General Discussion

Roland

I was going to put this thread in off topic, but I think all things considered, this is likely the better place to put it since the majority of posters here actually stream or capture video, and as such would have more experience and insight into recommendations and such.

Perhaps the forum needs a hardware section.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of the content creators out there have any experience with streaming / capture / recording cards, specifically for streaming console to Twitch or youTube. I was looking at the Elgato and Hauppage PCIe cards and trying to determine which one might work better for connecting a console via HDMI and streaming using either provided software or OBS. Or, if there are other recommendations, I'd appreciate some direction on choosing one. Budget, as always, is a concern, so no I'm not going to spend $1,000 on a capture card or device, but I think the Elgato is $200 for the HD PRO version, and anything under that would work within my budget.

You could drop Skippy0330 a line. He puts console content onto Youtube and I know he also uses a "stream deck", whatever that is. He has an open Discord and is very reachable thru there or I suppose also here.

Edited by JCrook1028 (see edit history)

So I just got my base finished for A15. A big castle base design that started out as just a log cabin and expanded from there. Took just shy of 100 days to make it, and I got around to making a base tour video of it :D

It's a long one so feel free to just skip around to see different things. I'll post pictures soon... It was made with different buildings for some of my subscribers as well as parts of the castle as well, so happy I managed to get it all done :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello everyone, I am a sub par YouTuber, got maybe 1,500 subs, but I really want to spread some love to The Fun Pimps, and of course their masterpiece in the making!

I have a decent rig, but I just kind of wanted to ping you guys, here on the forums about optimising for recorded gameplay and audio.

What are some tips? Any graphic settings I should cut out? Something unimportant to the viewer which would increase frames?

I can handle everything at max, as it seems, with a decent 40FPS.

I don't know enough about settings, and optimization to know what should be disabled!

I really only plan to record gameplay/commentary offline, don't worry about ping or internet speed, I'm all solo offline stuff.

I am really excited to hear from you all! I'll monitor this for months, and I want to hear what you would wouldn't consider vital towards getting a decent frame rate!

Fine question, but we're trying to reserve the threads in this section for the channels themselves, so I'll move this to the general discussion sticky.

• 2 weeks later...
Fine question, but we're trying to reserve the threads in this section for the channels themselves, so I'll move this to the general discussion sticky.

I thought I was creating a new thread. I guess this board doesn't work like all the others?

It somehow posted it as a reply in some general discussion thread.

I kind of give up, nobody other than you has bothered to address it, and it makes sense considering the method of posting. Oh well, ideas come and go.

I was going to put this thread in off topic, but I think all things considered, this is likely the better place to put it since the majority of posters here actually stream or capture video, and as such would have more experience and insight into recommendations and such.

Perhaps the forum needs a hardware section.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of the content creators out there have any experience with streaming / capture / recording cards, specifically for streaming console to Twitch or youTube. I was looking at the Elgato and Hauppage PCIe cards and trying to determine which one might work better for connecting a console via HDMI and streaming using either provided software or OBS. Or, if there are other recommendations, I'd appreciate some direction on choosing one. Budget, as always, is a concern, so no I'm not going to spend $1,000 on a capture card or device, but I think the Elgato is $200 for the HD PRO version, and anything under that would work within my budget.

I currently use:

OBS Studio (free broadcasting software with tons of "How To" videos all over the web)

Elgato HD60 (PS4, PS3, Wii U, Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One, etc recording/streaming)

Elgato HD60 Pro card (has better quality recording options for streaming, literally feels like no latency at all)

AT2020 USB+ Microphone

And plenty of extra HDMI cables, and HDMI splitters.

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting ready to start a YouTube channel, and I'm hoping to get an "official" response from someone who works for TFP about whether or not my channel's name might be a copyright violation against TFP. I wanted to name my channel "7 Days to Bri." My real name is Brian and some of my friends at work call me Bri-Guy (for some reason). I plan most of the content of the channel to be about this game, although I will dip into some others just for fun. My first choice had been "Bri-Guy Gaming" but then I saw that "Bearded Guys Gaming" is a big one and I didn't want to cause any confusion by having the same initials. I wasn't sure where to post this, but this thread seems like the most likely choice...

Edit: Just gonna go ahead do my thing, since I'm not getting a response. If there's an issue I can re-brand in the future.

Edited by dhlmaster (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I assume this is as good'a place as any to throw this - thought it was awesome. Been following the Neebs Gaming crew for ages, loving their theatrical cuts of their 7 days series, and they dropped this, this morning:

Enjoy

edit: Seems to be spreading like wildfire which is great. Joel's even got it on his twitter :D

Edited by Mungo (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
I assume this is as good'a place as any to throw this - thought it was awesome. Been following the Neebs Gaming crew for ages, loving their theatrical cuts of their 7 days series, and they dropped this, this morning:

Enjoy

edit: Seems to be spreading like wildfire which is great. Joel's even got it on his twitter :D

Neebs is my favorite 7DTD series at the moment. Just watched a new episode last night

• 4 weeks later...

can someone explain to me or drop me a link for a youtube video of how i can create new enemies and animals for 7DTD. i really like it when the game is populated with all different creatures, animals, birds, crocodiles, fish ect and be able to interact with them - like kill them for meat ect. i would really like to give it a go to make my perfect version of the game thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Wondering if there is any way to have my viewers get involved with my stream by having them spawn in zombies or even a horde using bits and or donations. Is there any way to use the twitch api and or mixer api to do so? Is there a third party app or even a mod that could make the happen?

Thank you.

• 11 months later...

I went on a long journey.... to the equivalent of Grand Canyon.... because of that one fateful blood moon night, being chased by murderous vultures and in a frenzy, ramping my motorcycle to certain death in the deepest parts of the Canyon. It has been days since that evening. I decided I must recover my lost motorcycle. I found my way to the mining company and discovered a way down... exploring parts I have never seen. I traversed the entire depth of the Canyon not only finding my motorcycle, but a segment of a broken road from a bridge above with a destroyed car. It is a tragic location indeed. However, I had also found a mysterious structure. Turns out there was a hidden ancient burial grounds of former Apache members. In one secret tomb, I found for the first time in my 7d2d career (1,778 hours according to Steam), Taza's Stone Axe.... of which I have yet to learn of its actual powers.... but it says those who wield it are invincible. Amazing how after all this time, I am still discovering secrets. Reminds me of my first experience with Grace.... always ends in death.