War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Thx dwallorde for the fast responses,

than you say you reworked Class System with 5.2 - that would need a fresh start ?

(I hate fresh start because everything is so slow at the beginning ...)

Yes the amount of work going into 5.2 will require a restart. But that is still quite a ways away from release. The current class's system is a little buggy

Dwallorde - "Which server provider are you using?"

My server host is Fragnet - windows platform. I have access to all the dll files via ftp. I've got the Starvation mod up now so I'll stick with that for a while but hopefully this issue can be fixed at some point. I've played WotW on US servers and it looks pretty good. - 103.57.73.4:25100 is my Aussie now Starvation server.

Dwallorde - "Which server provider are you using?"

My server host is Fragnet - windows platform. I have access to all the dll files via ftp. I've got the Starvation mod up now so I'll stick with that for a while but hopefully this issue can be fixed at some point. I've played WotW on US servers and it looks pretty good. - 103.57.73.4:25100 is my Aussie now Starvation server.

I dont have a server yet. When or if I do it will be using Bluefang Solutions.

Mac Help

Thank you so much for all of the time and effort making this mod! It's great and I will enjoy playing it :D

I do have a question, however (and maybe a solution to people with Mac issues):

The way the graphic files are called in the xml files (specifically controls.xml, styles.xml, and windows.xml) doesn't really work with the Mac system. I've gone through and changed them to the correct file path no problem.

However, within the game, the Mod itemicons don't show up (vanilla itemicons are fine). So, for example, any of the items added to the mod are blank with just the quantity or quality number in the inventory, toolbelt, or craft list. I'm making do with hovering over to get the description for now, but being able to quickly search through my inventory would be such a timesaver.

Will you please let me know which files those "itemicons" are called in to so I can update the file paths properly? Sorry if listing out all the filenames is a pain. I've tried searching on my own and I can't find them myself.

quick question. how do you get/make calipers? i can't find any and i need them for the weapon forge and blueprint forge.

You gotta find those, as per the vanilla Alpha updates in the older versions.

Calipers can(could) be found in Working Stiff Crates, randomly from some zombies and can be bought from the Traders(I got mine from a wandering Trader). But as far as I know they cannot be made or crafted in any way. It's a precision measuring equipment after all.

Would be nice to have a separate Room on Discord for WoW - because some questions are just so different and no vanilla player could help ...

e.g. how to get another class paper to start the next class - it really sucks that you can't grow some stuff anymore without the scholar or cant simply create drinks on the fly .. aehm go ...;-)

Loving the mod so far. A couple questions.

1) Can I use a different UI

2) Can I change the number / size of the player crafting slots? I am having trouble seeing them because they are so small.

3) Can I use a different backpack mod? Again the icons and tool tips are difficult to see.

Hi everyone!

I want to run this mod on my linux server. The only Problem I have is: if i push the Data with the mv command to the 7days folder it does not overwrite them. it just adds a new folder with the same name.

Does anyone know where I go wrong?

Tanks in advance

jaybe

Hello together,

since the new Version of the Mod the game uses nearly 5gb ram sitting idle at the serverselection. when started a game it jumos up to 7.3 gig... someone said the same some pages ago but get no answer. is this the new standard or is there a problem with allocating the memory?

regards pman

Howdy folks, quick question. I've been having trouble finding nitrate. Does it still have ore at bedrock under the wasteland and snow biomes? All I've found is lead and tungten. Thanks for any help.

All ores now have the same chance to appear in any biome. In my experience playing WotW nitrate, lead, and coal are now harder to find. And feels like being "replaced" by tungsten and copper & zinc.

Hey guys,

i have a massive bug so i can´t play this mod. :(

I did a clean A16.4 install and instelled the WOTD + Backpack mod via the 7D2D Mod Launcher.

Second i tried a install via the file from the start post.

When i start the game my mous is very laggy.

When i move the mouse over a button it takes about 10 seconds to light the next button (Options to new game etc.)

Is this already a common bug? :/

Never got this issue on Vanilla or Starvation mod tho.

Thanks for your help. :)

Hey guys,

I did a clean A16.4 install and instelled the WOTD + Backpack mod via the 7D2D Mod Launcher.

When i move the mouse over a button it takes about 10 seconds to light the next button (Options to new game etc.)

This is a very unusual issue. Let's see if we can figure it out.

