Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

If nothings helps, you could check the log files checkbox in the options and send me the logs.

Edit:

Ok I've read the other thread. I guess the blocks.nim is damaged or doesn't exist. That would explain why you can't see the blocks.

Try this one:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3yg6s8jnafxeyp/xcostum_ThemePark(by_stallionsden).blocks.nim/file

Also make sure that I haven't introduced any typos.

Edit2:

Perhaps I should have read more thoroughly. You wrote no POI shows up. Without the the log files I can't explain what happens. :( Anyway, I can load the theme park into both editors.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Pille said:

If nothings helps, you could check the log files checkbox in the options and send me the logs.

Edit:

Ok I've read the other thread. I guess the blocks.nim is damaged or doesn't exist. That would explain why you can't see the blocks.

Try this one:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3yg6s8jnafxeyp/xcostum_ThemePark(by_stallionsden).blocks.nim/file

Also make sure that I haven't introduced any typos.

Edit2:

Perhaps I should have read more thoroughly. You wrote no POI shows up. Without the the log files I can't explain what happens. :( Anyway, I can load the theme park into both editors.

Ok will look at it after a sleep. Where will i find the log files. 

Haha nevermind. General info - the next update is scheduled for this week. Unfortunately, I deleted the Linux version and now I have to rebuild it from scratch.^^ This doesn't takes very, so still think I can release by the end of the week.

The static entity spawn feature will also be ready. You shouldn't spawn to many of them the avoid performance impact.^^

ar90X2t.jpg

1 hour ago, Pille said:

The static entity spawn feature will also be ready. You shouldn't spawn to many of them the avoid performance impact.^^

ar90X2t.jpg

hmmm .... i love the pile you've piled up :D

Thank You - this is what i really need!

I still don't understand how this is possible.... this some undocumented data that is possible in prefabs?

.. is there a class that spawn them?

(I still use a trader-spawn with some tricks to avoid re-spawn...)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Hi,

Some facts:

* Static spawns require an old file format (for tts), so you can't have more recent features (textures, light settings and sleeper settings) and the spawns in one POI at the same time.

* Solution is to split the data into two (or more) prefabs. That means the static spawn feature of the editor is based on manipulating the map (small 1x1x1 POIs that holds the spawn data are inserted into regular prefabs by changing the prefabs.xml of the map), so you can have all features in the same place and it will look like a single POI with the player's perspective.

* There is an old read function for entities in the DLL file which seems to be present for backward compatibility reasons (That's what I am using). A corresponding write entity function doesn't exist and I wasn't able to find one in the older versions of the game. Probably there was one once but I only looked back to A15.

Hope this helps.^^

Well.... the further we go, the more often we have to rely on the past... :)

PS: be sure to make sure that this feature does not work as a trader-spawn. I suspect that repeat spawn is possible.

Because the code in the DLL can start differently but use the same output routines.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

An update has been released. I haven't added the new version to the auto-update yet but you can download it from the link in the OP or from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/null/Zombie_(64_bit).zip/file

It's the first version with official Linux support (there's a bash script 'start_linux' in the main folder of the editor). Unfortunately I lost some data, so I had to start the whole build again from scratch, that's why there are still some features missing on linux. Anyway, I'll write down the changelog later this weekend. In the next few days some minor updates will be released to improve the new features and make them easier to use. I also need to explain how to use the static spawn thing...

How-To for zombie editor v0.87 - Adding static spawns to POIs on a map

This instructions will be updated soon when I update the editor. It's complicated at the moment but will soon be simplified.^^

1. You need a map. Either generate one using Nitrogen or the ingame RWG or use an existing map

2. You need a valid nitrogen prefab list that contains all POIs used on the map. Make an empty text file prefablist.txt (its name doesn't matter)

3. Start the zombie editor

4. Click 'Extras' -> 'Nitro List Creator...'

5. Click at the checkbox 'Overwrite prefablist.txt'

6. Click 'Select Nitrogen POI List...' and select your empty textfile prefablist.txt.

7. Click 'Select Prefab directory...' and select the prefab directory of the game (default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs). Make sure that all POIs used for the map are present in the prefab directory. That should always be the case anyway, unless you use relative paths to store your prefabs in the mods folder.

8. Click 'Create POI List (this may take a while)'

You don't have to generate the prefablist.txt everytime you're adding static spawn to a map. It's only necessary if the 'prefabs.xml' in the folder of the map contains new POIs that are not listed in prefablist.txt.

9. Open the prefab directory of the game (default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs) in the windows explorer (Linux guys should know what to do)

10. Now you have to decide to which prefabs the entities should be assigned to. Let say you want to add spawns to house_modern_01. 

11. Make a copy of all files that belong to house_modern_01 (probably you only need a copy of the tts file, the blocks.nim file and the xml but I am not entirely sure atm.^^).

12. Rename the copy adding the string '_poi_map' to the names. So you should have the files house_modern_01_poi_map.tts, house_modern_01_poi_map.blocks.nim, house_modern_01_poi_map.xml etc.

13. Open the copy using the ingame editor or the zombie editor. 

14. Now you should place 1-block small player-made signs (block name playerSignWood1x1). The signs represent the static spawns. So if you add a sign in front of the fridge, the original prefab (house_modern_01) will also get a spawn point in front of the fridge.

15. You can define the spawn by writing text on the sign.

Example text of player sign: 

spawn,5,animalChicken

That should spawn 5 chickens at the location of the sign. If you omit the number you'll get only 1 chicken:

spawn,animalChicken

You can use all entity names mentioned in the entityclasses.xml or in the corresponding modded xml. So it's 100% compatible with Mods if you use the correct names of the entities. Note upper and lower case!

16. The rotation of the statically spawned entities should be tied to the rotation of the signs (might be somewhat buggy but will be fixed soon). Only 90° rotations work at the moment.

17. When you have added all the signs you want and set their texts, save the POI.

18. The static spawns are stored in small 1x1x1 prefabs which have to be created first. Go to the tab 'System' in the zombie editor (you should see a black console with green text) and enter 'staticSpawnPOI animalChicken' in the text field below (without the ' ' ) and press the button 'Ok'.  This will create the POI which holds the entity data for animalChicken.

Either the prefab is be generated in the directory of the editor due to a bug or in the prefab directory of the game (default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs). The console output should tell you where to find it. If it's in the editor directory, then you have to copy all files to the prefab directory of the game. The generated POI is name static_spawn_* (so for the animalChicken you have to copy the files static_spawn_animalChicken.blocks.nim, static_spawn_animalChicken.tts and static_spawn_animalChicken.xml). Note: This step (18) only needs to be executed once per entity name. It does not need to be executed every time you want to add entities to another map.

19. Next step is to insert the 1x1x1 prefabs to the map. Click 'Extras' -> 'Edit Map...'

20. Click 'Select map directory...' and select a map.

Example: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Worlds/TopMinders Map 12k

21. Click 'Select Prefab directory...' and  select the prefab directory of the game (see step 7)

22. Click 'Select Nitrogen list...' and select your previously created textfile 'prefablist.txt'

23. Click 'Add static entity spawns to prefabs' (might take a while)

Now you're done. You can check the prefabs.xml of the map for the string 'static_spawn_'. In my example there should be some entries for static_spawn_animalChicken. BTW. if your map already had static spawns they will be deleted (in step 23).

I am not quite sure if this instruction is complete and entirely correct, so feedback is welcome.

Uhh and patchnotes will be ready soon. 😁

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

...definitely need a video demo of this...

Yeah but not sure if it's worth the effort. It's still WIP and there are about two or three potential users.^^ Uhh and my instructions should already explain everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog 0.86(b), 0.87, 0.88

* fixed bug in sleeper generator
* auto repeat mode for export expand buttons
* improved import/export box (y-offset/underground is represented by brown color)
* yOffset for export function
* added way to handle multiply game versions more efficiently (see 'set game directory...' dialog)
* slightly faster nitrogen list creator and better indication of when process is finish
* new console command 'restart' - restarts the editor
* new console command 'adjustLight' - Changes light densities POI-wide
* added A18 - A19 converter (see subfolder 'converter' in main directory of the editor). The following instructions apply analogously (use the AAA_A18_TO_A19_CONVERSION_HELPER instead of AAA_A17_TO_A18_CONVERSION_HELPER):

A17 to A18 conversion

The lights of old A18 POIs need to be adjusted. They will be too bright if you load an A18 POI into A19. So I recommend to adjust the densities using the console command (see system tab) 'adjustLight 0.33' (without the ' '). This will change the intensities of all POIs in the specified directory.

Unfortunately, the autoupdater is not working ATM. So you have to download the whole program if you want to have the most recent version:

Download v0.88

12 minutes ago, cammel said:

In the A17 to A18 Conversion guide

The Installing-Modlet-Step-by-Step (By TopMinder) link no longer works.

I'll try to fix this later. BTW. most POIs will work even without performing the conversion process. There are only 5 blocks that have been removed or renamed:
treasureChest

cntBuriedStashChest

cntBackpackDropped

toiletBlockVariantHelper

woodFurnitureBlockVariantHelper

If you load your POIs into the ingame editor and and don't get an error message, everything should be fine.

9 minutes ago, cammel said:

This conversion mod goes into the actual game mods folder or somewhere else?

Yes, into the Mods folder of the game. The editor can't replace nonexisting blocks. Therefore the removed blocks have to be added back temporarily using the AAA_A18_TO_A19_CONVERSION_HELPER modlet.