[Known Issue] Player Reset / Wipe and Bugged Inventory

Clare

Reading though the patch forum I noticed that three people asked question if the new patch fixed this bug. I also noticed that there was no replies to any of those questions. I asked about an update 3 weeks ago regarding this issue... also no reply.

Is this issue being worked on still?

Is there a possibility that the new patch fixed this issue?

PS4 split screen login issue

Hi their

Me and my friend have been playing this game number of time on his PS4. but we recently started playing on my PS4 he has his own profile on my machine and vise versa. On my machine now we have two split screen issue now. We get past the first blood moons then we get a crash first code (CE-35285-3) so then we restart and I log in just fine and so does my friend. My friend pick his character and it gets to building environment and get another error code (CE-35285-0). After that happened I came to this thread and others that where similar to my issues and tried their fixs but none have worked. I do switch from using either net cable to wireless most of the time wireless. Either way my connection speed for wired or wireless 2.8, nat type 2, the in game specific it's a random gen game is updated to 1.11, local play, difficulty was at adventure then switched to insane and switched back to advent and same goes with enemy aggression and day length.

• 2 weeks later...

Without any success on this forum I took to messaging those experiencing issue individually. I have heard back from two different players they are still experiencing this issue. Hopefully they are working on something but it seems this issue has been let to drift.

"Unfortunately I haven't had any success. In fact I just experienced this problem two days ago. My brother and I stopped playing for about 2 or 3 weeks. But last week we decided to give it another go, so we started a new game and this time my brother hosted (I hosted all the previous games). I think we made it to.... day 12? Then, when we started the game up on Saturday (this past weekend) my character was completely erased (his was not). So no, we thought maybe the problem was finally gone but sadly it's not."

"Yeah, my character is still being reset. After each patch it will normally bring my character back a time or two, but then it's right back to being reset each time. Quite frustrating."

WILSON!

Looks like they are still working on this - Clare just posted this 30 mins ago. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61747-Very-bad-bug&p=614394#post614394

"All the information on this issue can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...gged-Inventory the team released a first fix that worked for some players, but others are still finding this can occur for them so the team are continuing to work on this.

It should be noted that once this bad data transfer occurs, it can be saved into the game, causing that game to become bugged and may require a new start, or for players to change profiles on their consoles and play that way."

Looks like they are still working on this - Clare just posted this 30 mins ago. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61747-Very-bad-bug&p=614394#post614394

"All the information on this issue can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...gged-Inventory the team released a first fix that worked for some players, but others are still finding this can occur for them so the team are continuing to work on this.

It should be noted that once this bad data transfer occurs, it can be saved into the game, causing that game to become bugged and may require a new start, or for players to change profiles on their consoles and play that way."

Just happened to me as host. Played a 10 hour session with my wife, logged out 3 hours ago, logged back in played longer, then was about to log out and power outage. Log back in 10 mins later and my character reset fully. My wife logged in and was fine. It didn't even roll back to the save by log out 3 hours previous, a pure wipe, no stats, no skills, no items etc. SO yes, its still painfully happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it was day 65, not simply 10 hours played.

This happened to me 4/28/2017 Xbox one

My friend and I played 28 days, got on today and he spawned normally but I spawned as a level one, no map discovered, my inventory gone. I had our only completed gun in my inventory. Is there any fix for this?

- - - Updated - - -

My friend and I played 28 days, got on today and he spawned normally but I spawned as a level one, no map discovered, my inventory gone. I had our only completed gun in my inventory. Is there any fix for this?

Subscribing to thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who is on PS4, who had this occur for them AFTER Patch 9 was released, could you please send me a copy of the save file it occurs for your on:

To get the file:

1) Turn on PS4

2) Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.

3) In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4) Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5) Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6) Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"

7) Select 7 Days to Die

8) Select all files and press "Copy"

9) Wait until transfer is complete

10) Remove External Drive

11) Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ".bin" and "Profile" files

12) Upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service

13) Email the download link to [email protected] with user name in title so i can match to reports

14) PM me here to let me know you sent it.

We do not fix individual files, but we believe a save may help us confirm a fix for this issue. When sending the file, please include if you can when you started the save, and when the issue first occurred.

Thank you,

Clare

• 1 month later...

