Are resources still biome based?

Xtrakicking

I actually have just been testing this the last couple eveninings I don't have extensive testing yet, I plan on doing like 5 random holes in each biome until I hit ore. From what I can tell so far though, keep in mind this may not be 100% accurate and biomes may have seperate deposits of resources I haven't seen...

Desert appears to be oil shale and iron

Plains is just iron

Forest is iron and lead

Haven't tested the other four yet but I've observed large amounts of coal in what appeared to be destroyed city and I'm fairly positive the nitrate is in the frozen forest, I'll report back here when I do since you already made a thread about it.

Reading a journal entry is such an exploit! You guys keep testing it through biome by biome exploration the way God meant you to and forget what Gazz said.

If you're going to read the journal entry then you might as well do it while sitting in a bedrock base and eating meat stews you duped in a stripper's corpse....

;-)

I suppose I would have read this journal entry you speak of if I knew what journal you were talking about and where it was. Is it a journal entry in game? Is it a devblog journal from Joel? Is it some pinned thread in this forum (checked, nope).

Thanks though, that was really helpful of both of you. I always enjoy being talked down to while an answer is alluded to but never given.

Anyways, my hypothesis was wrong I was able to find large iron, coal and PN deposits just in the plains, never found a large lead, only small patches attached to other ores (but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist too). So the biome specific spawns is definitely debunked, it leaves two alternatives speculations but I won't know without more testing or reading said journal.

1. The ores are depth based as it seemed the coal, lead and PN all spawned deeper

or

2. There are just different ore deposit patterns that are mixed and matched, like, 'mostly iron, patches of coal' or 'mostly PN and coal, patches of lead and iron' or 'mostly iron, patches of lead'

The journal in the game. which you get poked to twice (three times?) alone in the starting quests. Press TAB -> the button on top that looks like a pen.

And each biome still has a major Ore deposit as it always was but you still can find each ore in each biome. As far as i can read from (cheating) in the XML ^^

so far what i have found, N.B. These are my observation from my games in A16 and A16.1

Desert: Oil shale, potassium nitrate, iron

Burning: Iron, lead

Forest, Plains, Pine: Iron mostly, sometimes block of coal and/or nitrate.

Have massive problems to find lead good quantities to keep up ammo production.

I have made suggestion to better finding of ores. Still this is pretty much start digging and hope you find what you need. Too RNG compared rest of the game. We now do have these sand patches indicate good locations to start mining.

With minimal hours of the game you start to understand what materials you need and where they come from. Or if you needs specific items, you can focus looting on those places. Only thing which random still is this mining.

Reading a journal entry is such an exploit! You guys keep testing it through biome by biome exploration the way God meant you to and forget what Gazz said.

If you're going to read the journal entry then you might as well do it while sitting in a bedrock base and eating meat stews you duped in a stripper's corpse....

;-)

reported for being racist against strippers ! <3

;-)

ps. dont read the journal a zombie will eat you =D

If it makes you feel any better Aggy I wasn't even talking to you. I was making a joke to Gazz. I don't REALLY consider reading the journal tips an exploit. So don't feel talked down to by me. I really was only aware of Xtra and Gazz in the thread until just now...

But it's always cool to learn something new about the game so congrats on that. The journal is found by clicking that pen tab in the GUI. It lists exactly which ores are predominant in each biome.

;-)

hahahahahahahahahahaha

The journal in the game. which you get poked to twice (three times?) alone in the starting quests. Press TAB -> the button on top that looks like a pen.

And each biome still has a major Ore deposit as it always was but you still can find each ore in each biome. As far as i can read from (cheating) in the XML ^^

Does it show in the xml which biomes have the largest deposits of which ore? I would definitely like to know.

Does it show in the xml which biomes have the largest deposits of which ore? I would definitely like to know.

For underground:

Snow biome and Wasteland biome have large deposits of Potassium Nitrate and small deposits of lead and coal.

Both forest biomes have large deposits of Lead and small deposits of potassium nitrate and coal.

Plains biome and Burnt Forest biome have large deposits of Coal and small deposits of potassium nitrate and lead.

Desert biome has large deposits of Shale Oil and small deposits of potassium nitrate and lead.

All biomes have large deposits of iron.

How low must your self esteem be if you have to read the journals?

Who reads the instructions anyway?!?

;)

That is so true and typical of gamers. I remember tearing open game cartridges and the ONLY preparation needed was to blow into the cartridge a couple of times before plugging it in and getting started. The rules were often lost completely unread... lol

That is so true and typical of gamers. I remember tearing open game cartridges and the ONLY preparation needed was to blow into the cartridge a couple of times before plugging it in and getting started. The rules were often lost completely unread... lol

Or, you know, I had 700 hours in this game before there was any instructions or journal or any of that, and had completely overlooked that it existed while focusing on learning the min/max of the skills system, dealing with zomberts etc, after not playing for almost 2 years.

Oh yes the good old days lol. Also don't forget you had to count on the neighborhood or friends if any clues, cheats, or hints on stuff. At least till what was it the late 80s or something around then when the Nintendo magazine came out lol. Because Google and youtube was not our friend back then hahaha

For underground:

Snow biome and Wasteland biome have large deposits of Potassium Nitrate and small deposits of lead and coal.

Both forest biomes have large deposits of Lead and small deposits of potassium nitrate and coal.

Plains biome and Burnt Forest biome have large deposits of Coal and small deposits of potassium nitrate and lead.

Desert biome has large deposits of Shale Oil and small deposits of potassium nitrate and lead.

All biomes have large deposits of iron.

This is what I remember with the only exceptions being that they've changed the surface deposits. If you need large quantities you will have no choice but to mine to bedrock and move upwards from there.

Archived