[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Suggestions for biomes that have iron ore above the hardStone line?

So places to get iron before you have Nitroglycerin or Steel Tools. So until around player level 75.

This is exctly my thinking! I found a few pine forests near my base, but they are small, and im digging with stone axe, i guess ill wait till i get some scrap iron. Im lvl 10

just figured out that the anvil is a place-able object now! Finally, ive been thinking it should be for long time

I'm new to installing mods on 7DTD, how would I install this mod (what I should replace, etc). Currently I put the mods folder in the normal 7DTD folder (I use steam) and then go into 7DaysToDie_data>manage and then put the stuff that's in the 7DaysToDie_data (the one that's in the folder I downloaded for the mod) then I go into data and replace the prefabs folder that's in there, with the one that's in the folder I downloaded, then I go into config and replace all the files that are in there

with the ones that are in the config folder that's in the folder I downloaded, then I do the same with the XUi folder. When I do this when I launch 7DTD it just gives me a black screen, doesn't even give The Fun Pimps' logo. If someone could explain where I went wrong and/or what I need to do to install it (like the way I described what I did). Thanks in advance

Hub caps should be added to cars, as a harvest. If not already, the drop rate is really low if it is. You'd think you could get 3-4 caps per car

What are SunFlowers for?

Hammerhead takes 4 seconds to forge, seems low.

Can get the forge unlocked at player lvl 10, forged iron unlocked at player lvl 25?

Forge has no visual slot icon for anvil, i thought the forge didnt need an anvil, so i crafter the anvil station.

Hub caps should be added to cars, as a harvest. If not already, the drop rate is really low if it is. You'd think you could get 3-4 caps per car

What are SunFlowers for?

Hammerhead takes 4 seconds to forge, seems low.

Can get the forge unlocked at player lvl 10, forged iron unlocked at player lvl 25?

Forge has no visual slot icon for anvil, i thought the forge didnt need an anvil, so i crafter the anvil station.

Dry sunflower seeds in a drying rack. Yummy treat.

Put anvil in unmarked "first" slot

I tried construction worker. The wrench rulz all. The starter wrench destroys cars in seconds and levels journeyman crafting ahead of primitive. By some lucky bug I was able to craft an anvil in a forge I found and with all that metal got a tomahawk, hunting knife, etc all by L7. Seems fixed now though.

On our official server everyone says: "I wish I had taken a farmer profession" :) So any new player joining, consider starting as a farmer. You gonna be a most valuable player here, and maybe you gonna enjoy a diplomatic immunity :)

I don't know...deer still die by a single headshot even with a stone arrow at under L5. Once you have a grill, food is no issue.

Suggest when things slow down you take a pass at cleaning up the description of spelling errors (Anvile) and lovely's like these:

<perk name="Metal Draw Bridge" icon="lightbulb" description_key="Learn to craft more a Draw Bridge on the metal work bench Bench using a wrench"

<perk name="Large Lift" icon="lightbulb" description_key="Learn to craft more a Draw Bridge on the metal work bench Bench"

I think you have a winner with this version of the mod. Early game play is exciting but not overly difficult once you find and clear a POI. Without being able to craft blocks, make ladders, or dig down on day 1, I think its safe to say surviving outside a POI on night 1 is very unlikely. At least I have not achieved that feat yet. Definitely changes the starting game strategy.

Early game play is exciting but not overly difficult once you find and clear a POI. Without being able to craft blocks, make ladders, or dig down on day 1, I think its safe to say surviving outside a POI on night 1 is very unlikely. At least I have not achieved that feat yet. Definitely changes the starting game strategy.

When I'm outside at night, I can craft 8 hay bales and make 4 walls (2 high) around me. Should store away everything that smells. Easy even on day 1. Works for me every time. Doesn't work on horde nights obviously.

Suggestions for biomes that have iron ore above the hardStone line?

So places to get iron before you have Nitroglycerin or Steel Tools. So until around player level 75.

Wasteland - Difficult area, has a decent amount of iron anyways above ground from scrapPiles, why not more? Balances out with the fact that underground is radiated ground, largely.

Pine Forest - Should have very small chance of some deposits right above the hard stone.

Plains - Also should have a small chance of some deposits.

Water - There should be a small chance of all ores, here. Alluvial deposits of ore are a real thing. Silver and Gold for sure, Iron maybe, but probably not Diamonds near the surface.

