War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

A custom, unreleased tool, which will be released. It only caught about half your localization issues, and fixed them automatically. But the last few ones are trickier to catch, since there's not a lot of context clues about which comma should be inside of the sentence vs not.

That sounds wicked. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a fan of localization. Don't really like the setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to see how the bandits work out in the next patch, any thoughts on adding in a larger minibike storage?

Yes. I now know that the minibike storage doesn't need a modified dll file or whatever so doing that will still be EAC friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know why I'm a protection class person but I can't craft Iron Armor? It tells me I don't have the required recipe..When I go into Skills it says 0/5 Iron Armor.. Can't buy the skillpoints and for requirements it says "Protection Class 2 1" which is strange

Have you completed the protection class training quest chain?

A few thoughts after playing the mod quite a bit -

Its great and thanks for making it, I can't even play the base game anymore lol. I have noticed the Marksman class part 3 doesn't seem to reward everything properly, I get the shotgun but not the loot crate or the splatter gun perk (I think this is due to the shotgun skill not being the right rank and the perk being locked). I think some of the class quests have rewards that might have been for A15 still listed too because some say tool smithing + 20 or something like that. I like the class quests rewards but I think the golden tipped machete is too overpowered for the fighter questline, when I choose that as my first class I get an insanely good weapon that one shots almost every zombie early game even on insane difficulty. Not sure what to do for that questline, maybe just reward the golden hunting knife? Although that's more a personal preference than a bug. Also I'm not sure how people feel about craftable car batteries and small engines I personally think those should be recipes included in the base game TFP needs to find a better solution to that other than wrenching cars IMO. I'm going to add those in myself, just a thought about adding them to the mod.

That sounds wicked. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a fan of localization. Don't really like the setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I now know that the minibike storage doesn't need a modified dll file or whatever so doing that will still be EAC friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you completed the protection class training quest chain?

yes I have completed the protection class training quests. It lets me craft Iron Chest armor, but none of the others.

Is there a wikia for this mod? There are a few things I don't understand such as where to use the class keys, how to get worms (cant seem to find any from digging), some class questions etc

the class i cant help you but the worms are you using the latest update of the mod not the 5.0.5 but 5.0.6?

the previous version doesn't have the worm in it.

A few thoughts after playing the mod quite a bit -

Its great and thanks for making it, I can't even play the base game anymore lol. I have noticed the Marksman class part 3 doesn't seem to reward everything properly, I get the shotgun but not the loot crate or the splatter gun perk (I think this is due to the shotgun skill not being the right rank and the perk being locked). I think some of the class quests have rewards that might have been for A15 still listed too because some say tool smithing + 20 or something like that. I like the class quests rewards but I think the golden tipped machete is too overpowered for the fighter questline, when I choose that as my first class I get an insanely good weapon that one shots almost every zombie early game even on insane difficulty. Not sure what to do for that questline, maybe just reward the golden hunting knife? Although that's more a personal preference than a bug. Also I'm not sure how people feel about craftable car batteries and small engines I personally think those should be recipes included in the base game TFP needs to find a better solution to that other than wrenching cars IMO. I'm going to add those in myself, just a thought about adding them to the mod.

+1 about the golden machette being way too strong. No need any weapon but this except in day 7.

I am not sure if it is something that can be fixed or not, but if you complete a class quest that gives items as a reward and have no space in your backpack they disappear.

One thing that has always bugged me about this game is the fact that you can not have any helmet but the miners with a light on them. If you can duct tape a flashlight to a football helmet why cant you do the same for others. I did some modding of xml files and had lighted versions working for all helmet types. If you would like to use it let me know I can provide you with what i did.

I am not sure if it is something that can be fixed or not, but if you complete a class quest that gives items as a reward and have no space in your backpack they disappear.

One thing that has always bugged me about this game is the fact that you can not have any helmet but the miners with a light on them. If you can duct tape a flashlight to a football helmet why cant you do the same for others. I did some modding of xml files and had lighted versions working for all helmet types. If you would like to use it let me know I can provide you with what i did.

Good day .. Just a Thought .. Craftworx has that in his Mod for 7D2D .. Also a good 7D2D mod and very enjoyable to play.

PS: .... Dwallorde hope you don't mind me passing another mod about .. but it is also a Fun mod.

Thank you for a great mod, hoping for the NPC's to come back soon.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

We seem to be having an issue with the spotlight skill as well. My husband has completed the tradesman quest line and put points into the spotlight skill but can not craft them at the workbench.

Is there a different work station that we need to use to craft them?

I'll check this out. I got a feeling it may be linked to the wrong block which is the POI version which doesn't have a recipe.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 about the golden machette being way too strong. No need any weapon but this except in day 7.

I'll look into balancing this.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Not that I now of. I think I did try mentioning in the info for those quests saying to make sure you have room. If no room is available I believe it drops the rewards at your feet upon completion.

2. I can defiantly add more lighted hats. I'll try for v5.1

- - - Updated - - -

Can I use the Bigger Backpack Mod?

72 slots Valmod

V5.0.5 (B30) r9.3.2017 Alpha 16.3 (b12) in use 100%

Very good your mod incredible

It can be done. I currently haven't used the backpack mod but I do want to look into supporting it in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing as melee fighter, I can't craft usable bow. It says that it's broken or missing parts. Same with crossbow. It's really annoying that I can use ranged weapon from scavenging only.

