A16 - Halicopter Pickup Service

HAL9000

• 2 weeks later...
can confirm this will not work with The Transmogrifier on an MP server for some reason but works fine on SP. It will not place the crate on an MP server. Wish there was a way to fix this, its a very cool item to have.

Hey Jax,

I think the transmogrifier includes my patcher fixes script. The fixes should be it's own mod then every mod can use it without interfering with other mods. Try removing PatcherHalDll.cs from the transmogrifier and rebuilding. Because it's already installed as a separate mod you won't get build conflicts.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Dam this is cool...

Does this work with A17 ?

can i just add this code in A17 on a dedi server?

When he does update it to A17, anything that has unity 3d models will have to be installed both on server and client side. Still, totally worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

No but an A17 version is in the works

Any change of augmenting it, for us corporate building squatters, so it can land on the helipad on the roof?

Any change of augmenting it, for us corporate building squatters, so it can land on the helipad on the roof?

It should do anyway if you build the pad recipe and place the "H" on the helipad, the only gotcha is they can have trouble around tall buildings with missing sections - the drone can fly into a section they try to move up but hit the ceiling.

Maybe the new pathing code can be used to generate a path that's aware of the surroundings, when I'm digging around I'll have a look.

Cheers,

Hal

Have/Will you be releasing you Halfire or display case mods?

Yep, halfire still needs more work but I've had a test version running on A17. I thought I already had released the display cases. I'm on holiday at the moment but I'll look at releasing that when I'm back. There's also another mod I'm working on and a new modding framework that should be out soon after I'm back.

Cheers,

Hal

It should do anyway if you build the pad recipe and place the "H" on the helipad, the only gotcha is they can have trouble around tall buildings with missing sections - the drone can fly into a section they try to move up but hit the ceiling.

Maybe the new pathing code can be used to generate a path that's aware of the surroundings, when I'm digging around I'll have a look.

Cheers,

Hal

Awesome. I've been taking the best parts of every mod i can get my hands on to put together the best server, for my players, and your mods are in the "to be acquired" que ;)

Yep, halfire still needs more work but I've had a test version running on A17. I thought I already had released the display cases. I'm on holiday at the moment but I'll look at releasing that when I'm back. There's also another mod I'm working on and a new modding framework that should be out soon after I'm back.

Cheers,

Hal

Thank you. It's good to here they are being worked on. I don't know if this means I'm a pyromaniac or anything but I love playing with the fire effects in Far Cry. But they can't really destroy the world like yours does. Makes for a more interesting and challenging game mechanic if your base can burn down.

I haven't used SDX yet for A17 but if you got the display cases already I think I will get it going again.

Have a good holiday.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived