Possible work around and/or solution to md5 crashes(base wipes/resets)

sTokedRecon

mutilator juice !? any theory as to why the Xb1 suffers from md5 so much more than the PS4 , mine is the XB1 OS is too CPU heavy and uses CPU time that is desperately needed for 7 days , or a possible memory leak because of all the plug and play peripherals that use CPU time and RAM just waiting for something that may never be used to get plugged in

mutilator juice !? any theory as to why the Xb1 suffers from md5 so much more than the PS4 , mine is the XB1 OS is too CPU heavy and uses CPU time that is desperately needed for 7 days , or a possible memory leak because of all the plug and play peripherals that use CPU time and RAM just waiting for something that may never be used to get plugged in

Sorry, missed your question.

The game has supposedly had a memory leak for awhile now, at least on pc. I'd bet we got it too

It plays out like this: The Xbox has a better cpu, the ps4 has a better gpu (until Xbox One X comes out).

The only thing that is really different is the way they allocate memory. Here is where I place my money on the problem.

If my theory is right, people who buy the Xbox OX and this game, shouldn't have these issues anymore.

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm no expert. All I know is what I read from most people on here

The game has supposedly had a memory leak for awhile now, at least on pc. I'd bet we got it too

It plays out like this: The Xbox has a better cpu, the ps4 has a better gpu (until Xbox One X comes out).

The only thing that is really different is the way they allocate memory. Here is where I place my money on the problem.

If my theory is right, people who buy the Xbox OX and this game, shouldn't have these issues anymore.

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm no expert. All I know is what I read from most people on here

yeah i think the CPU upgrade will help the Xbox a lot i discussed my theory with a few guys from the Redmond campus at my friends wedding and they all confirmed that the Xbox 1 OS is system resource heavy particularly cpu time which for 99 % of games isn't an issue because they all generally height map 3d games that are gpu heavy but easy on the cpu , micros softs move to finally support more CPU time leads me to believe there may be some AAA voxel titles in the works behind closed doors .

A while back Funkinstein,another,and I read way back into the PC bug reports the MD5 's happened as early as 7 I believe.The whole report is in these forums some where. As the PCs got better the reports got less till today where they are not reported on modern PCs. The low grade hardware in consoles especially xbox allows the MD5's which I believe is caused by a memory leak that goes back early in the programming.

This being a deep rooted bug I believe it will only truely be fixxed with improvements in the consoles themselves.

im hoping the new consoles will help its sad to see players on different consoles have such a drastically different quality of play , on such a great game and when my dad retires and moves to France with my mom the only way for me to play with him will be on the Xbox (he's old and he likes his xb1) so i hope the Xb1ox will but the xb1 back on the court with the ps4 , i like both consoles . but i felt Sony listened more to the customer needs rather than investors desires (noticed i used the word felt that means its a feeling an opinion not a fact and im not trying to pass it off as fact either :p ) now if these two companies where really smart they start build a cross platform network

Mutilatorjuice recommended that I post in the md5 thread for more views so that other players can test this so here I am. My search for the "md5" thread was futile as it returned the results too common or too short to locate reliable results. Here is a link to my OP over on the xbox forum. Maybe Claire or another mod that is well versed on the md5 subject could help with getting more views and confirmation of this work around?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69035-Possible-work-around-solution-to-MD5-error

If your games have crashed and base has been either partially or fully reset back to day 1 spawn status please consider attempting the work around in my OP.

Some additional info: I am currently on day 33 with no problems other than occasional crashes. After every crash I always use the work around and have not lost any of my player made changes to landscape. I do not know what affect the work around has on games that have already been fully or partially reset as I felt that it was better to just give the game a fresh start. I do not currently have a Gold xbox live subscription but hopefully will soon so that I can find a way to test the work around in multiplayer. I was very uncomfortable at first with the thought of "deleting my save" from my console, but that is the whole reason we have the cloud, is it not?

Thanks you told me about this on the 7 Days to Die Club! Ever since I haven't had a problem with the MD5 Error. Theres times where I haven't deleted the cloud but other than that. All good! Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes when i do this work around i have to delete the game save up to three times.. Each time the game size gets smaller and smaller. From 80 mb down to 72 mb down to 65 mb and than it will finally delete.. But never any md5 errors..

I have heard this mentioned before. No one seems to know why the file size gets smaller or why you need to delete it multiple times

Ok so.. The weirdest thing has been happening. I needed electrical components so i go and rip down the hotel. Come back to my base unload my stuff in my crates and than i make 4 spot lights go and place them, shortly after my game crashes. I do the delete local game save. Reload back up. All the loot i got from the hotel is still in my inventory except the electrical components.. And the spot lights are not their.. Of all the things tobe gone is what i specifically went to go get.. Another weird thing that has happened is ive dug a tunnel underwwater to the trader. Used it several times, the game has crashed several times and its still been there. So about 10 in game days later after i made the tunnel i went to go run thru it and its filled back in.. But the map still has a path uncovered showing where it use to be. Anyone expérience anything similar??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Question:?? I have two XBox One’s, a regular XBox in my bedroom and an XBox One S in the living room. Since they have to sync every time I switch from one to the other, if I sync on the bedroom one each time quit playing in the living room is that the same as backing up my game?? Or would the sync over write the game on it with the screwed up one?? Now that I say it out loud it doesn’t sound right.

Question:?? I have two XBox One’s, a regular XBox in my bedroom and an XBox One S in the living room. Since they have to sync every time I switch from one to the other, if I sync on the bedroom one each time quit playing in the living room is that the same as backing up my game?? Or would the sync over write the game on it with the screwed up one?? Now that I say it out loud it doesn’t sound right.

Are you asking if the game we're to crash on one of the consoles, could you jump to the other and load the game without any errors?

• 4 weeks later...

They call it "work around" for a reason

Seriously. If the came crashes 4 times during a 2 hour period of play, and I'm looking at 10 to 15 minutes to go through the steps every time it crashes... Well, you get the idea. I love the game. I do. And somebody is gonna jump up and tell me that it's Microsoft dropping the hammer on these poor devs that are just trying to make a game and I don't know how it works and all that, but... It's just not worth the hassle anymore. And I know that the devs, the fun pimps, ttg, Microsoft, or anyone else involved doesn't care if I stop playing. They don't care if you stop playing, or if everyone in this community stops playing because they already have your money. The best thing that I can do is head over to Amazon and write my 2 star review, head over to the Xbox online store and write my review, and post links to this forum to back up my poor reviews in the hopes that I can save one person the money that they would spend on this game.

• 1 month later...

Archived