War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Anyone having issues with the pirate ships? I have to admit I've never played the mod before so I have no idea how they work but I'm guessing I should be able to enter than like some of the lets plays I've seen on YouTube. I have found a total of 5 different ships and all have vanished before my eyes soon as I get close to them. The ground as been '' Set '' for them so its clear that the POI was suppose to be there but just isn't for some reason. I seen somewhere else someone else having the same issue but they got told it might be a render issue? Hardware issue? I wouldn't hope so because I'm running it on a pretty decent computer GTX 1080 TI and a i7 4gz so I wouldn't assume that was a issue at all. Anyways if any one as any idea whats going on please let me know I really would love to explore one in my current game.

MOD version is 5.2.3 (B111)

7D2D version is 16.4 (B8)

I've seen a few different pirate ships - but have never seen them disappear as Jeraal posted about the NEPA building disappearing.

With the NEPA building I believe some are supposed to disappear. With the NEPA building I noticed in the previewer that the ones that can disappear will not have the modders' information on them. Whereas most of the ones that do not disappear do have the modders' info on them. IE: If you zoom closer to the building/structure in question - it will show the "modders' information" in text just above the building/structure. Also with the NEPA building - the ones that disappear will disapper once you get to a certain range of them. I have a feeling this is directly from the Compo Pack, and not any other mod since I saw this with Valmod also.

Edited by Cadamier
Clairfication (see edit history)

I've seen a few different pirate ships - but have never seen them disappear as Jeraal posted about the NEPA building disappearing.

With the NEPA building I believe some are supposed to disappear. With the NEPA building I noticed in the previewer that the ones that can disappear will not have the modders' information on them. Whereas most of the ones that do not disappear do have the modders' info on them. IE: If you zoom closer to the building/structure in question - it will show the "modders' information" in text just above the building/structure. Also with the NEPA building - the ones that disappear will disapper once you get to a certain range of them. I have a feeling this is directly from the Compo Pack, and not any other mod since I saw this with Valmod also.

Yeah I don't understand whats going on myself because of them just straight up disappearing I'm going to upload a video soon so people can see what I mean but other than that I'm going to try copying my 7d2d folder and reinstalling the game and mod and see if that makes any difference at all which im hoping will fix it. I also have yet to find or see that ''fair land'' or whatever its called where its stacked with loot I've seen a couple videos with people finding it but I haven't seen it at all and i've uncovered a lot of the map so maybe it's there just hiding but I doubt it .

Yeah I don't understand whats going on myself because of them just straight up disappearing I'm going to upload a video soon so people can see what I mean but other than that I'm going to try copying my 7d2d folder and reinstalling the game and mod and see if that makes any difference at all which im hoping will fix it. I also have yet to find or see that ''fair land'' or whatever its called where its stacked with loot I've seen a couple videos with people finding it but I haven't seen it at all and i've uncovered a lot of the map so maybe it's there just hiding but I doubt it .

I looked on my current map and every ship I see has the name. Flew to them and verified that they're all there. What's your seed name?

I looked on my current map and every ship I see has the name. Flew to them and verified that they're all there. What's your seed name?

My seed is “ bigcity “ all lowercase and a quick update I reinstalled 7 days and used the mod manger to play WOW and I flew to two ships and they both was there and then I got on a mini bike and drove to the next and that one dispersed fully also.

Can the bike be to fast to render the ship? I’m pretty sure the fly speed is a lot slower than a fully upgraded bike. This is just a therory and it could be something or nothing but on my original game before reinstalling I went to all them ships on a bike also and none of them worked.

Edited by RedPowder (see edit history)

The first two ships I came across were while running around. Didn't get a bike until week two. The ships are there as distant terrain objects, but when closer they only partially render. I remember other threads in earlier vanilla A16 versions that had this(even had it myself with one wilderness POI).

The first two ships I came across were while running around. Didn't get a bike until week two. The ships are there as distant terrain objects, but when closer they only partially render. I remember other threads in earlier vanilla A16 versions that had this(even had it myself with one wilderness POI).

I just tried the same seed and found the ship from a distance and ''jumped'' tp'ed to it via the map and it was gone so then I found another one and walked up to it and boom it was there.

Greetings I love this mod and have used it on Public servers off and on, But currently play single player atm on here. I am having one issues that was wondering if could be adjusted. It will seem small or not important to most but is really a blessing to us. When using a controller on game you can not utilize the tool belt to transfers stuff on or off or select things with out a keyboard. How ever this normally not a issue for most. But i my self and a Disabled Veteran and several of my friends are also Veterans or of older age. And the use of key board is hard or painful due to injury or age and having full use of a controller is very much more gaming accessable for us. If at all possible you can see into seeing if there is a way to be able to access the tool belt with controller and full access to the screen as well would be greatly appreciated by our gaming community.

Thanks for you hard work on this mod,

Lordzetal of MERC Gaming Community.

did you ever get this fixed? if so how? i would love to be able to use my controller

Update Released!

