War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

5.2.2 still crashing and lagging

Besides turning the setting down to almost nothing, anyone find a fix for the huge memory leak that causes this game to run so high?? I can't get more than 45 minutes before a huge crash - This has caused more then one death, of course :upset:

I ran 5.2 perfectly - 5.2.1 and now 5.2.2 is just leaking like crazy....

The console command is "givequest classtrainingbuilder1". You need to be admin to execute console commands on a server. So you would need to ask the server admin to give you temporary admin rights.

Thanks, I'll try to get in contact with an admin to see if we can get it sorted out.

Besides turning the setting down to almost nothing, anyone find a fix for the huge memory leak that causes this game to run so high?? I can't get more than 45 minutes before a huge crash - This has caused more then one death, of course :upset:

I ran 5.2 perfectly - 5.2.1 and now 5.2.2 is just leaking like crazy....

I'm playing this mod with a friend and I've also found lag and freezer after the update...

@dwallorde

Moved this thread down the line- updating as we go!

I'm gonna list bugs as i find them(update this post):

V5.2.1 B108 BUGS>>

* Bedrock at level +3 instead of -57.

* Frozen Larry (Zombie) missing texture

* NPC with the black jacket and golden Machete causing Null Reference

* Traders do not start exactly at 6:00am (6:05) nor do they end precisely at 10:00pm(9:55)

* Skill "Mechanic" is highlighted in the skill tab despite it needs further unlocking by character level. It should be greyed out.

* Lockpicks(door) still not working

* "TEST" code leftovers in crafting system.

* Can not recycle Class papers

* Wonky Tungsten upgrade and usage mechanics- Refer to this thread:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?53190-War-of-the-Walkers-Mod-(Overhaul)&p=778992&viewfull=1#post778992

* The Nuclear Plant POI (a rare POI afaik) has radiation blocks but no actual radiation!

* Only HD Nailgun is able to upgrade blocks to Tungsten. If its by design please add description saying so or remove the reference from all other upgrade tools as they are showing red X when trying to further upgrade.

* Xtra size storage box has only 90 slots instead of 100

* Ak-47 7.62mm hollow point bullets can not load. It shares same bullets with M25 and Sniper Rifle.

* First time mod launch- slow response(1fps + massive delay). Force game shutdown and restart resolves the issue or getting into any menu screen

* Skill "Covert Treasure Hunting" with a radius of 3 not applying(not working)

* Tungsten tools are not scrappable(intended?) only dropable

* Shotgun Incendiary Slugs do not show combined damage(slug+burn effect) therefore one would pick green slugs as they show the higher damage.

* Typo past Legacy item "Wood Working Workbench" its actually builders workbench

* Ramp corner is not upgradeable to Tungsten. Polish steel is max. + Also missing Tungsten ramp corner block.

* Tungsten ramp frame. There are 2 rotations in advanced setting where the block is the same but textures missmatch. Either choose rugged or clean face.

Edited by zingo2 (see edit history)

So I was wondering - is WotW a pure xml mod?

- - - Updated - - -

I have installed the mod onto the server, no issues or file failures. However there are a ton of white boxes with red question marks that appear everywhere. I have reinstalled 3 times now and still can't get it to resolve. What am I missing?

I see that with Valmod when it isn't installed properly, not sure what the exact problem is here.

Not sure if this "idea" has been mentioned before, 132 pages is a lot to read ;)

Have you considered an endgame for the classes along the lines of a "Master of All Trades" perk of some kind, with pre-requisites of mastering all the classes to gain a final "super perk" if you will. Balanced with a suitable points cost, and/or final quest chain applying some skill from all classes (and/or maybe using some special POI that could not be entered without a "key" that is unlocked by completing all classes). Giving a final bonus to crafting, or some special "end game" loot.

Just a thought ;)

Awesome mod! enjoying a new playthrough with 5.2

Neither the 7DTD launcher or the BBM github download are setting up the right BBM dll. Dieing with either setup results in losing anything in your toolbelt.

Edited - NVM looks like I had the wrong file.

Edited - Even with redownloading, I'm still losing my toolbelt. Upon searching the XML files, it looks like the player dropped backpacks are 10 slots short.

I was able to fix the problem by going into Loot.xml (line 3618) and changing the size of lootcontainer 41 to size="9,10".

This needs to be patched in at some point, watching latest Games4Kickz video on WOTW 5.2.2, on death he lost everything from his toolbelt as it doesn't fit in the backpack dropped on death.

OK, so here are some suggestions and a general review of 5.2.1:

1. Finishing a class feels so....unsatisfying. You get a vending machine, which is nice, yet there is no real reward. In fact, even when finishing the classes, one still has to spend skill points on almost everything. The player now works damn hard to finish up these quests; there should be some kind of reward, such as ONE free random item pertaining to that class.

2. Please reduce the amount of things that require us to spend skill points. I can see some of them, but right now, it is completely insane. For example....farming. One should not have to spend skill points on farming. Some things should be solely a class perk, as in one should get the ability to create the items once the class has been completed. You've made it challenging to finish the class...no need to spend the skill points on top of it.

3. This is more of a compliment rather than a suggestion: I do love the level requirements for specific items. That balances out the game so much and makes it exciting to find things again.