Sounds like the bug the Occurs when you complete a class quest that rewards crafting skill points and if you weren't high enough to buy those perks yourself this is what happens. Leveling your player will fix this.

I got a fix for this in the works.

How can i craft a spiked club with this mod? I have the skill club crafting at 2, which allows me to craft barbwired clubs, but i can't craft spiked clubs. What is missing? Do i require a receipe for that? Can this only be done by a special class?

It's really hard with this mod to find out what is missing if you can't craft a special thing. I also found out by accident, that you need the scholar class for being able to craft aloe vera seeds.

I never found any class paper other than survivalist in loot. And if i unterstood above comments right, crafting you own class papers is currently broken, because you can't scrap specific class papers?

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

How can i craft a spiked club with this mod? I have the skill club crafting at 2, which allows me to craft barbwired clubs, but i can't craft spiked clubs. What is missing? Do i require a receipe for that? Can this only be done by a special class?

It's really hard with this mod to find out what is missing if you can't craft a special thing. I also found out by accident, that you need the scholar class for being able to craft aloe vera seeds.

I never found any class paper other than survivalist in loot. And if i unterstood above comments right, crafting you own class papers is currently broken, because you can't scrap specific class papers?

the spike club is like the vanilla one you need the schematic.

Hey Dwallorde!

Just letting you know the Green Tea Extract recipe calls for plant fiber in game, yet in the xml it calls for yucca fiber. I was watching BoreKplays doing a live stream and he asked how to make it and I looked it up in the xml and found that.

Love the work you have done!

One or two question:

- How crafting the CLASS only items? Not buy skill points, because "only etc. class..." description?

- Why not optimalizate loot? I found the middle size village. Loot from 4-5 house, 1 quality joe, and tada: 4 chest full loot. 1 Chest full guns... Not optimalizate?

- If use SMX, why NOT USE SMX BIG STORAGE? This modpack very-very need BIG storage...

- Some items icons not visible.

- The zombi spawning decrease? lot of house not spawning sleeper zombie...

- The NPC-s and Bandit not incuded the a16?

Please help me the SMX big storage mod integrated this modpack.

Thanks a lot, a GOOD WORK! Awsome modpack!! (One of the hungarian youtbe streamer with this modpack...)

Edited by DevEagle (see edit history)

Sounds like the bug the Occurs when you complete a class quest that rewards crafting skill points and if you weren't high enough to buy those perks yourself this is what happens. Leveling your player will fix this.

I got a fix for this in the works.

Bow crafting uses weapon crafting skill, right? Then every other melee weapon would be the same, but it doesn't.

Anyway, thx. Also I found survialist class magazine, finished questline and crafted bow with quality according to my weapon crafting skill.

P.S.: What is advanced tool crafting stands for?

Spiked club is still a schematic.

Class papers can't be scrapped but yes they can be crafted.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Dwallorde!

Just letting you know the Green Tea Extract recipe calls for plant fiber in game, yet in the xml it calls for yucca fiber. I was watching BoreKplays doing a live stream and he asked how to make it and I looked it up in the xml and found that.

Love the work you have done!

Xml name for plant fibers is yucca fibers. Localization changes it to plant fibers in game.

One or two question:

- How crafting the CLASS only items? Not buy skill points, because "only etc. class..." description?

- Why not optimalizate loot? I found the middle size village. Loot from 4-5 house, 1 quality joe, and tada: 4 chest full loot. 1 Chest full guns... Not optimalizate?

- If use SMX, why NOT USE SMX BIG STORAGE? This modpack very-very need BIG storage...

- Some items icons not visible.

- The NPC-s and Bandit not incuded the a16?

Please help me the SMX big storage mod integrated this modpack.

Thanks a lot, a GOOD WORK! Awsome modpack!! (One of the hungarian youtbe streamer with this modpack...)

1. Can you rephrase that please

2. Loot optimization will happen.

3. Bigger backpack will be supported. Just not yet. Bigger minibike storage for sure coming in v5.1

4. Can you please tell me the names of the items not showing icons so I can check files

5. I didn't change much to sleeper Spawning. If nothing is Spawning can you screenshot the prefab so I can see if it's one of my own?

6. Survivor NPC's and Bandits are coming in V5.1

I wouldn't say "a lot", but there are some prefabs where no sleeper seem to spawn.

In Vanillaprefabs the sleeper spawning works as expected. I guess some of the custom prefabs used by the mod simply don't have sleeper volumes placed (or they are broken).

I recently moved into a mid to big-size villa. I haven't seen one sleeper there when i first discovered the prefab and haven't seen yet a single sleeper after 2 weeks of living there, even not when we accidentally removed the protecting sleeping bag. Anyway just the sleeping bag would not cover the whole prefab.

I can post screenshots of this prefab when we continue playing next time.

But i like it anyway. Since there is no really working protection against sleepers besides the bedroll, there are at least some prefabs where they won't spawn.

1. Can you rephrase that please

I guess he means skills listet in the skill list, but just showing "NA" instead of how much skillpoints the skill should cost. Skills you can't buy for skillpoints, but you get by reading class papers (or complete skill quests?).

I think he wants to know how to craft the class papers which make you able to gain these skills.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod