Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

StompyNZ

Hi StompyNZ!

I notice big performence hit on my server so I checked the controlpanel and got alot of this error

[MODS] Error while executing GameUpdate on mod "Bad Company Manager"

MissingFieldException: Field '.EntityAlive.isFeral' not found.

they changed stuff for b221, it has been fixed in bcm 3.2.0 +

Version 3.3.0 available

Recompiled for build 231

Added new commands:

bc-givexp - (online players only) lets you give xp to a remote player

bc-setskill - (online players only) lets you set any skill on the player (use 'bc-go skills /filter=name /min' for a list). Level can be anywhere from min to max, but if requirements are not met the skill will be limit to the max allowed under current pre-reqs

bc-resetskills - (online players only) resets the skills to default minimum levels. It does not currently reset skillpoints as they are controlled client side so change those would require kicking the player. A later version will have the ability to edit offline players.

Had to change the buff indexes to the name string instead of an int of the name hash to match tfp code changes, so previous versions may not work with build 231.

am i doing something wrong? i cannot get it to work. i have EAC turned off on my dedi and my client, I have dm and cm on, i'm in god mode.. and I cannot get the commands to work. i get no response. I dropped the two files into the Mods folder and rebooted the dedi. Is there a dll i need to change?

i got BC manager to work by installing it through my pingperfect server.

but when i try to import i get "unable to load prefab"

any tips on loading in a prefab? its nto a vanilla prefab. eac is turned off, am am in dm mode

am i doing something wrong? i cannot get it to work. i have EAC turned off on my dedi and my client, I have dm and cm on, i'm in god mode.. and I cannot get the commands to work. i get no response. I dropped the two files into the Mods folder and rebooted the dedi. Is there a dll i need to change?

i got BC manager to work by installing it through my pingperfect server.

but when i try to import i get "unable to load prefab"

any tips on loading in a prefab? its nto a vanilla prefab. eac is turned off, am am in dm mode

I'm getting the same thing with two of my Project POI's I made in A16.4, but was able to load one of the existing prefab files hospital_01 into the server using bc's import. hey stompy can you help with this? :D

yea, i cant spawn any pois that are not named the original prefab name. i'm wondering if we need to add them to the spawn file first. also prefabs we make have 4 files, where the ones in-game have 6.. wondering if this is the issue

- - - Updated - - -

i have players getting upset.. haha.. and i'm sitting here trying to figure out why its not working..

Just wanted to chime in, I haven't had any issues importing player builds. I imported 6 of them today on a new b231 wipe using bcmanager 3.3.0. Simply used "import name" as always. This was on my dedicated server with EAC enabled. Are you able to view them in the prefab editor? Maybe try resaving them first.

eac is compatible with bcm, you can run with or without it

as for the prefabs, I'm going to hazard a guess that you dont have all the required files for them.

var prefab = new Prefab();
     if (!prefab.Load(Params[0]))
     {
       SendOutput($"Unable to load prefab {Params[0]}");
       return;
     }

the above code call is looking for a .tts, .xml, .ins, .map

all of those are required. The .jpg is for the previewer so should be ok without it.

The .mesh is for distant PoIs. It should import without it but i havent tested if there are any issues with not having one.

I'm off work after friday for a couple of weeks and will devote some time to the events and world editing sections. I've mostly gotten on top of requests outside of those.

as for the prefabs, I'm going to hazard a guess that you dont have all the required files for them.

{
       return;
     }

all of those are required. The .jpg is for the previewer so should be ok without it.

The .mesh is for distant PoIs. It should import without it but i havent tested if there are any issues with not having one.

I'm off work after friday for a couple of weeks and will devote some time to the events and world editing sections. I've mostly gotten on top of requests outside of those.

All my exports were done with Scripting Mod by DJRose, it only makes 2 files .tts and .xml never needed the other two files... imported and exported many of my projects like that all through A16 and never had a problem..

All my exports were done with Scripting Mod by DJRose, it only makes 2 files .tts and .xml never needed the other two files... imported and exported many of my projects like that all through A16 and never had a problem..

in a17 they have made vast changes to the prefabs and a16 prefabs wont work without first converting them

{
       return;
     }

i have all four required files you mentioned. i made the poi in the editor and then moved the files over before the update. after the update i moved all four files back over and tried to spawn them and couldnt. i cant even bring them up in the prefab editor. its probably not BC, its probably that update that hit while i was IN GAME in the editor and crashed my game. I'm experiencing other NEW bugs even after wiping/verifying both my fiels and the dedi files. so, probably not BC, probably the 221-231-233 debacle.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm not using a16. thanks for trying.

@StompyNZ

Found a pretty big issue - So with the Newest version and newest experimental If I import a prefab that has any trees in it they seem to be floating.

Example I went to a hill and also on a mountain area. Leveled it out to where it was flat, then imported a prefab in that area that also contained trees. It imported however all the trees were floating. Basically the trees ended up where the hill/mountain layouts were originally.

