Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

StompyNZ

Question can BC be used to spawn in POIs onto a server map? if so can you tell me the command? For example i am looking for a way to spawn hospitals in.

bc-import prefabname

example : bc-import hospitalprefab

If you ♥♥♥♥ up you can always use bc-undo to undo the previous import/action.

Also NOTE THAT THE IMPORT AND UNDO MAY GLITCH DEPENDING ON THE PREFAB (IF IT HAS CUSTOM BLOCKS IT WILL GLITCH)

He actually said "I will aim to get the next update out before Wednesday night", which is in no way definitive ^^

Anyhow, what do you need the update for? Anything not working? Do you need assistance? I don't remember seeing a question or anything recently :)

Or is it a "I want an update, I don't care what it's for" kind of thing?

Sorry I've been MIA recently

Life has that way of taking over from your hobbies :p

I have completed my deck and it's looking great, the house is ready to paint and new flooring and kitchen will be going in soon.

Oh, and I'll have an update when 17.2 drops, regardless of the state the mod is in.

I've been working on some updates to the world editing commands but still needs more to get it finished. The config command is mostly done, just needs a few bits tidied up but can be used in it's current state and the new event system is working.

Events will be separate from the core bcm dll and can be added or removed to suit what you need.

I'm still pretty limited on pc time atm, most nights I don't get to jump online till after 10 pm, but gotta make the most of summer and get some renovations done while I can.

A17.2 is out buddy :)

Update will be tomorrow. Spent most of today working on the code but still need to fix a couple of issues from the overhaul ive been working on.

There is one change to a variable name that affects the import function so current build wont work on 17.2e

Updated to 3.6.0 for 17.2e

NOTE: Only compatible with 17.2e... A variable name change the core game means it will not run on 17.1

I didnt get everything I wanted to finished but rather than delay further I will put this out there for public testing.

There have been a lot of changes to the config system and numerous commands

This is still a work in progress and as such there will be some bugs to resolve with the new commands and some older ones.

Commands:

bc-config - Allows you to manage the command aliases, default options, and events system settings. (Events will be released as a separate mod dll.)

bc-block2 - A combined command for both block and tile command actions (will eventually replace both bc-block and bc-tile). This command is created as a template for the world editing commands but is still in development so not all features are working yet. The undo is not yet hooked up for this so use it in a test area first. Also the player location bit is broken atm so chunk or block co-ords are required.

bc-remove - Changed the /minibike option to /vehicle and changed the type filter to a parent of all vehicles so that /all does not remove any of the drivable vehicle types.

AI Events System:

A new system created to allow for the development of events independent of the bcm core mod. Event dlls are processed and dynamically added to the system, with configuration done via the bc-config command. More details and some core/example mods will follow later.

Persistent Data:

The persistent data is now split into server data and save data. The server data contains config that will carry over to new savegames on the same server such as command alias config, player name colors etc.

The server data is stored in a folder in the root of the save folder. save data is stored in the previous location inside the save game world folder.

I'm trying a new system for chunk refreshing, and noticed an issue if the area fell on a chunk border so will need some adjusting. It should reduce the flicker and falling into the void issues the old system could cause on servers with higher latency.

There is still a lot to be done, and minimal testing in game so please let me know what is broken.

*** Command: bc-config ***

(BCM) Config - Provides tool for the configuration of BCM commands and events

Aliases: bc-config

Default Options: None

Usage:

1. bc-config command <command-alias> <action> <vars>

2. bc-config option <command-alias> <action> <vars>

3. bc-config resetall

Notes:

1. List command aliases or add/remove aliases.

actions:

list - displays the aliases for a command

add - adds a new alias to a command

remove - removes an alias from a command

reset - resets a command to the default aliases

e.g. bc-config alias bc-config add configure

2. List command default options or add/remove default options.

actions:

list - displays the current default options for a command

add - adds a new default option to a command

remove - removes a default option from a command

reset - resets a commands default options

3. Reset all commands to the default command aliases and default options

The above is the help for bc-config.

There will also be bc-config events once I add the core event dll to the downloads.

For the command aliases to be updated the server needs to be rebooted. I didnt want to use hackery to update them while the server is running :) default options don't require a reboot.

The default options can allow you to add and /option to the commands that are always added unless an override it provided. e.g. /pp for print pretty but can be overridden with /1l for single line output on any instance of a command.

