Zombie Texture Replacement

I was obviously getting confused with the process, I was downloading Valmod from steam and not *Copy from an existing copy* which coincidently I am confused about that option as how can I copy from a copy ?

Haha, anyway its working - THANK YOU.

7_Days_To_Die_2017_08_26_14_47_59_187.png

I just have to pray now that when either mod updates and I need to update I do not mess it up again.

When you use the Mod Launcher, it isolates your game, so you won't automatically get the new version before Valmar or Xtrakicking updates.

You should still be able to use the Patches method on a version you manually download. YOu just need to navigate to the right folder and apply.

The message you were getting about the patch not applying, was because the version of the file you were trying to patch (vanilla resources.assets) was not the same version as the patch was made for. I'm guessing it may have been an experimental version? The mod launcher won't patch a file it can't guarantee that it'll work on.

Enjoy :)

Does this need updating now we gone to 16.3 stable ?

(having trouble to patch again)

Yep, I think so as the skins are also gone for me and I remember seeing sphereii saying the same.

EDIT: well, I forgot to update the assets file again but know my game is crashing so I did break something else. I will run some repair tomorrow.

Edited by Madnesis (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello, is it possible to replace a16's stripgirl by a15's stripgirl who is more sexy, please? Cause I really don't like a16 the new zombies strip, she suck very much, she look like a prostitue & not a stripgirls!

The A15 stripper was a UMA zombie. This means that replacing the texture of the current A16's stripper is not gonna give you exactly what you're looking for, since her model would stay the same.

However, since the UMA system is still implemented in the game it is possible to bring the A15's stripper back. Just by other means.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nyteshade12134

Kudos to Xtrakicking for a beautiful mod and "supporting" it for the community. Thank you for the private help with the latest update.

A beautiful update for vanilla game graphics. Highly recommended.

I have a question.

Can the alpha patterns be saved, in mod folder, as .png, then referred to in archtypes the same way they are referred to in custom icons?

Haven't tried any of that yet, but I don't think so. These textures are kind of hardcoded into their corresponding zombies; what I'm doing is changing the way they look, but I don't think there's a way to change the textures referred in the vanilla assets other than adding your own to the game yourself.

What started this, is because of the uma caitlin .png. I did a console export and now the uma directory has some extra png files. I was using the BadCo Uma overlay mod. console export icons and have others now.

Would it be possible to upload one of the graphic textures you exported, so I can test with the uma archtypes file. If it works then you would be able to create custom textures easier and a single mod could progress through the future alphas.

What started this, is because of the uma caitlin .png. I did a console export and now the uma directory has some extra png files. I was using the BadCo Uma overlay mod. console export icons and have others now.

Would it be possible to upload one of the graphic textures you exported, so I can test with the uma archtypes file. If it works then you would be able to create custom textures easier and a single mod could progress through the future alphas.

Yeah, sure. However, I don't know when I'll be able to send it to you, I've been pretty busy these past weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Hello, good job, is it compatible with War of the Walkers Mod (Overhaul)?

It is for the non-EAC version.

I've included the patch for the zombies in War of the Walkers Bigger Back pack. Next time you play, it'll be applied.