V5.2.4 B113:

-Fixed Bacon and Eggs Challenge Requirements

-Changed Reduced Point Cost for Ammo Crafting Perk

-Fixed Pig and Bear Challenges (Reverted to Vanilla)

-Fixed Rabbit Trap Full Localization

-Fixed Dwalls Library POI Loot Boxes as part of a wall (New Game Req. for fix)

-Fixed Controller Support for Player Toolbelt

-Fixed Antibiotics Crafting Challenge Requirements

-Fixed Crafting Location Localization for Wet Concrete Blocks

-Changed Balanced ECO and HD Generator and Battery Banks

-Changed Schematics, Magazines and Class Fragments now Stack Higher

-Fixed Class Only Steel Smithing Perk Localization

-Fixed Several Schematic Localizations showing that it was crafted at Blueprint Station

-Fixed Corn Will Not Upgrade Rabbit Traps (Now shows a durability bar, Required for it to work)

-Added Class Fragments to Trader Secret Stash (Req Secret Stash Perk Level 1, 2 or 3. Each Level increases possible amount)

-Fixed Several Items Crafting Location to Weapon Smithing Station which should be Gun Smithing Station

-Added 36 New Class Quests (4 Quests per Class Including Challenges and Treasure Maps. Can be found in Class Vending Machines)

-Changed Quest Tracking Window now shows up to 10 lines of Objectives

-Fixed Duplicate Entries in Fighters Class Vending Machine

Update Released!

V5.2.4 B113:

-Fixed Bacon and Eggs Challenge Requirements

-Changed Reduced Point Cost for Ammo Crafting Perk

-Fixed Pig and Bear Challenges (Reverted to Vanilla)

-Fixed Rabbit Trap Full Localization

-Fixed Dwalls Library POI Loot Boxes as part of a wall (New Game Req. for fix)

-Fixed Controller Support for Player Toolbelt

-Fixed Antibiotics Crafting Challenge Requirements

-Fixed Crafting Location Localization for Wet Concrete Blocks

-Changed Balanced ECO and HD Generator and Battery Banks

-Changed Schematics, Magazines and Class Fragments now Stack Higher

-Fixed Class Only Steel Smithing Perk Localization

-Fixed Several Schematic Localizations showing that it was crafted at Blueprint Station

-Fixed Corn Will Not Upgrade Rabbit Traps (Now shows a durability bar, Required for it to work)

-Added Class Fragments to Trader Secret Stash (Req Secret Stash Perk Level 1, 2 or 3. Each Level increases possible amount)

-Fixed Several Items Crafting Location to Weapon Smithing Station which should be Gun Smithing Station

-Added 36 New Class Quests (4 Quests per Class Including Challenges and Treasure Maps. Can be found in Class Vending Machines)

-Changed Quest Tracking Window now shows up to 10 lines of Objectives

-Fixed Duplicate Entries in Fighters Class Vending Machine

Can I just replace the files or will I have to start a new world ? Also I’m not sure if it’s just me or not but animals seem to be spawning at a very small amounts is there a way to higher the amount of animals in the bioms ?

how do I upgrade to tungsten I have tungsten block frames and I have forged tungsten but when I place the blocks I cant upgrade them with a steel clawhammer or a nailgun is there a skill I'm missing or something please halp

Don't quote me, but I think I read earlier that you need the HD nailgun to upgrade tungsten.

Don't quote me, but I think I read earlier that you need the HD nailgun to upgrade tungsten.

Yep- HD Nailgun only. Build it yourself(with perk)- buy it from trader or find it- a very rare loot.

:indecisiveness: Keep in mind Tungsten blocks have reduced SI stability (12 from 16)! Keep that in mind when upgrading your existing base.

The latest update made me lose my current active builders quest and electrican quest...I can't finish these quest and get the rewards along with it. When I craft the Builders paper from the fragments (which I can still do), it just craft the Paper, but I can only drop it. Any way to fix this issue?

2 issues found in creative mode

1. Cannot seem to unlock the first aid bandage so I am unable to complete survivalist class quest.

2. Cannot create secure wood door for DWALLS QUEST 1 PART 4 OF 5. I do not have the recipe or the option to buy the recipe. When I create a wood door and lock it, it still doesn't complete the quest.

Anyone else having these issues or am I just missing something?

Please help!

Thank you

1. Cannot seem to unlock the first aid bandage so I am unable to complete survivalist class quest.

2. Cannot create secure wood door for DWALLS QUEST 1 PART 4 OF 5. I do not have the recipe or the option to buy the recipe. When I create a wood door and lock it, it still doesn't complete the quest.

Anyone else having these issues or am I just missing something?

Please help!

Thank you

1. You have to spend skill points to unlock the first aid bandage. Is the issue being able to spend Skillpoints?

2. That might also be a builder perk that needs to be unlocked but I can not recall.

Can't get it to work. It just takes up all my RAM and then it crashes because apparently my 16GB RAM are not enough. Tried the 5.2 version, the older one and without BBP, but everytime the same =( Please help me

More system specs please. Yes, this mod does push the 16GB ram barrier as I see it hover just over 16GB.