A few commands have some base default options, such as the bc-gs alias for bc-lp that adds /n for player names to be listed along with the gamestage value. 'bc-config option bc-gs list' will show these initial options and can be removed etc.

He actually said "I will aim to get the next update out before Wednesday night", which is in no way definitive ^^

Anyhow, what do you need the update for? Anything not working? Do you need assistance? I don't remember seeing a question or anything recently :)

Or is it a "I want an update, I don't care what it's for" kind of thing?

Not that it is your business but I sent him a message in discord with a couple ideas and was hoping for an update with a possibility of seeing them. Sorry I didn't let you know, I didn't realize you were his keeper.

***Edit aaaand this right here was one of the items I was talking about... Sweet, thanks Stompy that is awesome now when I forget to save the file I won't have to readd all the donor colors manually....Lol

Persistent Data:

The persistent data is now split into server data and save data. The server data contains config that will carry over to new savegames on the same server such as command alias config, player name colors etc.

The server data is stored in a folder in the root of the save folder. save data is stored in the previous location inside the save game world folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

got since 17.2 some stupid errors from BCM

(BCM) Error in StateManager.GameStartDone: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/West Yajitu Territory" is denied.

All rights are given and owner are the server user sdtd

I real don't know what problems he got to write there.

greets Mira

More Error Log

2019-02-25T12:46:55 0.637 ERR GetString: InvalidCastException PartySharedKillRange

2019-02-25T12:46:55 0.640 ERR (BCM) Error in PersistentContainer..cctor while creating save directory folders: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/BCMDataV3.6.0/" is denied.

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BCM.PersistentData.BCMPersist..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-02-25T12:46:55 0.640 INF (BCM) Loading server config.

2019-02-25T12:46:55 0.640 ERR (BCM) Error in PersistentContainer.LoadServer while loading server config: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/BCMDataV3.6.0/ServerConfig.bin".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BCM.PersistentData.BCMPersist.LoadServer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-02-25T12:46:55 0.641 ERR (BCM) Error in PersistentContainer.LoadServer while loading server players config: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/BCMDataV3.6.0/PlayersConfig.bin".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BCM.PersistentData.BCMPersist.LoadServer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Updated to 3.6.0 for 17.2e

NOTE: Only compatible with 17.2e... A variable name change the core game means it will not run on 17.1

I didnt get everything I wanted to finished but rather than delay further I will put this out there for public testing.

There have been a lot of changes to the config system and numerous commands

This is still a work in progress and as such there will be some bugs to resolve with the new commands and some older ones.

Commands:

bc-config - Allows you to manage the command aliases, default options, and events system settings. (Events will be released as a separate mod dll.)

bc-block2 - A combined command for both block and tile command actions (will eventually replace both bc-block and bc-tile). This command is created as a template for the world editing commands but is still in development so not all features are working yet. The undo is not yet hooked up for this so use it in a test area first. Also the player location bit is broken atm so chunk or block co-ords are required.

bc-remove - Changed the /minibike option to /vehicle and changed the type filter to a parent of all vehicles so that /all does not remove any of the drivable vehicle types.

AI Events System:

A new system created to allow for the development of events independent of the bcm core mod. Event dlls are processed and dynamically added to the system, with configuration done via the bc-config command. More details and some core/example mods will follow later.

Persistent Data:

I'm trying a new system for chunk refreshing, and noticed an issue if the area fell on a chunk border so will need some adjusting. It should reduce the flicker and falling into the void issues the old system could cause on servers with higher latency.

There is still a lot to be done, and minimal testing in game so please let me know what is broken.

Hi. Amazing mod! I'm kinda newbie around here, but I tried to search a bit before asking to make sure is not a so silly question hopefully. On github I see releases for a17.0 and this one a17.2, but not one in between. My rented server is running a17.1 stable. Unless I can upgrade to 17.2 without messing up my save files, I can't upgrade yet. I got other mods running fine, but I want to add BCM to get this amazing features like bc-protect which is one of the commands I'm more interested in as I'm trying to turn a loaded prefab into trader-like protected area. I downloaded Alloc Fixes and RAT software. I just can't get the codes to be recognized in F1 command console. Typing "bc-help" return a "unknown command." When I write "version" it list the mod fine. I tried with version for a17.2 and 17.0. to no avail. In summary: Which version is for a17.1? or Are a17.1 save files compatible with a17.2?

Hi. Amazing mod! I'm kinda newbie around here, but I tried to search a bit before asking to make sure is not a so silly question hopefully. On github I see releases for a17.0 and this one a17.2, but not one in between. My rented server is running a17.1 stable. Unless I can upgrade to 17.2 without messing up my save files, I can't upgrade yet. I got other mods running fine, but I want to add BCM to get this amazing features like bc-protect which is one of the commands I'm more interested in as I'm trying to turn a loaded prefab into trader-like protected area. I downloaded Alloc Fixes and RAT software. I just can't get the codes to be recognized in F1 command console. Typing "bc-help" return a "unknown command." When I write "version" it list the mod fine. I tried with version for a17.2 and 17.0. to no avail. In summary: Which version is for a17.1? or Are a17.1 save files compatible with a17.2?

I found out the solution. I updated to a17.2 and my a17.1 save files loaded fine and became 17.2 save files. Then I installed the updated mods and is fine now. All in rented server. The serverconfig.xml for a17.2 is different than the one for a17.1 and it gave me problems to install at server because it didn't update automatically. But I figured it out. Now to have fun.

Update Here

I published an update a few hours ago, but it appears there was an issue with it not being able to find a target method for the reset command.

3.7.1 should fix that if you got the 3.7.0 version

New command:

bc-reset

Will reset an area to the state it was in on first generation.

default mode uses chunks for the area. If you use block co-ords then it will still do the full chunk that contains that area of blocks

bc-reset /loc to use the stored loc and your current position for the reset

bc-reset /r=5 will reset an 11x11 chunk area centered on your position

bc-reset 2 5 /r=2 would reset the 5x5 chunk area centered at cx 2 cz 5

The chunk refresh doesnt always manage to reload the chunks for all players so if nothing changes you need to leave the area and return to force the chunks to reload on the client.

Also did some more work on the new block command (currently block2)

about 10 sub commands left to test or implement, and the new undo command to write then it will be ready to replace the current block and tile commands

Stompy - should import and export be working correctly? After exporting an x y z x2 y2 z2 area, I import it and it tells me

spawning prefab blah blah

* with sleeper spawning option set

use bc-undo blah blah

error while executing command.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stompy ! does your Mod compatible with server tools and CPM ? You All have interesting features in your mods. And I need all three ! Cpm has a good systeme with the livemap, Server tools has a nice and easy way to configure the mods. I'm using those 2 mods for a long, they already have redundant functions I had to disabled. I'm afraid to put 3 servers manager and Make my server feels "FunKy Conflicts"

Hi Stompy ! does your Mod compatible with server tools and CPM ? You All have interesting features in your mods. And I need all three ! Cpm has a good systeme with the livemap, Server tools has a nice and easy way to configure the mods. I'm using those 2 mods for a long, they already have redundant functions I had to disabled. I'm afraid to put 3 servers manager and Make my server feels "FunKy Conflicts"

I dont run or have a copy of cpm on my machine and wont do any testing for compatibility for reasons I wont go into here. All I can say is you'd have to test it for yourself.

There's no reason bcm wont work with them unless they have gone out of the way to make it hard for their mods to work with mine. The chat hooks could have issues if you enable features from all of them at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon, tell me why these errors occur in the log:

RAT Last, BCM Last!

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","dat{"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","data":[{"SteamId":"76561198416327468","Name":"Vladimir27r ","Friends":["76561198217621907","76561198136596009","765611981 09203292"]},{"SteamId":"76561198217621907","Name":"Anatoliy. M","Friends":["76561198416327468","76561198136596009","765611981 09203292"]},{"SteamId":"76561198041050775","Name":"Qwars","F riends":null}]}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST",""Name":"Anatoliy.M","Friends":["76561198416327468","76561198136596009","765611981 09203292"]},{"SteamId":"76561198041050775","Name":"Qwars","F riends":null}]}