Never seen this before until now with A17.

Anybody tried, or tested Bc-visit with the latest b233? Not working for me it appears.

I've had issues with it crashing the chunk generator when near the edge of the map at times. Haven't tested it for a couple of versions tho

Seems to be working on guppy's server atm

I've had issues with it crashing the chunk generator when near the edge of the map at times. Haven't tested it for a couple of versions tho

This is the only message in the console, but the region never reveals on the map. Maybe I am doing something wrong or missing a step.

2018-12-20T17:59:59 2498.847 INF Executing command 'visit 7 7 ' from client 76561198798401492

2018-12-20T18:00:00 2499.243 INF VisitRegion (12%): 128 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.67 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:00 2499.249 INF VisitRegion (25%): 256 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 1.14 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:02 2501.606 INF VisitRegion (38%): 384 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 4.59 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:02 2501.618 INF VisitRegion (50%): 512 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.75 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:08 2507.160 INF VisitRegion (62%): 640 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 4.98 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:08 2507.176 INF VisitRegion (75%): 768 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.77 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:16 2515.811 INF VisitRegion (88%): 896 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.42 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:16 2515.823 INF VisitRegion (100%): 1024 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 0.00 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:16 2515.827 INF VisitRegion done, visited 1024 chunks in 16.98 seconds (average 60.30 chunks/sec).

This is the only message in the console, but the region never reveals on the map. Maybe I am doing something wrong or missing a step.

2018-12-20T17:59:59 2498.847 INF Executing command 'visit 7 7 ' from client 76561198798401492

2018-12-20T18:00:00 2499.243 INF VisitRegion (12%): 128 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.67 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:00 2499.249 INF VisitRegion (25%): 256 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 1.14 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:02 2501.606 INF VisitRegion (38%): 384 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 4.59 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:02 2501.618 INF VisitRegion (50%): 512 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.75 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:08 2507.160 INF VisitRegion (62%): 640 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 4.98 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:08 2507.176 INF VisitRegion (75%): 768 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.77 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:16 2515.811 INF VisitRegion (88%): 896 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 2.42 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:16 2515.823 INF VisitRegion (100%): 1024 / 1024 chunks done (estimated time left 0.00 seconds)

2018-12-20T18:00:16 2515.827 INF VisitRegion done, visited 1024 chunks in 16.98 seconds (average 60.30 chunks/sec).

is the world set to 4k or 8k?

just tested and it is working, but if the world is 4k, it'll just be a black area

is the world set to 4k or 8k?

just tested and it is working, but if the world is 4k, it'll just be a black area

8k map. Fresh clean vanilla install (tried with both b233 and b238). The only mod installed is bc manager. Also, I am running MP on a server if that matters.

I type visit -7 2

It behaves as if it ran successfully

Then when I view the map for region -7,2 it has not changed at all. Nothing is revealed on the map.

8k map. Fresh clean vanilla install (tried with both b233 and b238). The only mod installed is bc manager. Also, I am running MP on a server if that matters.

I type visit -7 2

Then when I view the map for region -7,2 it has not changed at all. Nothing is revealed on the map.

Are you looking at the in game map or allocs map? the visit region only reveals the map for allocs map viewer. The player map in game is not affected.

If you are refering to allocs map and that is not showing the visitied area then I might need to see your log file from the dedicated server to see if theres any issues.

I type visit -7 2

If you are referring to Allocs Map, you stated you only had BC Manager installed. You need Allocs server fixes for that as well got the Alloc Map but as StmpzNZ said if your using the in-game map that is not effected by BC

How do you get the DLL file to load on the server. I can't seem to get the dedi server to load MY dll file. I keep getting this error:

2018-12-21T20:19:28 0.291 WRN [MODS] Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build

Even though it IS the dedicated server running. I used your mod as an example and am using the GameStartDone mod event.

How do you get the DLL file to load on the server. I can't seem to get the dedi server to load MY dll file. I keep getting this error:

2018-12-21T20:19:28 0.291 WRN [MODS] Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build

Even though it IS the dedicated server running. I used your mod as an example and am using the GameStartDone mod event.

are you running the proper dedicated server, or the client in dedicated mode?

If the later it wont work. You need to either use steamcmd or go to the tools section in your steam library and grab the full dedicated server for it.

If you already have that, then make sure the mod has a class that is extending the IModApi class and it is being compiled as a class library and has the ModInfo.xml file as well.

if all that is done and still getting issues then post some code on github or pastebin and I can have a look at it for you

Stompy, a wish...

can you add something like this?

"dj-regen - Regenerates a chunk or custom area based on the world seed"

It was a small area, 16x16 blocks and i miss that stuff so much, cause of all the gamebugs (like endless tree spawning, in the current version). So we can reset that small zones, without resetting the whole chunk.

topic from dj-rose and his a16 mod:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69772-djkrose-s-Scripting-Mod

• xyth locked this topic

Archived