What are you listening to?

DUST2DEATH

Im, uh, sorry....

Let me make it up to you Fox, have some Devin

lol, I'm not the moderator... anymore... just a head's up, that's all. ;)

And of course, that playlist doesn't work in my country... gotta love those country limitations, "eh"?

lol, I'm not the moderator... anymore... just a head's up, that's all. ;)

And of course, that playlist doesn't work in my country... gotta love those country limitations, "eh"?

There is a radio friendly version, but it would have defeated the purpose of the response :(

Maybe this one will work for you

- - - Updated - - -

Man these youngins don't know your og history... :)

you have a hotrod to build.

Just discovered these guys... so now I'm listening to all their stuff.

Love this video. I discovered them around the same time I did the Harp Twins.

Been trying to get The Harp Twins, 2 Cellos and Classical Reflection all do a song together. It would be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Created a new channel on Pandora, and discovered a cool song by Whitechapel.

Also, I ended up being reminded of this song (since I was using Chelsea Grin as part of the seed). Not super new to me, I just love this song.

I remember when these guys were local, they're from Salt Lake City, Utah (yes, land of sissy booze and religious people). If you know anything about Utah, don't ask me how, I'm from there and I couldn't tell you. Well, other than we do have a death metal scene, but that just leads to more questions :beguiled:

Too bad I didn't listen to death metal back then, I could've been a hardcore hipster about it :p

Edit : Oh yeah, language, for those virgin ears.

I was born with a Musical instrument in my hands :)

But i like this electronic music thing......

Being a active musician myself i love to create so i spent money on nice DJ system and i hooked it up to my PC........

When i was traveling abroad in the service i carried a guitar alot

i can throw hell of a party.......

Deadmau5 is nice to listen too.

Don't mind most Dubstep.

(dubstep was created in 1991)

Herbie hancock is the Electronic master before his time

It wasn't skrillex.

Music without words is my forte

I love a lot of the Electronic genres, but I don't like Skrillex...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9EM8T5K6d8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyC28ffPjQ

My playlist feels like it's endless (or at least 233 of my favorites in one Youtube playlist, so it doesn't include full albums, or what I have on my computer), even though I mainly listen to Folk music. :p

I love Dubstep and a lot of the EDM related styles, but I don't like Skrillex...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9EM8T5K6d8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyC28ffPjQ

My playlist feels like it's endless (or at least 233 of my favorites in one Youtube playlist, so it doesn't include full albums, or what I have on my computer), even though I mainly listen to Folk music. :p

I see you have some Excision, Skism, and Savant in that list. Right on :thumb:

Have you listened to Savant's Ism? It's a really good album, the song by the same name is really good too (actually, it's what got me into Savant). I'm pretty new to Savant though, I discovered him on Pandora about a week or two ago.

I also ran into some artist called Nostalgia. I recently bought the Corruption EP as well as The Hero and Serious Coin singles. I'm having a hard time tracking his stuff down, I can't find a solid discography, and there's another artist with the same name. Play Me Record's Youtube channel is a mess, if it's even official, so it's difficult. Maybe my Google skills are lacking.

This has to be my favorite one of the 6 songs I got

I got a few Monstercat albums as well. I got 010 Conquest, 017 Ascension, and 020 Altitude. It's hit and miss, given it's various artists it was kind of a gamble. But they weren't expensive, and you get a lot of music.

On the metal side of things, I bought Whitechapel's Our Endless War (I think I posted a song from that one in an earlier post). I also bought Within the Ruins' Elite, and Invade albums.

I haven't thoroughly listened to all of that yet, but I really like this one

Within the Ruins - Roads

What I like about Within the Ruins is that they do a few instrumentals, which is nice, there aren't enough metal instrumentals out there IMO.

I see you have some Excision, Skism, and Savant in that list. Right on :thumb:

Have you listened to Savant's Ism? It's a really good album, the song by the same name is really good too (actually, it's what got me into Savant). I'm pretty new to Savant though, I discovered him on Pandora about a week or two ago.

I also ran into some artist called Nostalgia. I recently bought the Corruption EP as well as The Hero and Serious Coin singles. I'm having a hard time tracking his stuff down, I can't find a solid discography, and there's another artist with the same name. Play Me Record's Youtube channel is a mess, if it's even official, so it's difficult. Maybe my Google skills are lacking.

This has to be my favorite one of the 6 songs I got

I got a few Monstercat albums as well. I got 010 Conquest, 017 Ascension, and 020 Altitude. It's hit and miss, given it's various artists it was kind of a gamble. But they weren't expensive, and you get a lot of music.

I have a little bit of everything, to the point where I don't even pay attention to which band made what anymore. I listen to 3 new dubstep related music on a daily basis (I'm subscribed to a few channels that upload daily). First time I heard of "Nostalgia - Now Listen" though... it's pretty good, I added it to my playlist. As for the rest, I'll have to look into it more when I have more time.

Excision and Downlink has the only decent "dubstep" imo, and Reploid is my fave.

You must not listen to much dubstep then cuz there's hundreds of dubstep bands out there... some of them are really good. Of course, I can't name them cuz I stopped paying attention to band names long ago, but I know I have a lot of them in my playlist.

Excision and Downlink has the only decent "dubstep" imo, and Reploid is my fave.

I used to only like a couple "dubstep" songs too. A couple songs by Skrillex and Nero was pretty much all I knew.

Gradually I learned more and more about the styles of EDM that I enjoy based off of the handful of things I knew I liked, and I've found quite a few good artists. There's a lot of variety out there, and probably a lot of stuff that's similar to what you enjoy, as well as things you might enjoy but don't know about.

I use Pandora to discover songs and artists based off of what I do like, it's been very useful, though making a good channel can take some work. It starts with broad strokes it seems, sometimes you have to thumbs up and thumbs down a bit to narrow things down. If you listen to a channel a lot and continue to rate, it evolves. Eventually you'll get to the point where it plays mostly good music, and rarely plays anything too bad.

I also highly recommend using artists and songs for the seed (you can use multiple artists too). I've used genres before, but those channels can be very broad.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I've been listening to Muse, and I started a Pandora channel for it. It plays a lot of stuff like Beck, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, and Gorrilaz.

I haven't really listened to much rock music in a long time.

gojira :monkey:

I recognize the name, but haven't heard much of their music. I had to look up a couple songs out of curiosity.

Archived