Carlzilla's SDX Mods

Carlzilla

All these mods are updated to work with A15 and SDX 0.7.0

As with last alpha: THESE MODS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR MULTIPLAYER! They may or may not work, but I offer absolutely ZERO multiplayer support.

Craftable Map & Compass:

This mod disables the compass window unless you're holding a compass, and it disables the map unless you've crafted a map.

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/?fauunsnl5pofi26

Casing Ejection:

Adds ejected bullet casings to the game. These casings can be reused to craft more bullets. You should get a reusable casing about 25% of the time by default, but the percentage and the casing returned (for mods that add more ammo types) can be changed for each gun in the XML files.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbua4czzd371j3v

Duffel Bags:

Adds bags that can be loaded with goodies and then picked up and transported. Once placed down again, you'll have access to all the stuff in the bag.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/23sqs177fw4fk4m

Working Beds:

Adds beds that can be slept in, and a need for sleep once every day. You can be randomly attacked in your sleep, but this does allow you to sleep through hordes. Some people may see this as cheating, but I can't stand omniscient zombie hordes so their removal isn't a bad thing.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/curkl21c19o98x3

Smart Containers:

Adds containers that will automatically grab certain items from your inventory. There's already containers configured for tools, weapons, food, medical supplies, etc. More containers can be added by editing the XMLs.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lr77ja4fhia2omu

Trash Can:

Adds a can that you can place unwanted items in, and when you shift+click the can those items will be removed from the game.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2g62nlufadpzex1

TERMS OF USE:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57523-Carlzilla-s-SDX-Mods&p=587709&viewfull=1#post587709

Make sure you understand these before downloading.

Let me just say that I'm an SDX NOOB! I've been an xml modder, dll modder, and server admin since A10. I'm ready to get my feet wet with some "REAL" modding. Figured I'd try one of these since you were blazing fast to get them done today.

Anyway, the Smart Containers mod is freaking genius! My OCD Thanks You! :becky:

Smart Containers and Duffel bags are both working good for me. Toolbox model is awesome. Makes me want someone to put together a model\container pack so I can use them in building my prefabs. I love this game for the building, but you can only do so much with the furnishings available. Instead of focusing on prettying up brick textures and seams I wish TFP would start adding more containers\furniture.

I'll take a look. It worked for me with no errors, so I'm not sure if it's a mod issue, or an issue with your data.

EDIT:

Yep, I found the cable issue. I think I may have added ScrapCable back into the game, but it's absolutely not there by default. I changed it to ElectricParts instead. I'll upload a new version in a few.

The model for the toolbox is working fine for me though.

I'm an idiot! I made sure that the startdedicated.bat had the -sdxconfig parameter, but I wasn't launching my client through SDX.

*facepalm*

I fixed the xml to change the scrapCable to electricParts and everything is working great now.

Sorry for the confusion! I'll go put myself in the corner now.

• 1 month later...

TERMS OF USE:

By downloading my mods, you agree that you WILL NOT include them, or slightly/moderately/heavily altered versions of them, in your own publicly available mods without asking my permission first. I do not require credit after permission is granted, but credit is nice.

You may butcher, alter, merge, desecrate, etc. my mods to your heart's content for your private use, but you may not upload those versions without seeking my permission first.

Big thx Carl

Carl, love the smart mod but it doesn't work in multiplayer because it returns to other players they're not the owners of the chest and the unlock mechanism doesn't solve this.

How can I modify this script to create a chest that isn't locked or doesn't check for the owner etc. My goal is to make a chest that pulls in loot for people who don't organize things on a cooperative multiplayer setting. Huge thanks for your work. (I read your previous thread that you mainly play single player and the other person having this same issue.)

if (entityLootContainer.GetOwner() == GamePrefs.GetString(EnumGamePrefs.PlayerId))

{

DisplayToolTipText("Access Granted");

}

else

{

DisplayToolTipText("You are not the owner of this chest");

return false;

Carl, love the smart mod but it doesn't work in multiplayer because it returns to other players they're not the owners of the chest and the unlock mechanism doesn't solve this.

How can I modify this script to create a chest that isn't locked or doesn't check for the owner etc. My goal is to make a chest that pulls in loot for people who don't organize things on a cooperative multiplayer setting. Huge thanks for your work. (I read your previous thread that you mainly play single player and the other person having this same issue.)

if (entityLootContainer.GetOwner() == GamePrefs.GetString(EnumGamePrefs.PlayerId))

{

DisplayToolTipText("Access Granted");

}

else

{

DisplayToolTipText("You are not the owner of this chest");

return false;

+1 on this request. I love your mods but mostly play family co-op using a server and this would really help sort out our storage problems.

I don't really mess with multiplayer, but I'll upload a change that makes them a regular non-secure container. I can't guarantee this will work because, again, I don't play, test, or care about (personally) multiplayer.

Unfortunately that breaks the mod entirely and the chests will not open. I know nothing about C# but i have google so i am trying to tinker with it to get it to work. one thing that would help is do you know where i can find the script code for the default game chests, I looked through the files and can't find anything, or any suggestion/ point in a direction would be appreciated.

Thx again Carl

• 2 months later...
Carlzilla, this might be a bit out from right-field.. but didn't you make a klaxon mod that announced the 7 day horde? If so, is it still available, and was it ever updated to 15.x?

I did, but it was never updated. It might still work...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived