws this error one launch for myself and friends. See errors above Caitlyn error.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/164350929477304320/373992977368088576/unknown.png?width=1248&height=702

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename:  Line: 223)

Also this error

A script behaviour (probably EntityZombieDog?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 776 bytes but expected 780 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

(Filename:  Line: 1738)

You can still play, but you will get these errors in your logs.

Gotcha. I'll check a few things; I could be looking at an older log file for my valoween.

Sorry, Xtrakicking... you may have some work ahead of you yet :(

Gotcha. I'll check a few things; I could be looking at an older log file for my valoween.

Sorry, Xtrakicking... you may have some work ahead of you yet :(

No worries, updating the mod isn't the hard part; it's finding the time to do it. I'm gonna be pretty busy these days, but I'll try to find a gap in between. :)

No worries, updating the mod isn't the hard part; it's finding the time to do it. I'm gonna be pretty busy these days, but I'll try to find a gap in between. :)

I may be able to help you for future updates. Once you get things all sorted, if you want, send me your png files. I'll see if I can mostly automate it for you.

Archived