Re-trigger the problem through the Mod Launcher. Then, go to the View Menu, and click on Log Files. You'll see two options in the drop down box, one for 7d2dlauncher.txt and output_log.txt. Click on the output_log.txt, and then Upload Log button. It will give you a pastebin.com link. If you can copy that link here, I'll take a look for you.

Hey guys,

When i first time instaled this mod it happen to me also. I find out that i had some files in mod directory which were causing it. When i delete them everything was working fine.

But you are saying you made fresh install so its really strange. Btw by fresh install you mean you delete all files from 7d2d directory first and after verification on steam? Or just only verification. Because like this all files which are from mods will stay there and steam only replace real game data.

Re-trigger the problem through the Mod Launcher. Then, go to the View Menu, and click on Log Files. You'll see two options in the drop down box, one for 7d2dlauncher.txt and output_log.txt. Click on the output_log.txt, and then Upload Log button. It will give you a pastebin.com link. If you can copy that link here, I'll take a look for you.

Okay, i will do that when i´m back at home later.

When i first time instaled this mod it happen to me also. I find out that i had some files in mod directory which were causing it. When i delete them everything was working fine.

But you are saying you made fresh install so its really strange. Btw by fresh install you mean you delete all files from 7d2d directory first and after verification on steam? Or just only verification. Because like this all files which are from mods will stay there and steam only replace real game data.

I uninstalled the game via Steam and deleted the rest of the 7D2D folder.

Then a complete new installation via Steam.

I will look into the mod directory later when i´m back at home. :)

actually i experienced this on both of my computers the VERY FIRST TIME after each clean install, however i also found the solution:

annoying as this may be, just load up the game and go do something for a while... let it load in the menu and just wait it out.. eventually it will load all the way in and you can use the menu like normal.. play the game everything will be fine... next time you load up the game the lag will be gone, menus will work like normal... this only happens the first time, just be sure to let it load all the way in otherwise it is going to do this until you do.

Hi everyone!

I want to run this mod on my linux server. The only Problem I have is: if i push the Data with the mv command to the 7days folder it does not overwrite them. it just adds a new folder with the same name.

Does anyone know where I go wrong?

'cd' into that new directory and 'mv' all files from it one directory up. Ex:

Assuming you have steam installed under user "steam" in "/home/steam" directory. And you downloaded the zip file into /tmp directory.

cd '/home/steam/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server'
unzip /tmp/WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github-master.zip'
mv -f WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github-master/* .
rm -f WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github-master

Dwallorde

Just wanted to let you know that today I GOT stuck inside of the traders fence area for about 15 minutes trying to get out. There were 2 NPC's outside the fence shooting Z's ..... AND ..... I kept getting the Null Reference error message .... I would hit f1 or ESC move a Foot or SO and it would pop-up again .. took about 15+ minutes ... doing the same thing over and over again until I got some distance between ME .. the Trader .. and the NPC's ........ Finally got back to base before existing game.

I took a screenshot ... but the file size was to big for here. 3.63mb

I checked it out but now it works! :smile-new:

All i need to do is to switch to an other tab/app and go back to 7D2D and now it runs smooth.

Here is the log file: https://pastebin.com/QKZgRMsE

Thanks for you help mate. :)

I'll give you an example;

What I'm doing with your mod (Only for me)

workbench Minibike Station

minibikeChassis,

minibikeSeat,

minibikeWheels,

padlock,

minibikeHandlebars,

shoppingBasketItem,

carBattery, smallEngine.

Minibike Station Book After Reading the Book

Recipes All

Clothing military station:

militaryFiber

militaryGloves

militaryHelmet

militaryBoots

militaryLegArmor

militaryVest

This one has to find the book Clothing military.

All Weapons and Clothes and Tools Level 600 When you reach level 200

All

<setvalue skill_level = "0" value = "100" />

<setvalue skill_level = "1" value = "150" />

<setvalue skill_level = "2" value = "200" />

<setvalue skill_level = "3" value = "250" />

<setvalue skill_level = "4" value = "300" />

<setvalue skill_level = "5" value = "350" />

<setvalue skill_level = "6" value = "400" />

<setvalue skill_level = "7" value = "450" ​​/>

<setvalue skill_level = "8" value = "500" />

<setvalue skill_level = "9" value = "550" />