War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

BTW: The Remington 8 uses "32mm" ammo. Accoriding to wikipedia the remington has the caliber .32 which is afaik 0.32 inch, which would be 8,22mm. 32mm would be more a caliber used for a stationary flak or or even a grenadelauncher :D

Also you have a 556mm ammo. That would mean the bullet would have a diameter of over half a meter that's larger than some ship guns. :D I guess with that you meant 5,56mm standard NATO ammo. ;)

I've seen some other calibers in your mod where i guess you mixed up the american caliber .xx (inch) with european mm.

It's not just this mod - it's the format TFP use. This is in the vanilla items.xml:

<item id="153" name="762mmBullet">

Granted, a 762 mm bullet would be pretty large - some 30 inches in diameter lol.

It's not just this mod - it's the format TFP use. This is in the vanilla items.xml:

<item id="153" name="762mmBullet">

I understand that you don't want to use a comma or dot in variable name in the code from a programmers point of view. I'd exactly do it like that. But the vanilla wording is at least by the translation changed to 7,62. So IN the game it's correctly displayed as 7,62mm.

And in case of the Remington, it is 32 but it is (0).32 (inch) not millimeter at all.

The .44 Magnum bullet is also named "44MagBullet" in the xml. There is no "mm" in the name.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

Ok I now understand what you were correctly pointing out, and it will be an easy fix for the mod - just did it for the 32mm in my own game files making it 32cal instead. And could make it display as ".32" or ".32 cal" with the localization file as well I believe. Mine is just using the file name at the moment.

20170929160821_1.jpg.4e42bd7b0e455c6833b74800ee69e762.jpg

Edited by wes3840 (see edit history)

Thank you for all the hard work.

I just want to say thank you. I've got 2k hours plus playing 7 days, and the majority of it has been playing with your mod. I just wanted to say thank you for the work you put in when the game updates, and adding all the fun to the game you do. After playing the war of the walkers mod, vanilla 7 days leaves quite a bit to be desired. I know several people say how much they love your mod, and I do too. Your work on this is very, very much appreciated. Thank you.

Fantastic mod. Also crafting question.

I play with two other guys and this mod has reinvigorated the game for us. It's really good.

Does anyone out there know how to craft Kevlar armor? I am Protector class 3, I have 73 Kevlar ready to go, and I crafted an armor specific workbench. But I can't find any place to craft the armor. There is no craft option. And the skill tree for Kevlar cannot be purchased.

I play with two other guys and this mod has reinvigorated the game for us. It's really good.

Does anyone out there know how to craft Kevlar armor? I am Protector class 3, I have 73 Kevlar ready to go, and I crafted an armor specific workbench. But I can't find any place to craft the armor. There is no craft option. And the skill tree for Kevlar cannot be purchased.

Tailors Workstation

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to say thank you. I've got 2k hours plus playing 7 days, and the majority of it has been playing with your mod. I just wanted to say thank you for the work you put in when the game updates, and adding all the fun to the game you do. After playing the war of the walkers mod, vanilla 7 days leaves quite a bit to be desired. I know several people say how much they love your mod, and I do too. Your work on this is very, very much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot

Hey there love the mod, just wondering would it be wise to wait for the updated version or install the current version and apply the updated version over it at a later stage.

Myth.

You should wait since v5.1 will make changes that will require a new game start (from what I've read so far).

War of the Walkers Mod V5.1 B49 Release

It's here and its ready for you! The big V5.1 Update is out! Below is a summary update log with the key features and changes but the trello page will have the complete list. This is too much to copy and past over :)

Important Info for updating:

1, A new game may be recommended due to the updated prefab pack that has changed the height map. But old save games should be fine, just expect some map issues when traveling to a new zone for the first time.

2, 1 Feature changes the way recipes are unlocked. This may actually reset your learned recipes to be locked again. I apoligize in advance. You can always spawn in the recipes in the creative menu for the ones you really want to have back rather than just finding in loot. Up to server admins to decide to support that. Again this may or MAY NOT effect your unlocked recipes.

3, With meat changes to generic white or red raw meat, the old raw pork, chicken, etc are now obsolete. All recipes now use the new meat. The old meat should be scrappable into the new type of meat. Simply select the meat and select scrap. This scrap recipe will be removed in a future update so use it while you can.

