Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Did you able to implement it?

Yes, you even reacted to the post where I've explained the feature^^:

It is a bit complicated to use when you try it for the first time... I might make a video if necessary.

• 1 month later...

The map editor is looking real cool.

Will there be an option to randomly add or reassign prefabs on a pregenerated map so the person creating the map can also enjoy the exploration of it without knowing what prefabs are in?

Hows it coming along?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ArNaLdInHo said:

Hello,

Its possible to change 1 block type to other in +1000 prefabs ? any way ? select directory change all bocks ?

Yes you can in the one with the replace (prefabs in folder) option then you select the folder you want the block changed and it replaces the 1 block in all prefabs in that folder. 

2021-01-30_07h20_57.jpg.6ed6225f75dff5182bbdce8693e09c44.jpg

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Changelog 0.90 (Incomplete. Probably I will add to that later.)

* added console command removeTraderData which removes all trader-related xml lines from all POIs in a specified directory unless the XMLs has the line '<property name="TraderArea" value="True" />'

* fixed bug in nitrogen list creator which slowed down the process and caused high memory consumption

* fixed false update reminder

Download

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qm4s4422dyspii/Zombie_%2864_bit%29.zip/file

Sorry but the autoupdater still needs to be fixed. It's always the same download link btw.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Master Pille, can you look at adding a King Gen list creator? Im not sure Damo is coming back, and Kings tags are a little more accurate on top of it. Ive got a version of Nitro that will work with A20 already, but I probably will only be sharing it with friends. I think King Gen is going to be the defacto city maker from 20 forward.

• 6 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 9:55 PM, Cpt Krunch said:

Master Pille, can you look at adding a King Gen list creator? Im not sure Damo is coming back, and Kings tags are a little more accurate on top of it. Ive got a version of Nitro that will work with A20 already, but I probably will only be sharing it with friends. I think King Gen is going to be the defacto city maker from 20 forward.

How do I become a friend to get the working Nitro for A20???

On 11/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, LunitartheChaoticGM said:

How do I become a friend to get the working Nitro for A20???

This message is somewhat obsolete with the reported changes to maps in A20. I can still make height maps for a20, but other changes made by TFP are going to require conversion tools. Also the new tile system will require new coding unless i use the new vanilla POIs using the old generation system, which truth be told I really dont want to do. Hoping Damo or King (or Pille!) write a new generation code. What I do have working I probably will not be releasing to the public, though I will still be releasing maps in one form or another. Fingers crossed we will hear from Damocles and King after 20 releases.

• 5 months later...

In the long run, I'd like to update it again and make it fully compatible with the current alpha or at least with future versions of the game. I cannot make any precise statements about the compatibility with A20. Reading and writing XML seems to be incomplete. Last time I checked it looked like certain blocks (shape blocks) had to be placed into POIs via ingame editor before they could be used within my editor. They should be registered as unknown blocks with unique ID if the corresponding option to load unknown blocks is enabled.

At the moment I am working on other projects (maybe know that already). Once they are released I will have time for the editor again:

Teragon Demo Video

Another preview video by Tallman Brad

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

I think the big thing most players need in the short term is a way to edit zombie volumes in a20, even if the other things waited. A friend of mine has what he thinks might be a short term fix, but the point Pille just brought up about the xml changes might actually affect what we were planning. I will keep you all posted if we get it working to any useful degree.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, Cpt Krunch said:

I think the big thing most players need in the short term is a way to edit zombie volumes in a20, even if the other things waited. A friend of mine has what he thinks might be a short term fix, but the point Pille just brought up about the xml changes might actually affect what we were planning. I will keep you all posted if we get it working to any useful degree.

Cpt Krunch remember i mentioned a custom map in the shape of Texas well teragon will hopefully make map making much easier as i hear u can upload landmasses in endless different shapes and it seems like we have or will have full creative freedom on biome layouts. if u still do the Texas map I think all of west Texas should be a desert for obvious reasons but I hope we can set all cites in Texas to also be the wasteland biome cause some Texas cities along with many others in other parts are real @%$#-holes in real life. as for me I have an even more epic map project in mind that will be mind blowing if i can pull it off.

• 2 months later...

I'm about 80% done with my other project (in terms of the needed progression for a first release). After that, I wanted to continue with the editor at some point. However, its code is total garbage, on which one should not continue to build. So not sure what to do, rebuild the whole thing or try to improve the existing system. Decisions have to be made... Perhaps the zombie will even rise as Opensource, the lowest form of existence. 😜