War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Hi there,

Is the weapon station working? I bought the perk for Berretta Shotgun parts crafting after finishing the Marksman Class quests and made a weaponsmithing workstation but the only recipes available are Lead,Clay,Iron & Brass. How do you craft weapon parts?

Try downloading latest version. Sounds like your running my mod 2 versions ago where those recipes were missing. They should be back now.

Zombies Boss aren't really a problem to deal with, even in day 7 hordes where I fight without a base. I play all option standard, difficulty is normal. Maybe I haven't fight the best yet.

No the ones in there are basically going to be early game bosses. I'll be adding feral and radiated version of them for later game Spawning.

No the ones in there are basically going to be early game bosses. I'll be adding feral and radiated version of them for later game Spawning.

I guess I ll have to slow down my progression then, I wouldn't want to miss them.

this mod is fun and all but it has so much issues, i completed a quest from the trades class and now i only make lvl 1 tools

this is not fun.

Have faith .. IT Gets better as you level and put yours point in the proper Skills ...... ALSO that is the way it was in the beginning with weapons and tools ... until you learned the skill to make better ones ... Hope you took .. ( Marksman Class ) Have Fun and Enjoy

I had this same issue, the problem is you got +1 to tool smithing as a reward and you are currently a higher toolsmithing level than your level will allow, once you hit the level required for your current tool smithing level then it'll start making tools properly

That's what it is that's causing it to do that. Huh. I may have a solution then. Instead of a quest point reward it gives you a item that u use to gain the point. This way I think you can't use it until you are allowed.

Great News for V5.1,

NPC Survivor and Bandits should make a return! So far I have fixed the Survivor code and no more errors and they can be attacked and killed! So this fix should work for bandits too and then I can add both back in. Of course this wont be until V5.1 is released.

Great News for V5.1,

NPC Survivor and Bandits should make a return! So far I have fixed the Survivor code and no more errors and they can be attacked and killed! So this fix should work for bandits too and then I can add both back in. Of course this wont be until V5.1 is released.

Sounds awesome!! cant wait for that. Loving this mod so much right now. Thanks for all the hard work you do in updating this mod.

thank you.

And yes the fix worked for the bandits! So both bandits and survivors are in for V5.1

Very nice, the bandits make it much more interesting and the survivors make the game world a little less empty. I also like to spawn 2-3 survivors in my base for guard dogs and companions. They help if the wall is breached i can snipe from above while they take the zeds on hand to hand. its alot of fun to watch.

Looking to set this up on a server, anyone have a quick guide to do this?

Ive got it running on a server hosted by %%%%%%% (wont give them free advertising) and it runs not too bad.

Simply you just upload the mod files via the FTP interface and let them overwrite the game files and start your game. Id advise waiting till final version of the mod is out because uploading via FTP takes quite a bit of time if you have to upload whole mod over and over.

I noticed some lag with the mod with opening windows and such, gets worse if you have 1 or more forges running and cooking on the fire same time. Dragging and dropping ingredients to and from forges is tricky because of the lag but overall its not too bad. I just stop the forge when im trying to add or remove materials then turn it back on when im done.

I tweaked the server mod a bit. I like tougher zombies and more danger

I added all the boss zombies to the random world spawn so they are everywhere.

Added soldiers and prison guards as well. Because of their body armor they are alot tougher to kill

Added the radiated cops to world spawns

Its a fun mod , It definitely not boring lol

Had zombies set to always run but new people were getting slaughtered so set it back to default

Edited by Mike c (see edit history)

Yea, if you know how to use filezilla or fire ftp, etc you can upload the mod files to your server of choice. If not, there are plenty of tutorials on google that will show you how to use the apps.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you.

And yes the fix worked for the bandits! So both bandits and survivors are in for V5.1

Looking forward to 5.1! Btw dwallorde, you might want to give spider a pm and ask him about his lag fix in the crafting menu if its an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive got it running on a server hosted by %%%%%%% (wont give them free advertising) and it runs not too bad.

