[Known Issue] Player Reset / Wipe and Bugged Inventory

Clare

Player Wipes - PS4 Pro

Recently bought the game a couple weeks ago, and have experienced the player wipes regularly since beginning playing, here is what was similar every time it has happened to our group:

1. Hosted a Private standard map game

2. Customized the game settings

3. Hosted using a PS4 Pro, friends all played/joined using regular PS4s

4. Problem didn't happen until a few nights in, always happened after taking a several day break (4-6 days)

5. Friends all existed before the host shut down the map each time of playing

6. Game play problems have been all experienced on version 1.17 (have not tried on 1.18 yet)

7. Base located at various spots in the Green Forest area

The player wipes happened to us on three (3) different occasions, so we have given up on the Private game. Have another Public game going right now, will follow up with what happens with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Gamebreaking Bug OVER A YEAR OLD!?

I Just recently bought the game & discovered this game breaking bug, I’m the host so I didn’t get affected but my 2 cousins logged in to find there characters were back to level 1.. checked to find this post & this bug is OVER A YEAR OLD!!!

Is this game breaking bug ever going to get fixed!?

• 4 weeks later...

Craziness

How is the massive bug still not fixed? And why is no one replying to it? I only play this game with friends and we stopped because of this glitch and now returned to try again and it’s still happening?! That’s unreal. Is there an update I’ve missed?

It's still happening,we were playing PvP with 2 other friends,and it resets after a week about. We tried with 3 different games and hosts.

Same here. Continued my PS4 version of the game yesterday after 3 days and BAM other player was reset when I was the host. We loaded the older saves from USB Stick and PS Cloud -> Didn't worked. We continued another game and BAM he was the host and I got the reset. So we started a new game and I really hope it won't happen again. This hasn't happened before and I've played hundreds of hours.

Hello Claire no my ban has been lifted on telling the truth I've been telling you and other people for two years from 2016 June 28th that your game was always dashboarding people taken away the work reset in the Worlds none of use listened because it's two years nearly 3 to 4 years to fix this problem and it's not fixed as of yet but the PC it's been fixed with all the money from the consoles that's why your game is dying that's why nobody has faith in the fun pumps you can ban me indefinite I could not care less because there is no compensation for all those people that has lost hours of work even months and you have not once to apologise has the fun pimps actions for failing to fix this problem sooner on on Xbox you have a 2.6 rating that is bad I have told you time and time again your game crashes and dashboard people and resets the Worlds you give us pointless tips that don't work so my point is when you do bad stuff bad stuff happens to you and other stuff that happens to you if people don't entertain your game anymore or anything that your company fires out I was banned from your chat for telling the truth and corruption and that's world has gone long enough I just want to get my point over to you and everyone else to see this point you took my money as well as you took everybody else's money PC is working 100% I play on the PC too just to let you know and it's so sad that PC is dying Consul if you can call that a a console but yet Xbox One and PS4 are the future so banned me again because I couldn't care unless use give compensation to millions of people that play your game take care bye p.s thank you for reading this oh customers are always right people stand your ground

Wow, somehow they managed to make this game unplayable on PS4. I've experienced the player reset in 4 times now in a month so I'm not playing anymore. There even haven't been any patches lately so how the hell this is even possible? It always happen with the non-hosting player. One day his character is just in level 1 and everything is gone. I've tried to upload my saves to cloud when quitting the game and then download them back when reset happens but no, character is gone.

Maybe I just wait for a year and then try again if this is fixed by then.

• 2 months later...

Whoa

So this just happened to me but in SINGLE player. I got distracted and crashed the minibike into a spike pit trap and promptly died.

Woke up in the plains at a random spawn point at level 1. I don't die very often except mostly by my own hand, (tunnel collapse, spikes etc.)

Is this a thing that can happen in single player mode? 56 hours down the drain. I'll send you the save file this afternoon.

It's been a couple years now, so yeah I mean it's just a game but this is pretty game breaking.

Thankfully I got there in time and recovered all of my loot as the zeds died on the spikes around me. I had unlocked all of my chests because the wife occassionally pops in to split screen so it's just character progress I lost and none of my loot and all of my buildings were still standing strong but still - I'm going to have to step away for awhile.

Oh and both of my minibikes had completely disappeared. I had a backup in case stupid stuff happened and then stupid stuff happened yet both disappeared.

Take care, hope someone somewhere sees this. Good luck.

So this just happened to me but in SINGLE player. I got distracted and crashed the minibike into a spike pit trap and promptly died.

Woke up in the plains at a random spawn point at level 1. I don't die very often except mostly by my own hand, (tunnel collapse, spikes etc.)

Is this a thing that can happen in single player mode? 56 hours down the drain. I'll send you the save file this afternoon.

It's been a couple years now, so yeah I mean it's just a game but this is pretty game breaking.

Thankfully I got there in time and recovered all of my loot as the zeds died on the spikes around me. I had unlocked all of my chests because the wife occassionally pops in to split screen so it's just character progress I lost and none of my loot and all of my buildings were still standing strong but still - I'm going to have to step away for awhile.

Oh and both of my minibikes had completely disappeared. I had a backup in case stupid stuff happened and then stupid stuff happened yet both disappeared.

Take care, hope someone somewhere sees this. Good luck.

You might be better putting this in as a separate bug report; I haven't seen this reported as a single player issue before and it will definitely be picked up in the bug section, rather than if left here. Hope you get it sorted.

You might be better putting this in as a separate bug report; I haven't seen this reported as a single player issue before and it will definitely be picked up in the bug section, rather than if left here. Hope you get it sorted.

You say single player before. I consider myself king of MD5's (hundreds),and I have never ever had a character reset in single or split. Is the character reset a type of MD5 or something new. I cannot believe this crap. If this starts to happen then this game is truly broke beyond repair.

• 3 weeks later...

Non Host Characters Still resetting...

Hey Claire. Me and my wife play same room two separate PS4s and wired connection. She is not the host of the server and continues to get her character reset back to 1. Time seems to affect this if we don't log in for a few days. This is a game breaking bug and pretty much makes the game unplayable. Is there any fix for this? We have the most current version of the game, she logs off first, we don't have a drop in internet... I would really like to play the game but we just keep having to reset over and over and over.

Archived