Bomber Zombie

StompyNZ

But what changed about this since yesterday? I new game build, a update to a modded dll? Something had to change in order for this to happen, right?

I also give up on making either suicide mole or babyboomer last longer. I tried several different ways to increase their running time, and nothing I did was a success. I can copy your guy's work, and add my own uma mixed zombie on them, but I simply just don't understand what governs their duration.

But what changed about this since yesterday? I new game build, a update to a modded dll? Something had to change in order for this to happen, right?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58939-Alpha-15-2-Experimental-B6-is-out!

- - - Updated - - -

I also give up on making either suicide mole or babyboomer last longer. I tried several different ways to increase their running time, and nothing I did was a success. I can copy your guy's work, and add my own uma mixed zombie on them, but I simply just don't understand what governs their duration.

When they get the health debuff is when the bomb becomes active.

when they see you they cast whatever is on their hand item

the buff they cast is where you add duration. As soon as they drop below 40% max health they trigger the bomb phase. That is just the standard cop controller doing that, there is no funky magic in the buffs other than forcing their health low then healing them back up.

No link, that is just what I did a few minutes ago. If you create a new Archetype and spawn it into the game, it will produce a texture in the UMA folder. You can then take those textures and use a 3rd party editor (gimp,paint.net, ect,.) and further alter the texture to appear in the game *This is only for the UMA stuff though* No altering the other textures yet.. well I hope down the road we get access to the other textures like this :)

NO WAY

BT_3_excel.jpg

Is it just diffuses, or do we get to play with spec/bump maps as well?

- - - Updated - - -

The best way I can explain it:

1) You make a new zed archetype idk ZobieRob. Add all the parts you want (Hair/eyes/makeup/shirts/pants/etc,.)

2) Load up the game and spawn you ZombieRob then exit the game.

3) In the umaTexure folder you will have 3 layers for ZombieRob.

4) You can then take those textures and edit them in another program (idk add different shadows, take a picture of some eyes and replace the old ones, add new wounds, etc,. *if you wanted you could take a photo and put it into it*

5) save your work and put it back into the folder.

presto you have a new zed with new skin clothing or what not.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18935[/ATTACH] Example of what you will see (plus 2 others) but as a PNG file

And no, I said just for UMA textures

Im going to assume the other 2 are bump/spec.

This is great.

For the textures guppy, the main gain will be less/no hitching when they spawn in large quantities.

type=player means it has to generate the texture for EACH spawn. Type=anything else and it will check for a texture on disk(which is loaded in memory) and then use that instead.

There will be one of two things that happens on dedi, either custom textures can be edited client side and as such clients can hack the textures to whatever they want regardless of the server textures, or it will force the textures to default settings for that archetype.

The first allows for exploiting, the second disallows for custom textures on MP.

The ideal third option is textures get pushed from the server, but given their size I doubt this has been implemented.

I suspect the first option is what we will have, but I'll do some testing after work and see what happens if someone doesnt beat me to it.

NO WAY

BT_3_excel.jpg

Is it just diffuses, or do we get to play with spec/bump maps as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Im going to assume the other 2 are bump/spec.

This is great.

Yes! to the other 2 It is excellent indeed!

For the textures guppy, the main gain will be less/no hitching when they spawn in large quantities.

type=player means it has to generate the texture for EACH spawn. Type=anything else and it will check for a texture on disk(which is loaded in memory) and then use that instead.

There will be one of two things that happens on dedi, either custom textures can be edited client side and as such clients can hack the textures to whatever they want regardless of the server textures, or it will force the textures to default settings for that archetype.

The first allows for exploiting, the second disallows for custom textures on MP.

The ideal third option is textures get pushed from the server, but given their size I doubt this has been implemented.

I suspect the first option is what we will have, but I'll do some testing after work and see what happens if someone doesnt beat me to it.

Most likely as you've said, they wont push.

What size are they being generated at 512x512??

Most likely as you've said, they wont push.

What size are they being generated at 512x512??

4k by default

They possible change based on your vid settings, but then if you change vid settings after they are generated you might need to wipe that folder to reset them

Yeah, I haven't tested it on a server yet so no clue if they push or not (still waiting for some peeps to get on). Was gonna test for Lan/host also. The Cool thing is the hitching effect is way down from before.

Wouldn't surprise me if you get to before me StompyNZ So if you do find out can I get a Heads up also?

Thats not the same as 4k screen res, just the max dimentions of the texture is 4k on a side, some are 2k wide or tall tho, not exactly sure why :)

ahh not true 4K textures then. I was going to say....

sounds like they are just being atlasd and are most likely 1k or 512.

I know the ones I did before life got in the way, would average around 22MB for a diffuse compressed heavily with some really good mipmapping levels.

4k by default

They possible change based on your vid settings, but then if you change vid settings after they are generated you might need to wipe that folder to reset them

So to release a uma texture pack, one would need to do this for all resolutions?

- - - Updated - - -

Stompy, I have an experimental dedi unning on the 6200 machine. Feel free to test with that.

