New UMA Zombies

SanguumRides

Oh, but what he hasn't posted is anything that USES the zombies, so you'll still need to add them into entitygroups and whatnot.

Not horribly complicated, and is probably the best start to XML modding that I can think of besides modding recipes. You'll learn the relationship between files, which is a tremendous help.

Thanks for the responses, Guppycur...would you be able to point me to a thread or some other form of tutorial for this?

For including them in spawns? Quick and dirty way is editing entitygroups and slipping the case sensitive names into the groups you want them in.
Whaddup nme 4 lyfe bro? Ever heard that story of a queen-b. who, when she heard people were ain't havin no bread at their disposal, said those fools should, like, just eat some mutha-effin cake..? Guy's a total noob, what do you think he can use your response for, eh.

Check me out:

1. You have a so called "archetype" that decides what these zombies look like. For example here: https://gist.github.com/SanguumRides/86ac23fd2a4c17271a7aedea2b2f02ea

Each individual archetype goes from

<archetype name="...

to

</archetype>

and has to be copied into the "archetypes.xml" in the game's config-folder (located at "...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config"), right above the final

</archetypes>

2. You need to create an "entity" in the "entityclasses.xml". A super simple example could look like this:

<entity_class name="ZombieMarkHazmat" extends="zombieUMATemplateMale">
<property name="Archetype" value="ZombieMarkHazmat" />
</entity_class>

It's important to "extend" the entity from the "zombieUMATemplateMale" or "zombieUMATemplateFemale", as there are some properties in that template relevant for the UMA-zombie-types. You can call the entity the same name as the archetype, but you can give it any name (using the same might be confusing). If you like, you can alter all kinds of properties, like speed, health and whatnot.

3. The easiest way actually spawn your brand new entity, is to include it to an entitygroup, as my buddy Guppy mentioned. This is happening in the "entitygroups.xml", for example like so:

<entitygroup name="ZombiesAll">
	<entity name="ZombieMarkHazmat" />
	<entity name="zombieBoe" />

So wherever the group "ZombiesAll" is being spawned, there is a chance that the new "ZombieMarkHazmat" is spawned as well. You might also wanna look into "gamestages.xml" and figure out how to spawn a zombie as a sleeper or in a horde.

I didn't test any of this, an error might've slipped in, so if it's not working and you can't figure out what the problem is, just ask.

I think stompy collected all the uma zombies in a bad company zombie stand alone for a16. I downloaded it and installed it, and saw all the uma zombies in game.

He didn't include them in horde nights, and I don't think he created any new specific loot tables for specific zombies, but it added the assortment.

I even saw baby boomers and suicide mole in the xml files, but never got high enough days to see if they spawn.

Check the Bad Company thread for the link. (I just did this a month ago.)

I copied and pasted in all the required xmls, archetypes, entityclasses,entitygroups, loot and spawning xmls, but they don't appear in the F6 menu, so should I figure they are not in game? None of the xmls had errors while saving.
If they are not in the F6 menu, something went wrong. Open the console and look for errors, they do not always cause a pop-up. Or look at the output-log.

Good call, brains not fully up and running yet. So these are the errors I found, any suggestions?

2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.418 ERR Loading and parsing 'entitygroups.xml' (Entity with name 'snowzombie' not found)
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.418 ERR Loading of spawning aborted due to errors!
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.419 ERR   at EntityGroupsFromXml.LoadEntityGroups (System.Xml.XmlDocument _spawnXml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.435 ERR Loading and parsing 'spawning.xml' (Entity spawner 'Dog_Sm_Territorial' contains invalid group ZombieDogGroup)
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.435 ERR Loading of entity classes aborted due to errors!
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.435 ERR   at EntitySpawnerClass.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntitySpawnerClassesFromXml.LoadEntitySpawnerClasses (System.Xml.XmlDocument _spawnXml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.676 ERR Loading and parsing 'spawning.xml' (Entity group 'ZombiesNight' not existing!)
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.676 ERR Loading of materials aborted due to errors!
2018-11-02T20:16:56 19.676 ERR   at BiomeSpawningFromXml.Load (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Archived