If there were a rainforest/jungle biome, I would recommend adding a great chance there due to the real world's largest deposits of Iron all being in either Brasil or the Congo...

Also, maybe further increasing the amount of iron and steel dropped from scrapMetalPile and scrapSteelPile would be a good idea. As is, they drop 25 Scrap Iron, and that's really not a lot on this mod... hardly enough to make enough nails for two wood frames!

Wasteland - Difficult area, has a decent amount of iron anyways above ground from scrapPiles, why not more? Balances out with the fact that underground is radiated ground, largely.

Pine Forest - Should have very small chance of some deposits right above the hard stone.

Plains - Also should have a small chance of some deposits.

Water - There should be a small chance of all ores, here. Alluvial deposits of ore are a real thing. Silver and Gold for sure, Iron maybe, but probably not Diamonds near the surface.

If there were a rainforest/jungle biome, I would recommend adding a great chance there due to the real world's largest deposits of Iron all being in either Brasil or the Congo...

Also, maybe further increasing the amount of iron and steel dropped from scrapMetalPile and scrapSteelPile would be a good idea. As is, they drop 25 Scrap Iron, and that's really not a lot on this mod... hardly enough to make enough nails for two wood frames!

2nd this

When I'm outside at night, I can craft 8 hay bales and make 4 walls (2 high) around me. Should store away everything that smells. Easy even on day 1. Works for me every time. Doesn't work on horde nights obviously.

Hay bales...never used them but sounds like a great idea... Thanks!

Mod Update

Player and Server Files updated-

Lowered hydration loss from doctors Painkiller Shot.

More work on descriptions

Fixed posted spelling errors

Changed Steel Spikes to require player lv 75

Changed Anvil to require player lv 5

Lowered Farmer Perk cost to 40 points

Changed Power Lines to a open recipe anyone can make on a Wood Working Bench so you can use found and built Generators

Fixed Tomahawks Degradation

Iron Ore can be found above the HardStone in the Plains Wasteland and in the Central Wastelands

Increased Iron and Steel Piles to drop 50 scrap of their material

Added 4 Hub Caps to last stage of a broken car when harvested with a wrench

Fixed Radiation Spiders loot

Fixed Treasure Hunting Perk reduced radius on all levels

Fixed Anvil icon in Tool Slots

@Spider

First, thanks for the fixes.

Was the degradation of the tomahawk increased or decreased?

Also why does the tomahawk not have a recipe it's locked behind.

It is a powerful weapon and 'im starting to not fear meeeing Zeds anymore.

I've already bumped the difficulty to warrior and am going to increase it again (something I thought I'd never do in the TS game).

@ Erik Louden-

-I decreased durability of the Tomahawk

-Good point, I changed it to Journeyman Crafting and Increased its crafting cost.

-What should the Tomahawk Perk be locked by? Player Level? Journeyman Crafting?

@Jay_ombie-

Wind? Do you mean the sound? Or are you talking about the trees and grass moving? The plant movement has nothing to do with wind, that's just the way that blocks animation is, no changing it. You have video setting to fix that stuff

@Ozzland-

-Not getting all the effects from consuming things in a workstation is a vanilla bug. Same for not getting buffs eating from you bag. To guarantee you receive all benefits from consumables use them in hand.

-Can not reproduce followers not leaving lootable gore block. More info needed

-Good Night Bat has icon if you do not see it please refresh your mod files and let em know if that fixes it.

-Cars have their current HP so that wrenching them does not take game hours

@wolverine-

-Craft times relate to their complexity and the amount of xp you receive from them. Hammer head is a small simple item that you get 5xp for so it takes 5 seconds. "Usually" you receive 1xp per second on a crafted item. There are exceptions to that though.

-Player gets forge at 10 because there any many other things you can make in the forge before you learn Forged Iron. The player can use the -Forge very early like player level 5 or lower. This makes finding a POI with a forge helpful before you can make one.

@xyth-

-There is no "Quest_Basicsurvial26_Desc" in the file could you check that info for me

- You can make things in a forge before you can make a forge

NPC's not attacking Spiders, Baby Zombies and Crawling Zombies-

TFP made their AI not aim down. Its is their design choice not mine. Petition them to change it not me.

Archived