Simple UI Plus

RevenantWit

Thanks so much for this mod, it's awesome, and the UI is slick!

My eyes get a bit sore with the new icons size, but it's really worth it! ;)

I went in and added a couple of other little xml changes like making the safes storage size also bigger like the other containers and it seems to work fine. I wanted this to have horde nights loot containers that will resist cops explosions or any other zombie damages in my fight arena.

So I have 2 questions if you don't mind.

It seems like we need to rebuild all our containers for them to show up the new sizes, right? I thought your description meant we only have to build one, and they will all update...

Also, sorry if you already explained this somewhere, I didn't read the whole thread. I was just curious what is the role of the dll file. I guess it takes care of saving the new backpack slots (their content would disappear without it, unless you kill your player from what I read in other threads). But does the dll also do anything else, like shifting the UI or something, or is that all pure xml?

Thanks so much for this mod, it's awesome, and the UI is slick!

My eyes get a bit sore with the new icons size, but it's really worth it! ;)

I went in and added a couple of other little xml changes like making the safes storage size also bigger like the other containers and it seems to work fine. I wanted this to have horde nights loot containers that will resist cops explosions or any other zombie damages in my fight arena.

So I have 2 questions if you don't mind.

It seems like we need to rebuild all our containers for them to show up the new sizes, right? I thought your description meant we only have to build one, and they will all update...

Also, sorry if you already explained this somewhere, I didn't read the whole thread. I was just curious what is the role of the dll file. I guess it takes care of saving the new backpack slots (their content would disappear without it, unless you kill your player from what I read in other threads). But does the dll also do anything else, like shifting the UI or something, or is that all pure xml?

Yes you need to rebuild all containers

The dll is just to save the backpack slots and such. The UI is all done through the xml

Yes you need to rebuild all containers

The dll is just to save the backpack slots and such. The UI is all done through the xml

Awesome, thanks for the quick answer. Started to mod the game a little bit in the last couple of days, and mods like yours really helped me getting started. Much easier than I thought, and pretty flexible, having lots of fun so far!

I don't have any modding experience, but I work in the game industry and I've been programming for many years, so this feels very easy to me. For now I'm just stealing pieces from you guys and adapting them to my liking.

Actually a few other questions if it's ok:

Ii it normal that the debug UI (that apppears when you press ESC in debug mode) shows me day 16 when I am at day 70. Was wondering if it was because of the dll, or just an issue with the debug menu in the default vanilla game...

Also, I was trying to display the number of skill points I currently have instead of the number of pvp player kills (since I only play SP for now) in your custom UI, but I am not able to have the number display like you do with the other attributes. Not sure what I did wrong.

I tried replacing your pvp kills section with this with no luck:

<rect pos="685,-27" width="32" height="32" >
		<sprite depth="4" name="windowIcon" width="32" height="32" pos="0,0" sprite="ui_game_symbol_skills" color="[white_half_alpha]" />
		<label depth="6" name="PSkillsNumber" pos="2,-4" width="28" height="28" text="{skillpointsavailable}" color="[white]" justify="center" controller="windowSkillInfo" effect="outline" />
	</rect>

I also tried keeping yours and adding mine in the middle of the belt right side UI.

The icon shows fine, but the number for {skillpointsavailable} never shows.

I also tried using the controller window of windowSkillInfo, which is SkillInfoWindow, but that's even worst, it outpouts null ref exceptions in the console when loading my game.

I must just be doing something stupid that I can't see. ;)

Thanks again, keep up the good work! Will have a hard time playing without your mod now. ;)

Hi again,

there seems to be a bug with the map. The saved way points don't show their tooltips when you hover over them, you have to move the cursor far away to have them pop. The tooltips seem to use the old size of the map.

Is there any easy way to revert just the map to it's regular size, or are there too many changes to all the widgets that compose it?