Respawn on Level 1 after many Days and sessions Online PS4

Hi,

I play with a friend and we got forward to day 39. Until this point everything was okay, we started a few times and no bugs with this. But then we got kicked out and after that I started on Level 1. After the second time this happened I hosted the Multiplayer-Game, because we thought it was a problem with my PS4, but in my game it also happened to him an he started after one session at level 1 at the next session. With this Bug the Game is unplayable in Online-Mode! I hope it get fixed soon, otherwise I unfortunately have to stop playing it, what makes me sad, because it´s a very nice game. But when you always have to Start from Level 1, if you´re nit the host, there is no fun and motivation to play the game anymore or start a new game every time you play it online with a friend.

I hope somebody has a fix or an answer for this, I didn´t find anything on the internet.

Cheers,

Brazard

Hello Brazard,

Did you and your buddy follow the instructions provided by Clare to submit your save game? I have been monitoring this issue for a long while and one of the problems is the lack of able to recreate the bug from the development team. I am hoping maybe the next patch might fix this issue. I am going to try it with my friends when released.

Thanks,

Jedi.

After the next patch my four friends and I are going to play again. This bug happened twice to us and it was very upsetting. They had identified two potential issue that could be causing the reset. From my understanding they have patched one of the issues. The second issue is the one that seems to be eluding them. Because the issue has persisted for so long many multiplayers are not playing or are not the host with access to the data. The other issue is players like myself and my friends don't have the time to help beta test each patch. I happily beta tested games like Ultima Online to date myself.

This release is not the norm for consoles and has thrown many people for a loop. When games are in this stage of refinement it is up to the community who is testing them to help smooth out the wrinkles.

Have fun,

Jedi.

Hey mcdaniel90,

I am hoping the new patch 10 fixes this issue. I have asked for some confirmation as there was nothing in the patch notes about it.

We will be giving it a go again and it if does happen the save games will be submitted to hopefully help fix the problem.

Have fun,

Jedi.

[XB1] Only the host progression saves - Multiple hosts, EVERY private game

Looking through this thread, I saw very little mention of this happening on Xbox...but I don't know any Xbox players that it doesn't happen to.

Three other Xbox (and IRL) friends and I [have tried to] play this game regularly since about a month before v1.0.13 arrived - marathon amounts on a few occasions. Three of us have served as host on more than 3 separate games/saves, and in each case only the host's progress is saved and each of the clients get reset. The first time it happened, and the save we still invested the most time in (until the recent announcement of v1.0.14 that's going to require a new save to take advantage of all the new goodies), was started in v1.0.12 and was the most amount of time the clients (which are my friends as I host this save) were able to play without being reset. The first time the client-reset happened was just before v1.0.13, and roughly day 16 - 18 (on 2hr game days) over the course about a month.

We nearly quit after the first instance because of so much progress lost; then v1.0.13 arrived and we played a little more on the same save and our main base was 95% wiped out (roughly day 22 or so) by an MD5 error (the EXACT same area was also affected just a few days later on my single player save). With so many issues hitting us that hard, we took a break for a while.

After SOME of the aggravation wore off, we attempted new games with new hosts; some were created and played between these friends that I did not play, a couple were hosted by others that I did. In EVERY game, regardless of who hosts and who does or doesn't play (ruling out an individual Xbox issues or ISP/Router setups), the clients are reset. For a short while, we said we had about a 50% chance of loading in as a client and being reset or not, AND we had a theory that the amount of time between playing had some bearing on the chances (as in, the longer between playing the more likely to be reset). Both of those theories are out as it happens WAY more than it doesn't, the longest game time anyone's been able to play (again, 2 hour days) is less than 7, and the shortest real time it's happened to me as client is less than 24 hours between playing (3rd time playing on a new save created just for the host and me).

Upon a reset, I have also been randomly spawned within "Sensed" range of a group of zombies, which I thought wasn't supposed to happen.

My friends and I will be happy when this is finally fixed, but as Xbox players without a manual save workaround we just treat this issue as a "feature" of the game and expect to start over when we load in as a client and are just pleasantly surprised when we're not. We also try to end our sessions in the morning hours so we're not randomly placed on the map in the middle of the night or without enough time to run to a base before nightfall.

Looking forward to the new update, but just as disappointed the biggest bugs of the game have yet to be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
[PATCH 7 - FIX FOUND] - First fix only took for some users, some issues still persisting.

