electrical stove/forge

renamon

I was hoping it would be as easy as adding this property to the block. It still doesn't allow you to hook a wire up to it even with this property. I haven't found any specific xml entries that beyond this one that would add powered functionality.

<property name="RequiredPower" value="5"/>

I have tried with editing the XML files and it didn't work out too well. I was able to hook up the oven to an electrical grid by changing the class to powered, but I could never get the oven to work as a campfire. I doubt that you can accomplish this by just editing XML.

so i didnt try any coding here yet, but i can tell you what i notice off the bat.

Power variable may only work with certain variables and not with how something activates the ability to open it.

I took about 5 mins to see maybe a work around, and looks like maybe there is but i would need to actually code to test the theory.

so i didnt try any coding here yet, but i can tell you what i notice off the bat.

Power variable may only work with certain variables and not with how something activates the ability to open it.

I took about 5 mins to see maybe a work around, and looks like maybe there is but i would need to actually code to test the theory.

i also checked in items in case the wire tool have a list of specific blocks to use but no luck. (like the jar or the can)

IMO wait till full release.

• 10 months later...

Archived