Backup, archive, and clean your seeds!

Sophung

I was thinking about it and reviewing your details quite a bit and I have an idea what it is.

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html <- I'm not giving you homework but I suspect your server's firewall is blocking the data port because you can initiate communication with the server but can't transfer files. (based on being able to create the archive folders but getting 0kb in players.xml).

*note that port 21 is the command port. In passive mode a different port is negotiated for data. In active mode, the data port is predefined as 20.

For most dedicated hosts, barc needs to run in Passive Mode, for you, it sounds like you need either Active Mode, or firewall changes, or ftp setup changes.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/ynF5DyAQ9blzi2cps5EYoFGQZTasgt6hSKoD85y33Ut?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Please visit my amazon drive and download the file called "7D2D BARC (FTP) Beta 20180825.1.exe" The only change between this version and previous is I changed the FTP mode to Active for you.

Please keep using the file paths I gave you above as those are correct based on what you've given me so far.

Let me know if this works? I could easily enough make that as an option in the settings tab.

When running statistics, it gives the error "Unable to get serveradmin.xml. Code: -1". However, when I run Backup Misc I do not get any error, and the data is backed up locally exactly as I expect.

Tested all of the backup features, and had zero issues. All seemed to work as advertised. Have not tested the Clean functions yet since the server is currently running with people on it.

Yeah please don't test those until we sort out your server admin issue. Is your serveradmin file getting backed up?

Edit: and it's only giving that on statistics?? weird. I'll check the code

Edit2: oh I see the problem. please wait until I post a fix for you

Please try "7D2D BARC (FTP) Beta 20180828.1.exe" from https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/ynF5DyAQ9blzi2cps5EYoFGQZTasgt6hSKoD85y33Ut?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

The admin file's pathing was hard coded rather than relying on where you set that file to be. I'm amazed you're the first to report this :/

Edit: actually, you're not, I think you just helped me fix the alkad server issue.. tho I won't be able to verify that.

I’m so glad you’re all fixed up and found it useful! That feature was vital for backups over the internet, didn’t want people using their data caps on empty regions.

Thanks for your help finding those issues :) sorry they were so frustrating.

Oh it's no trouble at all. I've opened one of my server up publicly now so I can get all the bugs out before I start working on a17 bugs with a public server :)

I've been tossing a lot of different stuff at it, and your tool seemed like the best overall for what I wanted to do. I just always seem to have an a-typical configuration that breaks things even though I'm streamlining most of it. :p

I think a lot of people use it with server hosts and Windows, and not very many are self-hosting a dedi on Linux the way I do. (Which I've never understood since Linux is WAY better for hosting.)

It wasn't frustrating for me at all. I like running into problems and finding ways to work around them. I'm strange like that.

• 2 months later...

Was working fine until today. Now when I try to open the 7D2D BARC file even using 'Run in Admin' Mode I get this error. I tested on my laptop and it is doing the exact same thing now also.

1372116948_BARCError.jpg.9633262b521391d7eddd023b67d4eee1.jpg

Any ideas?

***Just an update I tried running the "7D2D BARC (FTP) Beta 20180828.1.exe" and that one starts up fine for me and just tells me the version is unverified yada yada. I can enter my server info and it all goes green like it is working but under bulk tools when I click statistics it says "Unable to get serveradmin.xml. Code: -1"

• 1 month later...

It does work on A17 and I do still support it. I just verified you do have the latest build, the publishing site has the wrong number. I'm fixing it on that site and you won't need to download anything.

Thx for pointing that out.

@Puschpa, sent you an IM with the correct path you need.

• 2 weeks later...

FTP version 20190118.2 is getting a final test before it's published. You can expect it to be live sometime tomorrow morning (1/19).

This version fixes a known incompatibility with some hosts such as Alkad, GTXGaming and certain home-hosted linux servers.

Progress is still being made on the new overhaul, I don't yet have a time frame but it's not forgotten.

Thx all!

• 5 months later...

Archived