Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

So can some one help me with getting the bc-protect command working. not sure how to use it to protect my admin building

Use the make shift diagram below

protectHelp.jpg.33a0084ba9d9c4ba741cc829fc1ae425.jpg

Note the Positions of either A, D or B, C.

For example I am using the coords of locations A,D: 1776 (x), 9 (z), 2115 (y) and 1738 (x2), 9 (z2), 2157 (y2);

We only need (x) (y) (x2) (y2).

To Protect: in console type: protect 1776 2115 1738 2157 true

To Disable: protection in console type: protect 1776 2115 1738 2157 false

in protect help it states:

true = protect/ enable;

false= disable protection;

show= count blocks protected

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have the "regen" command?

Before there was a command that was "dj-regen" and regenerated a small area of the map without the need to restart the server (and only regenerated a zone, not the region)

Sorry for my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible to have the "regen" command?

Before there was a command that was "dj-regen" and regenerated a small area of the map without the need to restart the server (and only regenerated a zone, not the region)

Sorry for my bad english.

There is one called bc-regen but it is not nearly as easy to use as DJ's was and sometime it doesn't even work.

Hi there,

first I'd like to thanks for this great work and your wonderful and easy-to-use mod/tool.

Since the 17.3 Update yesterday evening I have problems importing prefabs with "bc-import". On second call some of the tiles are "falling around". Also "bc-undo" doesn't work afterwards.

Is there a dependency? Can somebody approve that problem?

That's what I get in Console:

2019-05-15 19:58:26 902.390	INF (BCM)Spawning prefab farm_flowrian @ -1244, 59, 569, size=24, 2, 23, rot=0
2019-05-15 19:58:26 902.264	INF Executing command 'bc-import farm_flowrian' from client 76561197971300463
2019-05-15 19:58:26 902.394	INF (BCM) Error in BCImport.Execute: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'NetPackageChunk..ctor'.
2019-05-15 19:58:26 	  at BCM.Commands.BCImport.InsertPrefab (.World world, .Prefab prefab, Vector3i pos, Int32 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2019-05-15 19:58:26 	  at BCM.Commands.BCImport.Process () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2019-05-15 19:58:26 	  at BCM.Commands.BCCommandAbstract.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2019-05-15 19:58:56 932.204	INF Executing command 'bc-undo' from client 76561197971300463
2019-05-15 19:58:56 932.238	INF (BCM) Error in BCUndo.Execute: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'NetPackageChunk..ctor'.
2019-05-15 19:58:56 	  at BCM.Commands.BCImport.InsertPrefab (.World world, .Prefab prefab, Vector3i pos, Int32 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2019-05-15 19:58:56 	  at BCM.Commands.BCUndo.UndoSetBlocks (.EntityPlayer sender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2019-05-15 19:58:56 	  at BCM.Commands.BCUndo.Process () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2019-05-15 19:58:56 	  at BCM.Commands.BCCommandAbstract.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

PeterParanoia

I'm new to hosting a server and using RAT, BCM and Alloc's Server fixes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?!

Edited by PeterParanoia (see edit history)

Version 3.8.0 for a17.3

Fixed the chunk reloader. TFP removed the buffer param from the NetPackageChunk and that was breaking any command that used it (import, protect, etc)

Some recent changes have been held back from this update as the undo system is being revamped and isn't finished yet.

block2 fill seems to not work in this update from some limited testing. The original block fill still works as before.

Added:

block2 looterscan - scans the area and reports containers that are currently being accessed

block2 open/block2 close - open or close doors

block2 lighton/block2 lightoff - turn static lights on or off

block2 sortitems - sort the contents of a loot container (same sort as clicking the option in UI)

Changed:

bc-give - no longer adds mods by default. use bc-give /mods to have the item generate with some random mods attached.

Also changed the max quality to use Constants.cItemMaxQuality. This will allow mods that increase the max quality to edit this constant and have the give items work with their new max

• 2 weeks later...

You're basically drawing a cube, starting from X.

Y is how high.

So, stand in the lower left corner of where you want to save, that's your X.

Go to the upper right corner of where you want to save, fly up, and that's where you "end". It draws a cube that way.

say ok so I am finally opening another server and this is the first time since A17 has come out. I see that I can still use SE playerID entityID will spawn in a trader like usual and they will be facing north. I used to however use a command telee playerID entityID direction the direction would be 0 for North and 1,2,3 for the other 3 main directions to turn the trader to face the way I wanted them to face. But now telee is not working seems not to even be a command now. I can use move playerID entityID to move the entity to where I am located but they face north I even tried adding a number behind the command ex. 0, 1, 2 or 3 but they still face north. Please I need to know how to rotate the trader after I spawn them in. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You.

- - - Updated - - -

also read a little of what you were talking about. So the UNDO command is not working? if I were to spawn in a prefab I can not undo it? also ho do you fblock now? is that still a thing? it used to be at one time pblock air 20 20 20 to clear a area in a 20x20 block 20 blocks high. And is it brender prefabname direction 0-3 to render in a prefab? sorry lots of questions here I am a bit rusty.

I feel dumb for not getting this.

I'm trying to protect my spawn area, and I saw the diagram, but I don't understand which numbers to put for x, y, x2, and y2 when I do the loc command.