4. I love the pirate ships...really creative!....BUT.....they are EVERYWHERE. Reduce the number spawned in.

Good gosh, that is hilarious (well, for me, not you who had to live through it). Seems you found the Retirement Village... an over-powered POI with massive loot in several locations. It can be guarded by very powerful enemies... though I've never seen it that bad before. When I've found it, I usually get a few radiated cops, and a LOT of running football players and other ferals. Never that much as in your pics.

I'm still looking for the Retirement Village in my current 5.2 playthrough. I'm on day 33, and I'm pretty well equipped... but I don't think I'd be able to survive what you showed. Guess I'm gonna keep a bunch of Splody Bolts with me at all times now.

Tested it with workbenches and campfires now. You can actually dupe items with those extra output slots (bottom row) on the workbenches or campfires. Someone said already that items are shared between the same workbenches or campfires.

Now, when you pick this workbench up within your land claim, you will get all items in those slots in your inventory. BUT, if you place the workbench again, the items are STILL in those slots. All items got duped. This will work until you finally remove those items from those extra slots.

I don't think the extra output slots will really work without modifying some of the assembly.

Tested it with workbenches and campfires now. You can actually dupe items with those extra output slots (bottom row) on the workbenches or campfires. Someone said already that items are shared between the same workbenches or campfires.

Yeah, I thought I had a little too much Kool-Aid after I couldn't replicate the issue. I've learned that if you keep the game running long enough, it has a tendency to dupe items. I did exit and restart my session, which made the dupe thing go away -- that's why I thought it was in my head and I just put the same amount of items inside.

I've only gotten it to dupe on Raw Meat on Campfires, and Sand / Stone on the Cement Mixer. The forge seems to be okay. Problem was, I think I saw this working also in Starvation as well, which led me to believe it was a 7 Days bug. I don't have the latest Starvation (I saw this on Starvation before the Santa-in-Snow-Biomes Rescue patch) to test it out but it could be interesting to check.

Otherwise, I am seriously loving this mod; I'm on a seed where I haven't found the Retirement Village (early on), but it's still exciting to hole yourself up in the middle of town making a death arena

I remember that Z-Nation FFS reported the same issue in some of his A16 vids when he modified the generator bank to hold a lot more engines. It wasn't actually possible as all of slots he added in the xml file got shared and had the ability to dupe items on pickup.

This is why bigger back pack mods usually come across with modified assembly files, because the additional slots needs to be managed by the assembly somehow. Otherwise the game would use them just wrong and share them between the same loot container.

Can someone let me know what it is i need to level up to make better bike parts

You can see that yourself when selecting any item. It will show which x/10 skill affects it.

For bike it is "Mechanic" skill (up to 500 quality) with additional Mechanic bonus skill (up to 600 quality).

5.2 patch notes: -Fixed Dwalls Bookstore Prefab Beam Loot Crates (Requires new game to take effect but current loot crate it spawns now will not have any Joe Loot...Sorry, I mean Loot.)

Is this supposed to mean the crates are gone completely? Found a town that had two libraries and no crates. Was looking forward to them since the bookcases in both were not very helpful.

Fun Mod

I love this mod, I've been keeping a copy of the repo for myself with a few changes built in.

I'm not 100% on this, but it seems the bedrock thing might be a red-herring, as its a non-issue (ref Blocks 0, 1, 2 are bedrock. -57 m is the value shown in the inventory/map. So 3 m is just another coordinate system. ) https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/350540974003933830/#c350540974003963429

Here is my copy w/ BBM https://github.com/kotori/WotW-Server-BBM

Thanks for the great work on this mod so far by the way!

Edited by kotori83 (see edit history)

I have a question I hope someone might be able to answer. I installed this mod on a dedicated server using the following;

Server files from: https://github.com/dwallorde/WotWServerFilesV5-2BBM/archive/master.zip

Servertools: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?77267-Servertools-updated-to-5-5/

Allocs from: http://illy.bz/fi/7dtd/server_fixes.tar.gz

The issue seems to be related to the server tools and what happens is shortly after starting the game the “e” or action button stops working. You cannot pick up small stones or anything requiring the use of that button. This was done on a fresh install after a full wipe of the server.

Is there anyone running this combination that works? Everything else seems to work as intended including the server tools. Not sure what additional information I can provide that’s useful but if I’ve left out any details let me know. Thank you.

Mmmm okey.

Got a new bug- not listing to main bugs but the deal is:

My single game converted to Multiplayer game! I got to around 40 or 50ish days and then it started counting from 0. Now this might not be mod specific but as this "was" Single player War of the Walkers mod play session- it now is Single player Private Multiplayer game!

Any help in converting back to Single player is highly appreciated! Not that it is needed(As i am the only one who can access it) but still.

I've read there is a hex thing to convert it back- is that still a thing in Alpha 16?

Update:

The Hex thing still works.

06- Single Player

07- Multiplayer

Edited by zingo2 (see edit history)

Is the layer issue (showing +3 instead of -57) related to this?

<layer depth="1" blockname="stone" >
                                       <resource blockname="gravel" cluster="1" prob="0.8130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
                               </layer>
                               <layer depth="3" blockname="bedrock" />
                       </layers> <!-- Total Layers: 19 Vanilla / 15 Modded -->

Is there a reason <layer depth="3" blockname="bedrock" /> should be set to 3? And is there a reason modded can only use 15 layers? I'll have to compare against the vanilla and see if I can find out why.

Its repeated in the Data/Config/biomes.xml file for each biome type, but only the Total Layers comment only shows up in the first time its used. I have no idea what I'm talking about here, but it seems close.