[iN PROGRESS - WORKING ON NEW FIX, SAVES REQUESTED TO HELP, ISSUE MAY PERSIST AFTER PATCH 9]

NOTE: If this happens to you in a NEW game AFTER patch 7, please submit a new report about it as it means the fix didn't take or there could be two things causing the same error.

This issue occurs when a data exchange from a client to a host sends some bad data. This data overwrites the previous save data about the client that is maintained by the host, causing the client to hit level 1 again. Unfortunately because the save data is overwritten there is no way to retrieve the lost levels and stats.

The other issue that can sometimes occur in tandem with the levels wipe, is where the inventory also becomes bugged - the game believes he inventory is full when it is not. This presents the same issue as mentioned above, however, because there is currently no way to delete a player from the game to allow them to start fresh, there is no way to remove the inventory data for that player from the save.

Players who experience this should have no issue joining or creating games with the same players again, but the save this occurred in can not be restored (unless you are on PS4 and have a backup)

The fix: The team have been working on a fix for this issue so bad data will not be saved or overwrite any saves. However this fix with only prevent the issues mentioned above from happening again, rather than restoring saves.

Clare

------- UPDATE --------

Anyone who is on PS4, who had this occur for them for the FIRST time AFTER Patch 9 was released, could you please send me a copy of the save file it occurs for your on:

To get the file:

1) Turn on PS4

2) Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.

3) In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4) Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5) Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6) Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"

7) Select 7 Days to Die

8) Select all files and press "Copy"

9) Wait until transfer is complete

10) Remove External Drive

11) Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ".bin" and "Profile" files

12) Upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service

13) Email the download link to [email protected] with user name in title so i can match to reports

14) PM me here to let me know you sent it.

We do not fix individual files, but we believe a save may help us confirm a fix for this issue. When sending the file, please include if you can when you started the save, and when the issue first occurred.

Thank you,

Clare

Hello I have the same problem on xbox one. Everytime i join a game i got to complete the tutorial over again

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: This issue may be fixed...? (knocking on wood and as I type this one-handed)

Just wanted to share an update since my last post on 6/20/17 just before Patch 10 released:

As of yet, my friends nor I have lost any character progression when joining games hosted by another. I've joined 2 separate games of 2 new seeds started after patch 10 released, varying times have elapsed between playing, on one the host played and progressed quite a bit on his own between times I played on his seed, and thus far I have retained my character's progression on each, even after a couple of MD5 errors.

I still empty my inventory AND wearable items before quitting as a precaution, however.

It still may be a bit early to move this thread to the "fixed" category, but if it truly is, KUDOS and thank you, devs!

• 1 month later...

*sad face*

This is still a reoccurring problem for me. Even making a back up file to reload from, doesn't help. The problem seems to come up if it's been more than a week since last logging in. I'm not sure. I've also noticed the time stamps on my saves seem to be off by a few hours. Not sure what that's about. I'm going to make copies of my saves though and send them in, as per the instructions. I hope it can help.

• 4 weeks later...
This is happening to me on Xbox one. Among other issue's. This is the only one I have trouble tolerating. I get a bunch of supplies gathered & in chest then over half will despawn after awhile. Please help.

Actually we need your help , please help fill out a bug report , so many of the people who are having the sam eissue are not reporting it properly so its taking the team very long to isolate all the triggers for the MD5 , because there are multiple triggers for the MD5 and some of them "Player triggered" (meaning the player did something that causes a sequence of event that resulted in the crash ) only he trigger that get properly reported are getting fixed so please check out this thread https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting ,and help be a part of the solution

• 1 month later...

Brother lost character in my private game.

My brother and I started playing together last week. Everything was good until today when we logged in and I sent him an invite to our private game. He had lost all progress and items. We are in PS4 and in version 1.17. I don't have a computer to send in my save file to be checked out.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing on Xbox One with two friends. No matter if PvP or Coop, Clients are often reset to Level 1 and sometimes the whole map has been reset. So all handmade Buildings and Chests including Loot are gone. This really sucks... Waiting for over a year and 13 Patches now that this is gone be fixed. By the way, we can only join Multiplayer when the Xbox is connected to Internet through an Hotspot!

PS: John Dillinger please dont comment my message - you already did several times and with always the same "good" advices. Thx!

Archived