When using loc command console prints on the second line, as an example:

The first 4 numbers are the X (1234) , the last 4 are the Y (7890). Disregard any decimals it may print.

The middle is not used for protect command as it refers to something esle.

I feel dumb for not getting this.

I'm trying to protect my spawn area, and I saw the diagram, but I don't understand which numbers to put for x, y, x2, and y2 when I do the loc command.

loc command gives x y z

x is east/west

y is the height

z is north/south

for protect you want the x and z from loc since the height is not required (it protects the entire height)

say ok so I am finally opening another server and this is the first time since A17 has come out. I see that I can still use SE playerID entityID will spawn in a trader like usual and they will be facing north. I used to however use a command telee playerID entityID direction the direction would be 0 for North and 1,2,3 for the other 3 main directions to turn the trader to face the way I wanted them to face. But now telee is not working seems not to even be a command now. I can use move playerID entityID to move the entity to where I am located but they face north I even tried adding a number behind the command ex. 0, 1, 2 or 3 but they still face north. Please I need to know how to rotate the trader after I spawn them in. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You.

- - - Updated - - -

also read a little of what you were talking about. So the UNDO command is not working? if I were to spawn in a prefab I can not undo it? also ho do you fblock now? is that still a thing? it used to be at one time pblock air 20 20 20 to clear a area in a 20x20 block 20 blocks high. And is it brender prefabname direction 0-3 to render in a prefab? sorry lots of questions here I am a bit rusty.

I dont have support for rotation on my entity commands. I had tested it one time a few alphas ago and it didnt want to work so I gave up on trying it. I'll have another look at it when I update for a18.

the fblock and prender stuff is from coppis

my prefab command is 'import' and the block fill command is just 'block'

the undo isn't currently enabled on my new version of the block command 'block2', but should still work for the import and original block command.

Check the ingame help for how to use them, as there are a lot of options for them. Spawning a prefab without sleepers isnt working atm.

I havent enjoyed a17 and pretty much havent played the game since January. Hopefully a18 brings a more enjoyable experience and motivates me to add more features to bcm (and fix the issues). I'm mostly looking forward to when the game is finished as it is tiring having things changed constantly and needed to fix stuff that was working previously.

Hi,

I'm totally new to your mod, don't have a clue how to use it yet, but I'm interested in learning exactly how to use this feature without messing up our server;

bc-protect, protect => (BCM) Protect - Add or remove trader protection to an area.

Could you please explain the process in a way that I hopefully comprehend? Like let's start with installation.

Where do the modinfo.xml and the .dll file go? I'm used to modlets, sorry.

Edited by Zagan (see edit history)
I havent enjoyed a17 and pretty much havent played the game since January. Hopefully a18 brings a more enjoyable experience and motivates me to add more features to bcm (and fix the issues). I'm mostly looking forward to when the game is finished as it is tiring having things changed constantly and needed to fix stuff that was working previously.

you might want to try a17.4. a lot of the bad stuff has been fixed there and the game is quite fun again

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to rotate a prefab with BCM? I tried the command from the help menu that seemed to say this;

bc-prefab setprop <Prefab Name> <Property> <Value>

So I put in the values like this because that is my prefab name and the property I'm trying to change is the rotation and I want it to face west.

bc-prefab setprop AAA_Ranger_Station Rotation 3

However it doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Hello StompyNZ,

I love what you have been doing with your Mod :) I do have a question which I am unable to figure out though.

How do you fill in a area with a certain type block? Like if I wanted to flatten out a area using the air block lets say I wanted a area that was 10 blocks wide and 20 blocks long and a height of 15 blocks high. What would be the command to do that with air so I would be able to flatten a area of land and or cut into a hillside?

Thank You for your help and I really do appreciate all that your doing for us....

SeabeeMan

I've been trying to figure out the block command for ages now myself, I'd like to know as well :) Could anyone post some examples on how to use it?

don't even understand the example given ^^ Any of the examples really. The /options are so confusing to me. I don't think i've been able to use any of the more advanced features of this mod. How does loc work for example.

If anyone has some time to give some examples for standard workflow, i'd be very grateful ^^

Edited by ecv (see edit history)
Hello StompyNZ,

I love what you have been doing with your Mod :) I do have a question which I am unable to figure out though.

How do you fill in a area with a certain type block? Like if I wanted to flatten out a area using the air block lets say I wanted a area that was 10 blocks wide and 20 blocks long and a height of 15 blocks high. What would be the command to do that with air so I would be able to flatten a area of land and or cut into a hillside?

Thank You for your help and I really do appreciate all that your doing for us....

SeabeeMan

I've been trying to figure out the block command for ages now myself, I'd like to know as well :) Could anyone post some examples on how to use it?

don't even understand the example given ^^ Any of the examples really. The /options are so confusing to me. I don't think i've been able to use any of the more advanced features of this mod. How does loc work for example.

If anyone has some time to give some examples for standard workflow, i'd be very grateful ^^

similar to protect command where you will need the loc for 2 diagonal corners of the area you want to change example air. however this command needs the "Y" coords which correlates to "height from bedrock".

example on my server I used:

bc-block fill 2412 0 -7119 2330 75 -7035 air

it filled the entire area and the entire height (75 blocks) from bedrock with air. it did remove all prefabs in the predetermined area.

Edited by freakii (see edit history)
  • xyth locked this topic