Need some help on this one.

CRYPT0N1X

Hello Modders. I have a challenge for you. I am modding the windows.xml file attempting to change this.

<window name="emptyInfoPanel" width="603" height="427" panel="Center" controller="InfoWindow" cursor_area="true" >
<!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->
	<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">
		<sprite depth="2" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="4,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_search"/>
		<label style="header.name" text="INSPECT" text_key="xuiInspect" />
	</panel>

<rect name="contentCraftingInfo" height="381" depth="1" pos="0,-46" >
		<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="603" height="381" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
		<sprite color="[mediumGrey]" type="sliced" />
		<label pos="0,-120" depth="3" name="descriptionText" width="100%" height="150" text=" [left CLICK] TO INSPECT AN ITEM, RECIPE OR ACTIVE EFFECT\n[left CLICK] HOLD AND DRAG TO TAKE A STACK\n[left CLICK] TO DROP OR SWAP A STACK\n[right CLICK] HOLD AND DRAG TO TAKE A HALF STACK\n[right CLICK] TO DROP ONE ITEM AT A TIME" text_key="xuiEmptyInfoPanelText"  justify="center" font_size="28" />
	</rect>
</window>

I have removed the descriptiontext and it will not change at all when you press B. Just pressing B should bring you to the character with an empty Inspect area.

End result that I am trying to do is attached below. Clearly with my own information provided.

841528407_Secretsmainhud.jpg.baca64509396792e1e39c3d8f03df6cd.jpg

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

hmmm.....You want colored text ?

you will just simple to change the text which is contained in Localization.txt

(search for xuiEmptyInfoPanelText key)

Yes, I want colored text. However, it cannot be in locallization as this is for a Open server accessible for others. So they wouldn't be able to download the locallization file, right? I have tried to change locallization before and it didn't change the outcome.

Can make text color by adding individual text <label> - each with its own color param.

Later i will check ability changing the text - it can not be that he doesn't change....but, it is only about SinglePlayer...

About the server/client - i can't tell.

• 1 year later...
Can make text color by adding individual text <label> - each with its own color param.

Later i will check ability changing the text - it can not be that he doesn't change....but, it is only about SinglePlayer...

About the server/client - i can't tell.

Is there a place where I can view all the colors that are available for text? The window.xml file uses "[black]", not a hex code, for black text. If I try to add yellow or orange in place of black, my text comes out white. I'm hoping there's a way to add custom colors, like dark red or pale yellow, but I can't figure out what my options are.

Edit: I know how to change the text in the Localization folder, which I did for my personal game, but I would like to be able to push this out to an entire server.

Archived