The night time... question

Frostyxn

Zombies cannot hear and they cannot smell in A16. Also at night they cannot see more than a few blocks distance. You can chop down an entire 900 hp tree as long as you stay crouched with a zombie standing five blocks away and they won't detect you. They won't come investigate the chopping sounds.

You can shoot an arrow while crouched at a zed who is as close as 5 blocks away from you at night and it will start running around randomly but it won't start hunting you unless is accidentally runs into you but even in that case if you move away while crouched it will lose you in the dark.

So now is the perfect time to build your confidence about going outside at night. It will get tougher in the future once the‎ start reacting to smells and sounds and breadcrumbing their way to where you are becomes a reality but for now go out and enjoy your 90% invisibility. It is quite thrilling and not long before you start feeling pretty normal outside in the night.

so is he MM the Bearded Biker or the beardless Hawaiian shirt dude?

Have you seen MM's profile picture? If the bearded biker wasn't inspired by him, I'd be really surprised.

EDIT 2: Ah, I see what you did there. You are referring to him eating his beard because stable wasn't out by July 4th. :)

Damn, didn't expect this much of a response... Thank you all for the excellent insight. I'll be venturing out more often now for sure to test the waters of nighttime!

Didn't expect MM or Roland to get in this either. Thanks for reading my post guys.

Happy hunting!

What I tend to do is hole up in the dark with friends on some wooden frame supports. Then someone inevitably gets bored and either clubs someone or pulls a wooden frame out from under them sending them to be zombie food with a broken leg. That usually spurs lighting each other on fire with torches or shooting each other with bows. By the end of the evening we never die to zombies but are at the minimum wellness. It does make for some very amusing times. Especially when people start stealing each others loot.

First 2-3 nights are usually boring, but after i have plenty of work at night: mine, make food/tea, craft tools/weapons for next day, replenish forges, built inside the base ,so when is morning i can start early.Also later when i have better weapons i go out.

First 2-3 nights are usually boring, but after i have plenty of work at night: mine, make food/tea, craft tools/weapons for next day, replenish forges, built inside the base ,so when is morning i can start early.Also later when i have better weapons i go out.

Totally agree. I mean I played the end of A15. And after the first 7 days... I wanted MORE night time to do stuff. But I was just curious on other players approach to the first week. It seems to be the slowest curve for obvious reasons. Again thank you all for the tips.

- - - Updated - - -

Just don't carry a flashlight. Zombies think they are on, even when off.

Interesting... Good to know! Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

What I tend to do is hole up in the dark with friends on some wooden frame supports. Then someone inevitably gets bored and either clubs someone or pulls a wooden frame out from under them sending them to be zombie food with a broken leg. That usually spurs lighting each other on fire with torches or shooting each other with bows. By the end of the evening we never die to zombies but are at the minimum wellness. It does make for some very amusing times. Especially when people start stealing each others loot.

I don't have friends. but that sounds like a hilarious evening!

On a recent game with a buddy, I spent the entire first night closing the distance between us. There I am, running through a wasteland biome in the dark, listening to zombies setting off landmines on either side of me while evading dogs, irradiated cops and vultures. I made it through just as the sun came up, but I asked more than once, "How am I still alive right now?"

It was pretty exciting.

Ayup, anyone thinking they have to hide in their base all night (as I can see one forum user in this thread thinks they have to), just isn't doing it right.

This version of 7dtd is THE most forgiving for night time activities by far I reckon.

Ayup, anyone thinking they have to hide in their base all night (as I can see one forum user in this thread thinks they have to), just isn't doing it right.

This version of 7dtd is THE most forgiving for night time activities by far I reckon.

That's what I keep hearing Oz. I'll probably check it out when I get home here shortly. Last few minutes of work.

That's what I keep hearing Oz. I'll probably check it out when I get home here shortly. Last few minutes of work.

Ayup, not has the need to spamcraft almost disappeared (only medicine to go really), but the ability to make use of the night has ramped up massively (admittedly, partly due to sound/smell not working properly).

This is the golden age of night time really in terms of its safety.

Archived