Error parsing: {me":"Vladimir27r","EntityId":3254,"IP":"95.70.67. 142","Ping":"34","LastOnline":null,"Position":"4 3 1085","Rotation":"-15 337 0","Health":132,"IsDead":false,"Level":137,"Score" :1906,"KilledPlayers":10,"KilledZombies":2445,"Dea ths":97,"Remote":true,"Gamestage":465},{"SteamId": "76561198217621907","Name":"Anatoliy.M","EntityId" :3334,"IP":"95.70.59.161","Ping":"34","LastOnline" :null,"Position":"2 3 1093","Rotation":"-13 1555 0","Health":36,"IsDead":false,"Level":92,"Score":4 01,"KilledPlayers":7,"KilledZombies":823,"Deaths": 85,"Remote":true,"Gamestage":312},{"SteamId":"7656 1198041050775","Name":"Qwars","EntityId":109680,"I P":"213.59.158.83","Ping":"131","LastOnline":null, "Position":"-1889 82 662","Rotation":"-19 2165 0","Health":100,"IsDead":false,"Level":1,"Score":0 ,"KilledPlayers":0,"KilledZombies":4,"Deaths":0,"R emote":true,"Gamestage":1}]}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-TIME","data":{"Time":{"D":227,"H":15,"ks":19822.32 ,"Fps":35.39,"Clients":3,"Entities":13,"EntityInst ":124,"Players":3,"Enemies":8,"Observers":8,"Chunk s":541,"ChunkInst":819,"Objects":50,"Items":2,"Hea p":0.0,"Max":0.0,"Rss":0.0}}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","data":{"tag":"RAT-BC-TIME","data":{"Time":{"D":227,"H":15,"M":35},"Tick s":19872.39,"Fps":35.37,"Clients":3,"Entities":12, "EntityInst":124,"Players":3,"Enemies":8,"Observer s":8,"Chunks":541,"ChunkInst":819,"Objects":50,"It ems":2,"Heap":0.0,"Max":0.0,"Rss":0.0}}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","{"tag":"RAT-BC-TIME","data":{"Time":{"D":227,"H":15,"M":42},"Tick s":19891.91,"Fps":33.37,"Clients":3,"Entities":12, "EntityInst":124,"Players":3,"Enemies":8,"Observer s":8,"Chunks":541,"ChunkInst":819,"Objects":49,"It ems":2,"Heap":0.0,"Max":0.0,"Rss":0.0}}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","data":[{"SteamId":"765611984163278","Name":"Vladimir27r", "Friends":["76561198217621907","76561198"Name":"Anatoliy.M"," Friends":["76561198416327468","76561198136596009","765611981 09203292"]},{"SteamId":"76561198041050775","Name":"Qwars","F riends":null}]}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","data":[{"SteamId":"765611984163274624,"Players":3,"Enemie s":8,"Observers":8,"Chunks":541,"ChunkInst":819,"O bjects":51,"Items":2,"Heap":0.0,"Max":0.0,"Rss":0. 0}}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-TIME","data":{"Time":{"D":227,"H":16,"24,"Players" :3,"Enemies":8,"Observers":8,"Chunks":541,"ChunkIn st":819,"Objects":49,"Items":2,"Heap":0.0,"Max":0. 0,"Rss":0.0}}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","data":[{"SteamId":"7656119841632746{"tag":"RAT-BC-FRIENDSLIST","data":[{"SteamId":"7656119841632748","Name":"Vladimir27r" ,"Friends":["76561198217621907","76561198136596009","765611981 09203292"]},{"SteamId":"76561198217621907","Name":"Anatoliy. M","Friends":["76561198416327468","76561198136596009","765611981 09203292"]},{"SteamId":"76561198041050775","Name":"Qwars","F riends":null}]}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-TIME","data":{"Time":{"D":227,"H":16,"123,"Players ":1,"Enemies":8,"Observers":6,"Chunks":417,"ChunkI nst":553,"Objects":45,"Items":1,"Heap":0.0,"Max":0 .0,"Rss":0.0}}

Error parsing: {{"tag":"RAT-BC-RATLP","data":[{"SteamId":"76561198041050775","Name":"Qwars","Ent ityId":109680,"IP":"213.59.158.83","Ping":"130","L astOnline":null,"Position":"-1896 77 657","Rotation":"-17 1099 0","Health":100,"IsDead":false,"Level":1,"Score":0 ,"KilledPlayers":0,"KilledZombies":4,"Deaths":0,"R emote":true,"Gamestage":1}]}

Error parsing: {"tag":"RAT-BC-RATLP","data":[{"SteamId":"76561198041050775","Name":"Qwars","Ent ityId":109680,"IP":"213.59.158.83","Ping":"136",rs ":0,"KilledZombies":4,"Deaths":0,"Remote":true,"Ga mestage":1}]}

Error in parsing: 2019-03-20T23:43:08 20263.679 INF

That doesnt look like the error is coming from bcm itself

The json on each of those errors looks like a mangle of multiple outputs, so I suspect rat is getting data lines merged badly somehow?

Need more details and a raw paste of the log to give more feedback than that (pasting to the forums comment seems to like adding random spaces etc)

Archived