EDIT:

I tried a quick revert of the maps section of wondows.xml, but it didn't seem to change much, so I guess it's because you are changing some of the controls globally. Maybe the controls would need to be duplicated or something if that's possible...

Love the mod

Love the mod items still disappear from time to time thou out of expanded slots haven't installed on an nfo server not only do they disappear after you save the world sometimes the expanded slots won't work when you first load in and it thinks your quick bar is the only inventory you have and you have to pull an item from the top of your backpack to the extended slots and then it recognizes the slots are there and it works just fine I installed it as per the instructions and the clients have it installed as well but it still seems too do this from time to time it's not a big deal though the benefit of having a bigger inventory is worth it I just make sure I empty everything out of the extended slots and save the world before I log and that usually solves it

Hi again,

there seems to be a bug with the map. The saved way points don't show their tooltips when you hover over them, you have to move the cursor far away to have them pop. The tooltips seem to use the old size of the map.

Is there any easy way to revert just the map to it's regular size, or are there too many changes to all the widgets that compose it?

EDIT:

I tried a quick revert of the maps section of wondows.xml, but it didn't seem to change much, so I guess it's because you are changing some of the controls globally. Maybe the controls would need to be duplicated or something if that's possible...

After looking a little more today, I found out that the master resizing of all windows happens at the beginning of xui.xml:

<!-- S420 Start -->
<!--ruleset name="default" scale="1.255" stackpanel_scale="1.05"--> <!--Stock-->
<ruleset name="default" scale="1.05" stackpanel_scale="0.90">
<!-- S420 End -->

Reverting that makes the map work properly again, but then all other windows are too big for the screen. And there doesn't seem to be a way to have a different ruleset just for the map...

This is a pretty annoying issue, it makes using the map really problematic. I usually set tons of waypoints to know where is what, and now they are all unusable.

Am I the only one to get this problem?

Help please!!!

Also, I was trying to display the number of skill points I currently have instead of the number of pvp player kills (since I only play SP for now) in your custom UI, but I am not able to have the number display like you do with the other attributes. Not sure what I did wrong.

I can't find a solution to this one. I guess the new hud numbers are updated in the dll...

That's kind of why I was asking what's the role of your dll in my previous post.

Love the mod items still disappear from time to time thou out of expanded slots haven't installed on an nfo server not only do they disappear after you save the world sometimes the expanded slots won't work when you first load in and it thinks your quick bar is the only inventory you have and you have to pull an item from the top of your backpack to the extended slots and then it recognizes the slots are there and it works just fine I installed it as per the instructions and the clients have it installed as well but it still seems too do this from time to time it's not a big deal though the benefit of having a bigger inventory is worth it I just make sure I empty everything out of the extended slots and save the world before I log and that usually solves it

If stuff is disappearing then the Assembly-CSharp.dll I've included is not installed on either the server or the pc connecting to the server. It must be installed on both.

I can't find a solution to this one. I guess the new hud numbers are updated in the dll...

That's kind of why I was asking what's the role of your dll in my previous post.

As far as I know you can't display the skill points on the UI in A16. Or at least I never had any luck with it.

For the map that is an unfortunate side effect of getting the backpack to fit on the screen. There's no real easy way to change that back without other things becoming to big.

Again my dll has nothing to do with the UI elements only a couple under the hood changes to account for a bigger backpack and workstation output.

• 3 weeks later...

I am installed Simple_UI_Plus-v0.9-60-4.3 all is working like fine but i got bug when i am put something in inventory example wood on 60 slot and log out then log in again to server and it's disappearing. How to resolve this problem i am using latest version 16.4 b8

I am installed Simple_UI_Plus-v0.9-60-4.3 all is working like fine but i got bug when i am put something in inventory example wood on 60 slot and log out then log in again to server and it's disappearing. How to resolve this problem i am using latest version 16.4 b8

If stuff is disappearing then the Assembly-CSharp.dll I've included is not installed properly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived