Crater Creator

ComSenMod (now for A18)

1 hour ago, MyWind_MyGame said:

Those videos didn't work. Do you think you could linked them instead of embering the video?

But... embering isn't a bug.  Embering is an important feature of ComSenMod! 😜

I kid.  Thanks for alerting me about it.  It's weird, because they definitely worked when I posted them.

I'll be honest: all I did at the time was go to twitch.tv and search for "ComSenMod".  Now that I've already made the post, I can't recover the pre-formatted source with the original link.  This is a downside of the new forum, which I've written about elsewhere.  I was able to find the Japanese one again, so I edited in the non-embedded link.  But I can't find the German one now.  Perhaps Twitch videos are routinely deleted after a month or something like that?

1 hour ago, Crater Creator said:

But... embering isn't a bug.  Embering is an important feature of ComSenMod! 😜

I kid.  Thanks for alerting me about it.  It's weird, because they definitely worked when I posted them.

I'll be honest: all I did at the time was go to twitch.tv and search for "ComSenMod".  Now that I've already made the post, I can't recover the pre-formatted source with the original link.  This is a downside of the new forum, which I've written about elsewhere.  I was able to find the Japanese one again, so I edited in the non-embedded link.  But I can't find the German one now.  Perhaps Twitch videos are routinely deleted after a month or something like that?

That's okay. Thanks for trying. I search on twitch too but I can't find the Japanese one that you talked about and the German one won't play for some odd reason. I would probably had to try again later. 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, MyWind_MyGame said:

That's okay. Thanks for trying. I search on twitch too but I can't find the Japanese one that you talked about and the German one won't play for some odd reason. I would probably had to try again later. 

I got the Japanese one.  I edited my post, because I didn't want to double post it.  But here's that link again:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/623699866

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

On 6/6/2020 at 2:32 PM, Crater Creator said:

I would need to see the log file with the errors.  But in general, if ComSenMod and another mod aren't playing nice with each other (and this is relevant to your question too, @CheekiBreeki), loot.xml is the most likely conflict.  ComSenMod makes so many changes to loot, it effectively has to overwrite the original file.  So Farm Life could be built on certain assumptions about what's in the loot.xml file that aren't true with ComSenMod.

However, ComSenMod is a 'clean' mod that does everything possible with xpath syntax.  That means you just take ComSenMod out of your mods folder, and restore your localization.txt file, and ComSenMod should be safely uninstalled no matter what else you are or aren't using.

Sorry for the mega-late reply x__x

After a bit of testing, it seems that something in the existing file was causing issues, as new saves booted up just fine. Dunno what was up with it, but I'll likely be moving to A19 test branch, so mods are off the table for a while until things update.

Thank you for your patience!

9 minutes ago, Ihmislehma said:

Sorry for the mega-late reply x__x

After a bit of testing, it seems that something in the existing file was causing issues, as new saves booted up just fine. Dunno what was up with it, but I'll likely be moving to A19 test branch, so mods are off the table for a while until things update.

Thank you for your patience!

No problem.  I'm just glad I didn't come here to find "hey where's ComSenMod for A19" already. 😂

9 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

No problem.  I'm just glad I didn't come here to find "hey where's ComSenMod for A19" already. 😂

Pff nah man, I realize these things take time :D Especially for a mod like this that does a lot of small balance adjustments. It takes a while to explore what vanilla has to offer, and what feels like it needs to be fixed, after all.

• Like 1