OH! I would suggest reinstalling; albeit it might not be necessary if you use the mod launcher. When I first installed the mod without the launcher it ate up 24GB of ram... I suspected that was too much and uninstalled/deleted and then reinstalled and its fine now. I then deleted all mods and installed the mod launcher and its still right around 16GB of ram.

Can't get it to work. It just takes up all my RAM and then it crashes because apparently my 16GB RAM are not enough. Tried the 5.2 version, the older one and without BBP, but everytime the same =( Please help me

I had the same issue when I started using 5.2.1 and the way I resolved it was lowering my graphics settings in the main menu. I had to wait on the cursor as there was some delay making my selection but once I was able to get into the video settings I put the custom settings on medium. I disabled shadows and SSAO and reduced the water particles to low and I was able to play. I didn't figure this out until 5.2.3 but after I made the changes I was able to play using the BBP version of the mod without it freezing and using the 16GB of RAM in my system. Hope this helps you.

Edited by KYReddneck (see edit history)

Review

Well I do really like your mod and thanks to you and everyone involved with making it!! I like virtually everything about it with a bunch of exceptions.

The first thing is that there are way, way too many forges, work benches, etc. It would be nice to have it more of a ‘upgrade’ to the forge for things like weapon smithing, etc. Like adding a tap & die set for the weapon smithing. IE: If you finally get the weapon smithing perk then all of your forge changes (are upgraded) to add another item slot to them such as the tap and die set. Same with the work benches, way too many… Class vending machines – way too many, have one where you can access a drop down menu… With all that you need a lot of room to have them all! That’s a lot of room, sure you can go to the class place to access them all, but most I would think would want them at their bases to have 24/7 access to them.

I do like a lot of the environment, with the exception of the desert. There’s too much ‘empty space’ and not enough cacti. As compared to vanilla something in between would be great… Tumbleweeds!

Things in the class progression system is a bit farfetched… I mean for the builder – 10k rocks, wood and plant fiber for the first quest?!? How long do you think that would take? If I remember correctly the 2nd one for the builder is to make, lay and upgrade 50 wood frames? How much wood does that take? How much rock to make 50 cobblestones? How much plant fiber & dirt to make sod or grassy ground? Something along those lines would be better and more in a progressive line than hitting ‘us’ with 10k each right off the bat! I would rather have it be like gather wood for the 50 wood frames, then onto cobble stones upgrading them to flagstones… Get iron and upgrade that to steel… Something a builder should inherently know how to do. I would also like to see the ability to select a class from the begining so "I" can focus on one thing instead of having to switch back and forth and being knew to the mod that took a great deal of time. Especially when I hear that 'clunk' letting me know that something in some class progression was achieved - not a 'full progression' but one of the in between steps.

Example: Need items to make a workbench - for me in this test I'm at day 5 and still haven't found a claw hammer, nor the schematic for one! Could be just the randomness.

UDPATE:

I'm thinking the HD versions of things probably shouldn't drop till like day 50 and that's just a guess. Maybe not till you've reached tungston crafting... Not sure. By day 7 I'm level 44 and at the end of day 7 I'm level 50... Now I'm running through a horde night video and it looks like I have a HD Chainsaw which is extremely OP! I mean I spent like 1 or 2 game hours and got well over 50K wood! That's because of how quickly it tears through any tree. In the video its Horde night day 14 and I'm already level 99, with 814 kills. I don't know what the GameStage was but I got radiated non-cop zeds. Sometime later I got the HD Auger and that is way too OP too! I can virtually walk through rock drilling a 3 block high tunnel! In sand I can almost run through and do the same!

OH! I do like it that you can dig almost anywhere and get almost any resource! But the amounts are a bit high. I like those nodes that are 8K and give silver, gold and diamonds, but they too seem to be too numerous. In my game I found about 7 so far! Sure you don't get a whole lot with using an iron pickaxe but still that seems a bit op.

I like the Survivor NPC's it would be nice to be able to interact with them. Say for like some food and/or ammo, or other goods I could 'emply' them into my clan. And yes that would be an entire workload in itself. I know some if not all of this can be done - especially with the forges and workbenches, but there are a tonne of them. It would also be nice to be able to actually attach items such as a silencer to a gun and not have to replace the barrel and such.

Overall I think you've got something good here. Its combining different aspects of different mods I like such as Valmod and Starvation. Thanks and I'll keep enjoying your mod. I've been trying to press our group to get the mod, but they're still stuck on Valmod! :)

Good day Dwallorde

I see we are still having issues with the trader ... CTD as soon as I walked into trader Jimmy on day 1

- - - Updated - - -

V5.2.4 B113 coming to 7D2D Launcher ?

I can not seem to update the game to the latest build yet...

It CTD as soon as I walked into Trader Jimmy on day 1 .. if you are running old version stay with it.

AND that is the current version on Launcher.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)