4, Any gunsafes that you have placed before V5.1 will be needed to be destroyed and re crafted due to the new Lockpicking Feature. Especially for PvP Servers. Other wise those safes can be unlocked by a lockpick.

Update Notes:

Key Features:

• Bigger Backpack Mod Support (Seperate NON - EAC Mod)
  • Bigger Minibike Storage (EAC Friendly)
  • Craft Menu Lag Fix by sphereii (Included in NON-EAC Mod Version)
  • Lock picking (Craft Lock picks in the forge and equip them in your tool belt and target doors or safes to unlock them)
  • Class Bonus Perks (For class specialized perks such as science and tool crafting. Unlocked Crafting with up to 600 Quality, faster Repairs and Faster Crafting)
  • UI Improvements for the Forge Input Window, Crafting Que, and Quest Reward Window (Credit to Sirillion)
  • Fat and Burnt Zombie Hordes
  • Strawberry and Blackberry Farming (With new Strawberry Jam Sandwich Recipe and Blackberry Recipe)
  • Updated SMX
  • Updated Compopack
  • Hand Weeder (Item used for quickly clearing grass and getting chance for harvesting berries in grass)
  • New Custom Icons (New Buff Icons, New Item Icons, New Seed Icons for all seeds, Ground Dirt Block Icons to help tell the difference between them)
  • Localization Improvements by sphereii (Items/Blocks now show crafting station required with any tools needed in the description window)
  • Steel Claw Hammer (Upgrades Blocks faster than claw hammer which has been nerfed)
  • Survivors and Bandits are Back!
  • New Traveling Traders (Cannot be killed, and have much smaller inventories)

Changes:

• Reduced Chance for Birds Nest (Requires new Game)
  • Reduced Chance for Mushrooms (Requires new Game)
  • Utility Worker and other zombies with same walk type now has the burnt zombie walk type
  • Boss Zombies now have more health
  • Player Starter Crafted Can be Picked Up after placed (In case its placed before the quest triggers)
  • Loot Optimizations
  • Removed Advanced Tool Smithing Perk (No Uses)
  • Herbal Antibiotics Campfire Recipe now crafted at Mortar and Pestle
  • HD Wrench has Increased Harvest Amount
  • Repair amounts for all Upgrading Tools
  • Wrench can repair damaged blocks but can no longer upgrade them
  • HD Wrench can repair blocks but can no longer upgrade them
  • Claw Hammer Upgrade offset now 3 from 2
  • Block Upgrade Hit Counts

Fixes:

• Quality Level 1 Tools after having craft skill upgraded by quest, No longer will happen from quests but if you see this still after updating just level you player up
  • Bandit NPC Code
  • Survivor NPC Code
  • Class Papers can't be scrapped
  • Schematics can't be scrapped
  • Apple Seed Recipe Locking
  • Wheat Seed Recipe Locking
  • Localzation Issues found by sphereii
  • All Class Papers not in loot
  • Spotlight Perk not locking recipe
  • Crates Challenge Quest

-Envul is updated

-Mod Launcher is updated

-Mod Launcher BBM Version will be added later

Edited by dwallorde (see edit history)

Is 5.1 on the Mod Launcher?

Seems to be, thats what I am using.

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of things...

( 1 )

Got errors at different times :

7_Days_To_Die_2017_10_01_19_34_51_955.png

7_Days_To_Die_2017_10_01_21_09_30_376.png

7_Days_To_Die_2017_10_01_21_14_22_440.png

( 2 )

Also when right clicking with Scrap Iron Axe to upgrade a door, unless I am missing something it kept on cycling fixing it, down grading it to fixing it again. Keeps doing this continuously.

( 3 )

NPC, attack animation doesn't work, and weapons are positioned incorrectly.

7_Days_To_Die_2017_10_01_20_57_23_104.png

( 4 )

POI not sure if it is correct ?

7_Days_To_Die_2017_10_01_20_48_54_049.png

7_Days_To_Die_2017_10_01_20_40_40_530.png

Was bascially half destroyed when found.

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod