[UI] Zompact Overhaul [A15]

DUST2DEATH

Can I interact with the armor/clothing slots on the HUD or is it just informational only?

If I can interact, is it possible to do something like this with guns in the inventory screen. In vanilla, when you click on a gun it shows the components that make up that gun. You then have to click assemble to interact with the components. I want to interact with the components right there in the inventory screen. It would make swapping and combining components so much easier.

After we were deprived of a right click, the only thing we can do for convenience management is to group the buttons closer to each other to minimize mouse movement...

Pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I interact with the armor/clothing slots on the HUD or is it just informational only?

If I can interact, is it possible to do something like this with guns in the inventory screen. In vanilla, when you click on a gun it shows the components that make up that gun. You then have to click assemble to interact with the components. I want to interact with the components right there in the inventory screen. It would make swapping and combining components so much easier.

HUD Clothing is interactable, absolutely.

It drags/drops like the normal clothing in the character screen. Shift Clicking works as expected as well to and from those items.

The guns, Im not sure. There is 2 different screens/controllers involved. Id have to play around and see. No Promises.

Hi Dust2Death, I'm using the 200 slot backpack and anything in the extra slots stay when I start a new. and I do have the right .dll.

and the quest system is overlapped with the added items the ui glitches to the item boxes go black and the map doubles.

Investigating....

the ui glitches to the item boxes go black and the map doubles.

How are you triggering this? I cant repo.

The quest tracker Im aware of, which is why I bumped it quickly in Lite yesterday, although collected items do sit on top of the quest tracker when it overlaps.

The Slots holding items as far as I can tell is intended. (the backpack slots/minibike slots arent my mod, I simply did the edits for you )

----------

If Loot.xml for the backpack is 11,20 (which I currently have as it follows the pattern of the other items "small,large" it holds items on exit/load, also brings them into new games. Shift clicking items into inventory works for every slot.

If Loot.xml for the backpack is 20,11 (which is how Stallionsden's instructions mention) It holds on exit/load/new game, but you cant shift click items into slots 33+.

If Loot.xml remains unchanged from defaults "5,10" everything drops as expected on exit/load/new game but the console throws some errors on load as the items no longer exist.

Im not sure what way to go here as its not my mod. see Backpack OP regarding instructions, mentions of holding items. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

My inventory (in regards to the UI overhaul itself) has no actual changes from vanilla other than cosmetic.

Zompact Full & Lite 1.1a are available. Mostly fixes, and parity between lite and full versions.

DOWNLOAD FROM DROPBOX - ZOMPACT FULL V1.1a

DOWNLOAD FROM DROPBOX - ZOMPACT Lite V1.1a

Changes:

Full:

Active Buffs moved to Toolbelt Group -

--Minimizes client crashing on exit of a MP server to a single line.

Quest Tracker Fixes

Collected Items moved to bottom left.

Active buffs adjusted to Lite 1.1

Lite:

Active Buffs moved to Toolbelt Group -

--Minimizes client crashing on exit of MP server to a single line.

Collected Items moved to bottom left.

Zompact Full Quest Tracker bought over

Removed left over vehicle info that got missed during lite conversion.

YES! Finally somebody made 200 slot UI and I won't have do it myself after every update. :D

Ha, you're welcome :)

Finally worked passed a rather large roadblock yesterday in regards to the UI placement.

Should be able to do something a lot more creative. Time will tell.

hey love the mod, question, if i wanted my background on the backpack and stuff to be Black instead of transparent, what is needed to be changed.

Hi, Im pleased to hear you like the mod

in controls.xml,

line 222. in the item_stack3 group.

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="50" height="50" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

change fillcenter="true"

What else are you wanting to change? so I can be more specific..

Hi, Im pleased to hear you like the mod

in controls.xml,

line 222. in the item_stack3 group.

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="50" height="50" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

change fillcenter="true"

What else are you wanting to change? so I can be more specific..

Hello. Great job on the mod. I would also like to know if you can make the wood chest and storage crates background black also. I would also appreciate if you can tell me how to make the boxes in them squares again instead of rectangles. If possible for all of the lootable boxes, containers, etc, to be squares again. Thanks.

Hello. Great job on the mod. I would also like to know if you can make the wood chest and storage crates background black also. I would also appreciate if you can tell me how to make the boxes in them squares again instead of rectangles. If possible for all of the lootable boxes, containers, etc, to be squares again. Thanks.

Hi and Thanks :)

yes and no.

to make the background black:

controls.xml, line 201:

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="75" height="50" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

change to true.

The other request will involve more edits then you currently want to do I suspect.

You would also in its current form need to make a new style for that item stack.

That said, it is being addressed along with everything else that has been raised, so if anyone else has more feedback Im all ears and will do my best to get it into the new version. No eta yet.

Need Help

Hey guys , I congratulate them for their great work.

I need your big help. I'm a girl noob. I have 15 days reading and trying to

to combine 3 mods. but it is a failure:sorrow:. I need your help to

to combine 3 mods.

A15 Better Balance Mod

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?51853-MOD-A15-Better-Balance-Mod-Spikes-guns-mining-building-etc-improvements

A15 Valmod Expansion pack (not Overhaul)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack

Only Combined Zompact Overhaul (backpack + minibike) 200 slots.

If anyone could join those 3 mods. I'd appreciate it, because I'm frustrated because so much error. Thank you very much for your good work guys

Excuse my poor English

Valmod is pretty easy to integrate. Ive already discussed this with Valmar and done a test integration with overhaul.

Better Survival looking at the files should basically just drop in (apart from the loot.xml, you will need to merge the backpack (id 41) and minibike (id 62) into his loot.xml.)

[ if 1.1a, then just the minibike as the backpack is at vanilla (if you want the backpack to save items, follow stallionsden's instructions in his op to change the loot count of the backpack in loot.xml) ]

Merging both of those together, I think will be huge task.

You, or whomever, will also while merging need to make sure block id's dont conflict, or that you dont run out of addressable id's. (Im not sure if there is a upper limit, there is mention of it at the bottom of the blocks.xml file).

Both are doing the same/similiar thing, with valmod (at first appearances) the more complex (valmod also has window changes to the UI and crafting stations). - required tool changes which effect the vanilla campfire and workstation.

I'll shoot Valmar a message and see what his thoughts are.

High DUST2DEATH I've put to more smeltering windows on the forge, so what do I have to move to make room

What size is your input grid? very curious to how big you have made it.

depending what you are trying to do, and assuming you are only wanting to move input,output,and bank you are interested in this section.

windows.xml, starting line 603:

<!-- Input -->
<rect name="contentInput" pos="125,-23" width="147" height="153" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron,brass,lead,glass,stone,clay" valid_materials_color="[green]" invalid_materials_color="[red]">
	<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" height="153" color="[transparent]" type="sliced" fillcenter="true" on_press="true" />	
	<rect name="content" depth="1" [color="#FFFF00"]pos="0,-23"[/color] height="153">	

<grid depth="7" rows="2" cols="1" pos="0,0" cell_width="50" cell_height="50" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputGrid" repeat_content="true">
			<item_stack3 name="0"/>
		</grid>

</rect>

<rect name="contentForgeBank" depth="0" [color="#FFFF00"]pos="160,0"[/color] width="100" height="148">
		<sprite depth="1" color="[mediumGrey]" type="sliced" on_press="true"/>
		<grid rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="24"  repeat_content="true">
			<forge_material name="0"/>
		</grid>
	</rect>
</rect>
<!-- Output -->
<rect name="contentOutput" depth="0" [color="#FFFF00"]pos="185,-23"[/color] height="100" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
	<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="100" color="0,0,0,1" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />	
		<grid name="inventory" rows="3" cols="2" pos="0,0" cell_width="50" cell_height="50" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">
			<item_stack3 name="0"/>
		</grid>
</rect>

adjust those 3 position values for input, output and bank as needed.

Made good progress on what Im calling 2.0 today. :)

Archived