So to release a uma texture pack, one would need to do this for all resolutions?

nope. the bigger the texture, the better the quality of said texture (more so at very high resolutions, otherwise textures stretch, and it looks really bad).

Normally with texture packs you will make 512(default), 1k, 2k and 4k packs. If you wanted to go super silly for the really high end enthusiasts you would make a 8K texture pack. useless to everyone else however.

In most cases at 1080p, the difference between 2k and 4k isnt really noticeable unless you start to nitpick.

Mipmapping controls the texture quality based on distance (like LOD for models.)

Naturally the bigger you go, the bigger the file (roughly 22MB avg for 4K).

if you cut out mipmapping you can reduce the file size, along with changing compression/formats depending on the game.

Diffuse are usually always really big cause of the colour range needed, the rest (bump/spec) are smaller.

Cutting out alpha channels on diffuses that dont use them etc.

Lastly, so I will see a performance boost just by changing all of my umas to type equal zombie?

yes

The cpu hit generating the textures on the fly is what causes the hitching. Either way the game has to hold those textures in memory, but with the baked textures its a simple load from cache vs look up each layer/overlay and compile into a single image for each spawn.

I had no idea there was a beta test release! I'm kind of surprised they are still hacking in a16 though... That makes me wonder if a16 is further out that many suspect.

What we really need to take advantage of the texture export is the models with their UV mapping intact.

The model could then be loaded into zbrush or Photoshop, manipulated, and then exported back out.

I had no idea there was a beta test release! I'm kind of surprised they are still hacking in a16 though... That makes me wonder if a16 is further out that many suspect.

What we really need to take advantage of the texture export is the models with their UV mapping intact.

The model could then be loaded into zbrush or Photoshop, manipulated, and then exported back out.

I pretty much didn't expect a16 before april from back in december :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58939-Alpha-15-2-Experimental-B6-is-out!

- - - Updated - - -

When they get the health debuff is when the bomb becomes active.

when they see you they cast whatever is on their hand item

the buff they cast is where you add duration. As soon as they drop below 40% max health they trigger the bomb phase. That is just the standard cop controller doing that, there is no funky magic in the buffs other than forcing their health low then healing them back up.

That makes sense, and I picked up on the health being reduced and then increased afterwards, but I have no idea where to increase duration. I can change numbers, but adding additions is beyond me yet.

If I saw another zombie with the code already done I could use it as an example, but I haven't learned what coding is possible or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Guppy, I wouldn't mind doing some modelling for 7 days at all.

I have a 3d printer as well, and it'd be fun to print and paint up a spider or screamer as well.

I wasn't really expecting to see anything till April either, but now I'm thinking it'll be more like May.

When they had the poll for shorter less feature rich updates, I figured we might see released every 3 months, but I'm guessing they threw the poll results away now.

I'm trying to suss out what you mentioned, Stompy.

<buff id="SuicideBomber" duration="1" ffcheck="true" castsound="malehateattack" onexpired="SuicideBomberCharge">

<modify id="0" stat="health" setValue="20"/>

</buff>

So this says wait one second, check for a player, if a player is in range make a sound, and then go to suicide charge.

(Why is the "wait one second" in there.. or is that a requirement of the expression?

<buff id="SuicideBomberCharge" duration="40" ffcheck="true" actions="attach(ParticleEffects/p_onFire, @impact)">

<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" modifyMaxValue="2.0"/>

<modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" modifyValue="2.0"/>

<modify id="2" stat="health" setValue="500"/>

</buff>

So this lists the charge duration? (Changing the "40" to say "80" will double how long he will chase before exploding?)

If the particle effect fades at 40, can it be retriggered in the middle to double it's duration appearance?

Where in here does the fatcop explosion get triggered? (@impact?)

Also, will adding "<property name="SoundFootstepModifier" value="Animals/Bear/bear_footstep"/>" Before the speed modifier line add the charge stomp sound to suicide mole?

EDIT: Adding that ^ gave me the bandit swearing attack sounds

<buff id="Boomer" duration="40" ffcheck="true" actions="attach(ParticleEffects/p_onFire, @impact)">

<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" modifyMaxValue="2.5"/>

<modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" modifyValue="2.5"/>

<modify id="2" stat="health" setValue="20"/>

</buff>

The baby boomer code does not have that secondary charge buff that gets triggered. Is there a way to make them chase you longer? (Changing the "40" here doesn't appear to work properly.)

The desired effect I'm trying to achieve is that they chase the player fast, but for a longer period of time giving the player a fighting chance to kill them before they explode. I added a new loot table for them with good stuff like dynamite and gunpowder, so they player has a good incentive to try to kill them instead of just running to safety.

Sorry for all the questions, but without documentation I'm just shooting in the dark.

I like how the bomber magically turns into a cop corpse after he explodes. I realize there's probably no other option, but I get a kick out of it.

I've been wondering if we could accelerate the cop corpse to decay really fast, since its unlootable anyway.

Archived