War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

can you please lower these 10000 plant fibers,,

Yeah, I have to agree with this. 10k wood and stone isn't -too- bad, though it is pretty out of step with the other first quests, especially the stone. But 10k plant fibers is ridiculous, and more than I think I've ever had collected in 7dtd at one time.

@ dwallorde

Hey hey- good job on your latest release!

Little feedback:

I've been testing various mods(months+) and quite frankly WWM is the mod I'm coming back to. Second best would be starvation mod but while its deep its not that fun. I mean you can hook up the mod with different things- have different experiences but what all the mods boil down to is having fun and enjoying it- not for first 5 min, not for first hour- even a day but weeks!

I must say your mod is the most fun to play(personal view). Even on Steam WWM is considered top of the Brass- good job. Hope you keep evolving this mod and never forget the basic core element of fun!

Really enjoying 5.2 so far. I'll agree that 10,000 plant fiber seem a bit much (not because it's hard to gather, I got about 2000 in 2-3 minutes clearing out for my starter farm, I just can't imagine ever needing that much for anything) and that the builder quest seems a bit out of wack with the others, especially given you need to master it to make cement.

What I'd really like to comment on, though, is the class paper fragments. I've gotten 13 of them total so far, and 5 of them were duplicates, and therefore, as far as I can tell, completely worthless. Was any thought given to allowing duplicates to be used for something (perhaps 2-3 can be turned into a different fragment for the same class, or they could be scrapped for blueprint papers)?

Hi,

we have created a new server with this modpack.

The problem is that only the admin can start the class quest.

The rest of the players is a gray exclamation sign.

Can not be crafted.

and we can not read any recipes, all gray

I am going to leave my two cents about the requirement for 10,000 plant fibers being far too excessive in terms of completion of the Builder Quest.

I really hope this gets changed in the future, games should be less about grind and more about actual gameplay.

Edit: Made a mistake about the Builder Quest tracking.

Edit 2: I just realised that the 10,000 requirement for Wood, Stone and Plant fibers does not track the overall amount you have collected throughout the game, but instead it requires the resources to be in your inventory for the quest completion to trigger.

Which essentially means grinding for Stone, Wood and Plant fibers and NEVER using them, only gathering them and every time you craft wooden frames, spikes or cobblestone rocks, basic arrows and such, you're holding yourself back.

Not gonna lie, that's beyond tedious...

Edited by Sundaysmile (see edit history)

I've been thinking that maybe the 10,000 plant fiber would make more sense as 10,000 clay. I'd use 10,000 clay, and it would make sense builder-wise in that it could be used to make cobblestone.

Anyway, just a thought.

Edit: Even with the complaining, turns out Builder is the first class I finished. Not by choice, but because it's the only one I had all the fragments for. Got Fighter, Protection and Tradesman all sitting on quest 5 just waiting for fragments.

Edit 2: Anyone know if the crossbow counts as "Any type of bow" for the Survivalist boar killing quest?

Edited by Vaeliorin
Survivialist != Marksman (see edit history)

POI - Ship

Heyhey,

I dont really know if anybody else had the same problem but..

everytime I am getting closer to one of those huge ships (POI), it just despawns..

from far away I can see it again, but when I get too close its just disappearing >.<

I tried it out with 3 different ships, but it was always the same. ._.

beside that.. I love the new class quests :)

they are way more challenging now and I think thats really great, makes really fun to play the mod.

Heyhey,

I dont really know if anybody else had the same problem but..

everytime I am getting closer to one of those huge ships (POI), it just despawns..

from far away I can see it again, but when I get too close its just disappearing >.<

I tried it out with 3 different ships, but it was always the same. ._..

What you are seeing is the distant Mesh until you get close and then it fails to render some or all of the POI. I have seen it happen in Vanilla and Mods.

I am not sure if it is Seed or hardware related. It may be bad logic when rendering the map from the seed, or it may be a hardware limit loading the chunks for the first time on your system.

I have seen

find the ships whole on his lets play, but i have also seen
and
find ones that were only partially there. My map also has them completely intact...i use the game seed: Boom goes the Dynamite

YMMV.

disappearing stuff

Anyone else having issues with things disappearing? It is hard to replicate but when I had a scrap iron pickaxe and shovel disappeared... I thought maybe I was going crazy. Then today I know how many arrows I had, I disconnected; I came back arrows are missing. Then I go find a town and I found a wrench! My mini bike stopped working so I disconnected went back in wrench is gone.

Update: I've caught a screenshot of having stuff, log in and out, stuff gone. Not sure if that will help anyone but it is - at least for us - an actual issue

Edited by danielbelum (see edit history)

One thing I noticed is that it appears the Pirate Ship spawns WAY too much. I watch G4K, Kage and GE, and each found Pirate Ships within their spawn location. In my world (different seed), I found 2 near each other, all on the way from my spawn point to my trader. I love this POI, but maybe it should be a bit more rare... like the Sphinx or Stonehenge or Retirement Village in the previous version (In 3 playthroughs to day 50 each, I found the Sphinx only in one world, and have yet to find Stonehenge in any seed).

Though, I'm just on day 2, and maybe the two ships I found are the ONLY ones in the world, and I'm just extrapolating incorrectly on limited data.

I have seen
find the ships whole on his lets play

Which disappeared after he tried to go back to it. I've seen this on the beta server. And partially on my SP play through. What might be happening is that POI collapses when you get close to it and all what's left is rubble. Ship has bad structural integrity, even picking a candle can cause it to fall apart.

Anyone else having issues with things disappearing?

Make sure you have correctly installed DLL in 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed directory. And if you playing on the server, it should have those DLLs as well.

Anyone else having issues with things disappearing? It is hard to replicate but when I had a scrap iron pickaxe and shovel disappeared... I thought maybe I was going crazy. Then today I know how many arrows I had, I disconnected; I came back arrows are missing. Then I go find a town and I found a wrench! My mini bike stopped working so I disconnected went back in wrench is gone.

I'm only on day 2 in the new WotW, so I have not experienced this yet... but I've noticed some things like this in other mods recently (coins in GNAMod Horde mode and a pick axe--I think--in Merry ComSenMod).

found an adminwrench

this is on the new 5.2 mod

so last night i'm looting through the building that holds all the store on the multi floor poi, and i open up a chest in the backroom. and i find a 157 Adminwrench. entity and block damage both at ~5777, can remember the exact damage as i'm at work right now

op af!

not sure if this is an item the modder wanted people to find, so is this where i would report this as a possible bug? if nt where do i go to report?

Clothing Station

Hey guys, the mod update is awesome, it's very fun to play, i even finded in a military camp a "adminsuperwrench" lvl 46 with a stupid amound of damage to entities and blocks over 5K!!. Any way. i've just finished the protector's class mission chaing and i can built now the Armour Smithing Station and the Clothing Station, no problem with the heavy armor station but the light armour one doesn't show any recipes at all.

Also i've got problems with the pirate ship, i think is a known issue, i see the whole ship from afar but when i just get next to it it's show half only.

I'm sorry about my english, it's not my native leguage:upset: