War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

I am having trouble with the server (BBM) setup. If I set up a vanilla world first I have no problem but if I add the mod to a new server that does not have a Randon Gen world on it I just keep getting an error that the game cannot fine the Randon Gen/main.ttw file. Is it just that you need a world already installed for this mod to work or is there some other reason that it cannot go into the HUB CELL PREGENERATION and build teh world with this mod installed?

can i download the SP local version of the mod if I just want to play with my friends (co-op)? and not the server version?

That's what I did and it works fine. Just make sure all your friends have it on their box also. I highly recommend the big backpack mod also. 72 spaces in the backpack and the minibike as well.

EDIT: I should say that we are playing LAN. I would think it would be OK over the net also, but if you are hosting the game on the box you are also playing on, it will start to lag if you have more than a couple of people playing.

Edited by sandpaper600 (see edit history)

Sorry if this has been asked before - when is it planned that the mod will update to 5.2? As I understand it everyone will need to start new save games then? I'd like to get back into WotW, but not if I had to restart after a week. :)

Sorry if this has been asked before - when is it planned that the mod will update to 5.2? As I understand it everyone will need to start new save games then? I'd like to get back into WotW, but not if I had to restart after a week. :)

Last word was "soon". Won't get any real date until he believes it is ready.

can you make it so that neutral survivors turn hostile on you when you attack them? I seem to have a bad habit of killing every neutral survivor i see on sight just to get better loot from them.

Also could you make it so that we can get weapons and armor from bandits? but make it so they they are low in condition

Unique problem with NPC TraderJoel in my kill pit

Roaming NPC TraderJoel has fallen into the kill pit under my base. At first I thought it would be cool to have a trader in my base, but I now know it's more of a problem than a bonus.

The zeds gang up and attack him doing a lot of damage to one area of the pit since he tends not to move around during the blood moon horde event. And he can get in my line of sight while I'm killing zeds, blocking my shot. Since he can't be killed, he also damages my blade traps a lot.

I've tried a bunch of different things. I built ladders, ramps and stairs for him to get out. He will go part way and either turn around or fall back down. I tried commenting him out of the XML but the game will not load because of some error.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of him?

things are looking good in the past day and a half since the last release candidate we have not found any game breakers and hopefully be released later today like towards sometime in the later part of the day IE evening part this should be going public. it has been great testing this mod and cant wait to see this go live for everyone else