feral hoard suggestion

LoneSoldier

I'd like to see the feral hoard added into the options with a dropbox allowing you to select frequency... "never, every 5 days, every 7 days, every 10 days" hate the hoard? turn it off... think it's too easy? bring it every 5 days... like it the way it is? keep it at the 7 days... need more time in between? set it to every 10 days... result: everybody happy!

This is exactly what I was looking to post. On our server there are 4 of us who run together and build our base. We loved the nightly horde spawn and when it stopped it felt like the game just died lol. Please give us the option to turn on in our servers how often we can have the hordes hit us. We would like a nightly option along with other options for additional days such as 3,5, or 7 days.

[QUOTE=Lilysyn;134891]This is exactly what I was looking to post. On our server there are 4 of us who run together and build our base. We loved the nightly horde spawn and when it stopped it felt like the game just died lol. Please give us the option to turn on in our servers how often we can have the hordes hit us. We would like a nightly option along with other options for additional days such as 3,5, or 7 days.[/QUOTE] I agree this would be a great addition, but in your case, if you want feral zombies all the time, you can turn that on in the config file.

It's not so much as feral zombies, but the excitement of the nightly horde. We had a nightly horde until we reached day 50 and everything just stopped. We initially thought there must be something wrong because not only did the zombies not show up, but there was not a single animal around. We started a new server today after the 9.3 hot fix and were having the problem of the animals not spawning. I'm wondering if they are tied together with zombie spawns and animals.

I would rather see these options: - Random - Off What's the point of having it come every 5 days or every 7 days when you know when they will come. When you have it random, you always have to be on guard and that's where the real challenge should be. If I know what day they'll be coming, I'll throw up a bunch of extra blockages, traps, spikes, etc just before they come. It needs to be unpredictable. However, for my type of game play, I would rather have feral hordes off but I know many people that do like them. Nothing should be predictable in a survival game. You should not know when a supply drop will happen. Right now, just before noon, I'll clear my inventory and watch for the plane. When it's unpredictable, I might be out and about and when I hear the plane, I'll have to scramble and hope that I have enough inventory for the supply drops or risk going back to base to drop stuff off and then go off after the supplies with lost time.

I finally saw my first feral horde last night and it was wonderful! I'm not sure if it was two smaller hordes or one that got split up, but I wasn't expecting it at all! I'd love to see this happen more often, as I was actually surprised by someone banging on my fortress in the middle of the night. I actually got to use my battlements!! Oddly enough, the feral horde(s) ran through a group of other Zs to get to me apparently.

[QUOTE=LoneSoldier;134772]I'd like to see the feral hoard added into the options with a dropbox allowing you to select frequency... "never, every 5 days, every 7 days, every 10 days" hate the hoard? turn it off... think it's too easy? bring it every 5 days... like it the way it is? keep it at the 7 days... need more time in between? set it to every 10 days... result: everybody happy![/QUOTE] Every night should be an option as well!

[QUOTE=fanzypantz;136542]Every night should be an option as well![/QUOTE] every night would be a bit much... because you'd only have the initial day to fortify a position and create your weapons... it was for that reason my original suggestion was for 5 days on the low side. by all means however, as long as the option for turning it off is included (devs seem to be avoiding the casual options) it could be "odd optioned" with never, daily (1 day), every 3 days, every 5 days, every 7 days, every 9 days...

[QUOTE=LoneSoldier;136815]every night would be a bit much... because you'd only have the initial day to fortify a position and create your weapons... it was for that reason my original suggestion was for 5 days on the low side. by all means however, as long as the option for turning it off is included (devs seem to be avoiding the casual options) it could be "odd optioned" with never, daily (1 day), every 3 days, every 5 days, every 7 days, every 9 days...[/QUOTE] It should be an option for those who want that = me. I feel like the game is to easy even on feral mode. Though this lies in that I'm too good at the game at this point.

Archived