Bomber Zombie

StompyNZ

I fixed the ground blowup issue on the grass, but clay doesn't seem to blow up. Is it called something else, since its different than ground?

Also, I looked, but I didn't see the entry for the burning lands charred smoking zombie.

I'd like to add that to suicide mole and the baby boomers.. any help?

• 3 weeks later...
<buff id="BabyBoomerInit" duration="8" ffcheck="true" castsound="zombiefemalescoutalert" actions="attach(ParticleEffects/p_onFire, @impact)" onexpired="BabyBoomerTrigger">

<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" modifyMaxValue="1.8"/>

<modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" modifyValue="1.8"/>

</buff>

<buff id="BabyBoomerTrigger" duration="1" ffcheck="true" actions="attach(ParticleEffects/p_onFire, @impact)" onexpired="BabyBoomerBobble">

<modify id="2" stat="health" setValue="10"/>

</buff>

<buff id="BabyBoomerBobble" duration="20" ffcheck="true" actions="attach(ParticleEffects/p_onFire, @impact)">

<modify id="2" stat="health" setValue="100"/>

</buff>

Adjust the red number to extend the duration before it triggers the second buff which activates the explosion timer

Hmmm.... shouldn't I see this referenced in the baby boomer entityclass entry?

I *might* have used Guppy's version as my base.. I don't recall now. I DO see a "boomer" entry in the buffs, but I'm I'm trying to understand what calls the buff into play for the boomer.

EDIT:

Looking at it more, the hand is attached in entity class which is in items, and the hand then gets the buff in its items entry, correct?

Also, I'm guessing it looks like the health is sort of a "timer" on the suicide bomber. The bomber's health is changed, he catches fire which does damage to him, and when his health reaches 0 he explodes, unless killed first. Is that right?

In his case, setting his health higher should extend his run duration, unless I'm wrong.

Alright all you zed creators! Robert gave us a huge gift now. We have full control over the textures in the uma texture folder :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18921[/ATTACH] Get busy!!!!

And no more needing to set them as player either..

Alright all you zed creators! Robert gave us a huge gift now. We have full control over the textures in the uma texture folder :)

Link?

Link?

No link, that is just what I did a few minutes ago. If you create a new Archetype and spawn it into the game, it will produce a texture in the UMA folder. You can then take those textures and use a 3rd party editor (gimp,paint.net, ect,.) and further alter the texture to appear in the game *This is only for the UMA stuff though* No altering the other textures yet.. well I hope down the road we get access to the other textures like this :)

So... that's good news. It's the best of both worlds then, eh? It's reading from the atlas and we can create our own textures? I'm not at all familiar with this technique, would you mind writing down the steps?

- - - Updated - - -

No link, that is just what I did a few minutes ago. If you create a new Archetype and spawn it into the game, it will produce a texture in the UMA folder. You can then take those textures and use a 3rd party editor (gimp,paint.net, ect,.) and further alter the texture to appear in the game *This is only for the UMA stuff though* No altering the other textures yet.. well I hope down the road we get access to the other textures like this :)

Oh. So if you were to say, share a UMA, you would also need to share the textures? Like if on my end I made the textures bright green, but didn't mess with them on the servers end, I could make all my zombies easily visible?

So... that's good news. It's the best of both worlds then, eh? It's reading from the atlas and we can create our own textures? I'm not at all familiar with this technique, would you mind writing down the steps?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. So if you were to say, share a UMA, you would also need to share the textures? Like if on my end I made the textures bright green, but didn't mess with them on the servers end, I could make all my zombies easily visible?

Yep you can make them pretty much appear in any hue you wanted. Or you could create your own texture for the zeds with a little work cut/ copy/ pasting them over the existing ones. If you have the proper tools you could even make your player look almost 100% like you with a photo of your face. :)

Problem.

As mentioned above, this is a great way for a client to have different textures (again with the glowing green) than the server wants, right?

I haven't tested it in a MP setting yet, still putting it through the ringer. Will test it out in a couple hours too see if it pulls from the folder on a server. Hopefully it won't be a deal were everyone needs those textures.. I can Zip up the folder if you want to test it, as I won't have anyone to test it till they get on.

I have a test server for just this kind of crap; I updated it to 15.2 and am happy to get you access to it if you want. If not, no biggie.

Ultimately, it's YOUR turn to make a video of a "how to". :)

-gups

I will probably wait till they release this into the stable branch But so far it's being very promising for the performance side of things. Even without editing the textures I can load 50 uma zeds at once with little issue. This at the very least should allow the 7th day horde with uma zeds more pleasant :)

Hm, I think I'm at around 80 or so uma's right now (I haven't actually counted, pure guessing)... hm.

Meh, I'll let you more talented people work with it more. :)

When I first started playing with them at around 50 to 60 uma zeds (at full texture) it would make my card go into a hissy fit. I could alter the archetypes and switch the zeds to type=player and get better performance. Now I don't need to switch them to player anymore and get a vast improvement. I am just doing quick stuff right now :) So it is a pretty big improvement.

Yeh all of mine are set to player anyway, but what I'm wondering is if with this fix, setting them to type=zombie is BETTER or the SAME as type=player.

If it's better (performance wise, not including the ability to edit textures) then it may be viable to update, but if it's the same, then probably not so much.

Yeh all of mine are set to player anyway, but what I'm wondering is if with this fix, setting them to type=zombie is BETTER or the SAME as type=player.

If it's better (performance wise, not including the ability to edit textures) then it may be viable to update, but if it's the same, then probably not so much.

I'll do some tests and get back to you on this. I still need to do some puter stuff, I just got impatient with the uma stuff :)

As of right now I would edit all of them to "Zombie" or "None". I just Did a Test for "Player" I get 75 UMA zeds at 15-20fps and some terrain glitches turning black. With it set to "Zombie" I can Load 100 UMA zeds at 20-25fps no terrain glitches. With it set to "None" I can Load 100 UMA zeds at 18-23fps no terrain glitches.

All uma Textures set to full using the Skater zed as the test...

Yeah I am kinda procrastinating with the reset :p

Ok, I have no idea what was released or where it was released so we have texture access.

Is this only color textures, or normal displacement maps as well?

(If it supports normal maps as well, I can do digital sculpting in zbrush and import textures or normal maps.)

Is this additive to the game textures, or do you have to use an existing one's "slot" and replace it?

Ok, I have no idea what was released or where it was released so we have texture access.

Is this only color textures, or normal displacement maps as well?

(If it supports normal maps as well, I can do digital sculpting in zbrush and import textures or normal maps.)

Is this additive to the game textures, or do you have to use an existing one's "slot" and replace it?

The best way I can explain it:

1) You make a new zed archetype idk ZobieRob. Add all the parts you want (Hair/eyes/makeup/shirts/pants/etc,.)

2) Load up the game and spawn you ZombieRob then exit the game.

3) In the umaTexure folder you will have 3 layers for ZombieRob.

4) You can then take those textures and edit them in another program (idk add different shadows, take a picture of some eyes and replace the old ones, add new wounds, etc,. *if you wanted you could take a photo and put it into it*

5) save your work and put it back into the folder.

presto you have a new zed with new skin clothing or what not.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18935[/ATTACH] Example of what you will see (plus 2 others) but as a PNG file

And no, I said just for UMA textures

Archived