Simply you just upload the mod files via the FTP interface and let them overwrite the game files and start your game. Id advise waiting till final version of the mod is out because uploading via FTP takes quite a bit of time if you have to upload whole mod over and over.

I noticed some lag with the mod with opening windows and such, gets worse if you have 1 or more forges running and cooking on the fire same time. Dragging and dropping ingredients to and from forges is tricky because of the lag but overall its not too bad. I just stop the forge when im trying to add or remove materials then turn it back on when im done.

I tweaked the server mod a bit. I like tougher zombies and more danger

I added all the boss zombies to the random world spawn so they are everywhere.

Added soldiers and prison guards as well. Because of their body armor they are alot tougher to kill

Added the radiated cops to world spawns

Its a fun mod , It definitely not boring lol.

Server info?

Just a quick question about class paper.

Absolutely loving this mod and want to say thanks for all your hard work.

Just wanted to ask a quick question about the class paper. I know in A15 you could scrap any class paper you found and it would turn into a blank class paper allowing you to choose another class. In our game, all we can find is scholar class paper (like everywhere) and there's no scrap option. Is this a bug or can you simply just not scrap them anymore? Are we just incredibly unlucky, as I know random gen can be.

Thanks. :smile-new:

dwallorde, I checked your localization files, and found a few off-entries. Just a few mis-matched entries that could be giving your warnings in the log file.

yEUVqJj.png

Thank you for the heads up. I'll look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely loving this mod and want to say thanks for all your hard work.

Just wanted to ask a quick question about the class paper. I know in A15 you could scrap any class paper you found and it would turn into a blank class paper allowing you to choose another class. In our game, all we can find is scholar class paper (like everywhere) and there's no scrap option. Is this a bug or can you simply just not scrap them anymore? Are we just incredibly unlucky, as I know random gen can be.

Thanks. :smile-new:

If you can't scrap them then yes that is a bug. I'll get that fixed. And all class papers are lootable. Just a matter of luck.

Thank you for the heads up. I'll look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't scrap them then yes that is a bug. I'll get that fixed. And all class papers are lootable. Just a matter of luck.

I have massing scholar paper as well. And yes, if it is a bug fix it plz, the problem is also when you start a new guy, you just can't read all the info by switching.

More localization issues:

For the German translation on some items, you have, for example:

,Erfahren Sie, wie eine Wüste Eagle Pistol zusammenzubauen und zu reparieren,

This is malformed in the localization, because it's a complete sentence, but isn't wrapped in double quotes, so it isn't being parsed correctly.

,"Erfahren Sie, wie eine Wüste Eagle Pistol zusammenzubauen und zu reparieren",

If you do a search for Erfahren Sie, you'll find all the instances that need that sentence wrapped in quotes.

Another instance can be found with this string:

Un buen brebaje que ayudarل a sobornar a usted, asي como a sي mismo

Same as above, it should be wrapped in quotes to protect the comma

"Un buen brebaje que ayudarل a sobornar a usted, asي como a sي mismo"

More localization issues:

For the German translation on some items, you have, for example:

,Erfahren Sie, wie eine Wüste Eagle Pistol zusammenzubauen und zu reparieren,

This is malformed in the localization, because it's a complete sentence, but isn't wrapped in double quotes, so it isn't being parsed correctly.

,"Erfahren Sie, wie eine Wüste Eagle Pistol zusammenzubauen und zu reparieren",

If you do a search for Erfahren Sie, you'll find all the instances that need that sentence wrapped in quotes.

Another instance can be found with this string:

Un buen brebaje que ayudarل a sobornar a usted, asي como a sي mismo

Same as above, it should be wrapped in quotes to protect the comma

"Un buen brebaje que ayudarل a sobornar a usted, asي como a sي mismo"

Oh dam more of those. I thought I got them all.

And what tool was that you using before? Is that for localization?

Oh dam more of those. I thought I got them all.

And what tool was that you using before? Is that for localization?

A custom, unreleased tool, which will be released. It only caught about half your localization issues, and fixed them automatically. But the last few ones are trickier to catch, since there's not a lot of context clues about which comma should be inside of the sentence vs not.