Final attempt at fixing performance issue

TheSteelScorpion

Taking one last stab at trying to fix this issue before I abandon the game. Every time I go to play the game the stuttering and bottlenecking issue makes the game essentially unplayable. The friends I play with don't have this problem.

I set the setting of the game to low, ran a framecap at 59fps, turned vsync off, and still I can't maintain a stable frame rate. The cpu runs at a max #0: 81% #2: 90% #4: 98% #6: 93% UC: 87% with the GPU at 33% max. Temperatures never go beyond mid 60s at full load.

The stutter is definitely caused by fluctuating frames, but I have no idea how to fix it. The cores are unparked, I've tried to use ram set up via SSD before to no avail. I tried overclocking the processor specifically to try to fix this issue, little help. It is interesting to note that the cpu never hits 100% that I've seen yet from the game. I know it can hit that because when I stress test the monitor shows all cores hitting 100%, but highest I see it go from the game is 97-98 on all four cores, never 100.

computer build is:

CPU: i5 6600k overclocked to 4.2ghz with aftermarket heatsink

GPU: GTX 1080 OC

SSD 480gb with a 1tb hard drive (both OS and game installed on SSD)

16 ddr4 ram at 1066mhz

z170-e mobo

Also, side note, anybody know why attempting to run cpu-z instantly crashes the game?

edit to add: I don't have problems in any other games I can think of. I run plenty of games on ridiculous settings with no framerate cap at 144hz monitor and have no framerate issues or anything stuttering.

I'll just copy the one from back in june since not much has really changed from the other time you asked for it.

First a before snapshot:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Ix2JXG1EPo71ZH2cxqNo4ME

Next, during gameplay snapshot:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/i5t06KZ3WKFaD6cqHVhbqTs

It's not perfect as when I switch to grab the snapshot the game immediately uses less resources than during actual game obviously. Hopefully I did it right haha

I will say that I think it might be a bit more choppy with the a16 update but I could be wrong. The choppy framerate really does break the game I've noticed that sometimes it will get so bad that it will actually interrupt the run function and will cause them to walk, I dont know if it has always done that or if that means something, just that I've noticed it happen more than once now. Run is a straight line and the skipping will be so bad at points that despite still holding the button to run, it will disengage. Stamina starts to regain and everything. Seems like another member posted a similar account in terms of stuttering problems as well.

Archived