War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Hi dwallorde. If the fishing is broken because of the water in A16 I suggest removing it. Also the augers are OP. you can level up extremely quickly in a few minutes. I suggest lowering the exp gained. Iv had a few players hit level cap in a few days of playing. Also the zombie reach seems very far, not sure if you aware of that.

Thanks. Just posting things as I find them. :)

Hi dwallorde. If the fishing is broken because of the water in A16 I suggest removing it. Also the augers are OP. you can level up extremely quickly in a few minutes. I suggest lowering the exp gained. Iv had a few players hit level cap in a few days of playing. Also the zombie reach seems very far, not sure if you aware of that.

Thanks. Just posting things as I find them. :)

Thanks for info. Zombie reach is server problem and isn't from mod.

Good Day Dwallorde

Have question in ref to Frame rate ... ever since 16.3 on your Game only .. my other 3 games of 7d2d all run between 59-70 Frame rate .. and your game did also at one time ... but with this latest version 16.3 your game is anywhere from 35-50 average around 41.

I was wondering if you have any suggestion .. I still can play and it doesn't hurt the game that much except for the lag sometimes.

I've always been a big fan of your mod and I just don't understand what could have happened that would cause a big frame rate drop, like it is now.

Any help would be grateful. Thank you

PS: I'm running .. BBkpack and the old brain just remember - FPS

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I am not sure that Augers are the problem, but rather a symptom (and the most visible) of the bigger balance issue that A16 expanded upon from A15.

Mining in all its forms compounds XP as it goes. The problem is that there are plenty of skills and perks and items that each have a cumulative effect on XP gained since the XP you get is tied to how many resources are returned per harvest.

So, each better tool gives more resources, which gives more XP. Then add on skills/perks that increase yield...so more XP per swing. then compund with perks/skills that increase stamina, lower stamina loss, or regen stamina faster (or all 3) and the number of harvests per minute increase.

So, you end up with swinging faster, harder, and longer for insane XP. There is no other grind in the game that can match it...not because they dont have the same effect described above (you can do the same with most), but because the "resource" (zombies,loot containers, skill ups) are more spread out and cannot be done continuously.

All that being said, balancing mining without impacting other areas of the game is hard.

I am not sure that Augers are the problem, but rather a symptom (and the most visible) of the bigger balance issue that A16 expanded upon from A15.

Mining in all its forms compounds XP as it goes. The problem is that there are plenty of skills and perks and items that each have a cumulative effect on XP gained since the XP you get is tied to how many resources are returned per harvest.

So, each better tool gives more resources, which gives more XP. Then add on skills/perks that increase yield...so more XP per swing. then compund with perks/skills that increase stamina, lower stamina loss, or regen stamina faster (or all 3) and the number of harvests per minute increase.

So, you end up with swinging faster, harder, and longer for insane XP. There is no other grind in the game that can match it...not because they dont have the same effect described above (you can do the same with most), but because the "resource" (zombies,loot containers, skill ups) are more spread out and cannot be done continuously.

All that being said, balancing mining without impacting other areas of the game is hard.

I definitely agree that mining is where the issue is. In my server I've tried slightly nerfing do gains from mining stone. It's a very small change and doesn't, really solve the problem. Just slows then down a tiny bit. I'm considering removing the auger for a wipe and seeing how that plays out.

I still haven't had any luck getting our server started (output log and description in my post on the previous page.

Are there no install instruction or such anywhere? Or has anyone seen that nullref error? The game gets stuck in a loop trying to load because of it.

Going by my log, here is the exception that keeps popping up. I'm happy to send the entire output log if desired.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vector3i].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBlockTicker.IH (.Chunk , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBlockTicker.OH (ArraySegment`1 , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBlockTicker.Tick (ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks, .EntityPlayer _thePlayer, System.Random _rnd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.BC () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I definitely agree that mining is where the issue is. In my server I've tried slightly nerfing do gains from mining stone. It's a very small change and doesn't, really solve the problem. Just slows then down a tiny bit. I'm considering removing the auger for a wipe and seeing how that plays out.

As mentioned in [link]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?64762-How-to-lower-mining-EXP[/link] post and confirmed by Gazz, lowering Mining XP may lead to 0 xp for mining since it truncates xp to integers and anything less than 1 is 0. His solution would was to raise the cost to level the character in general and then raise the zombie xp to bring back to balance.

which goes back to my previous comment that balancing is hard. Taking out the auger should slow them down, but if they are determined, it wont stop them for long. I got to level 50 in 3 in game days just starting with the class that gave the diamond tipped pick and pumping all points into stamina, miner 69 and bad mechanic.

Maybe the better solution is to make gas way more scarce and hard to produce so they have to decide how to spend it.

You know that you can get around 60 feathers from those ugly flying birds?! Just use a knive on those birds and you will get enough feathers ;)

I Finally found how i can get white meat (wild boars/pigs) i'm at day 10, i have seen so far 1 deer, 2 rabbits and 1 pig :/ damn those animals are hard to find

Yes for sure, they are my main source of feathers. I was never so happy to get a vulture horde spawn before, i ran all those suckers down.

I still haven't had any luck getting our server started (output log and description in my post on the previous page.

Are there no install instruction or such anywhere? Or has anyone seen that nullref error? The game gets stuck in a loop trying to load because of it.

find where your server is saving OLD game saves, remove them and restart server and the null error loop will be gone. had this problem and this is how we fixed it

- - - Updated - - -

Going by my log, here is the exception that keeps popping up. I'm happy to send the entire output log if desired.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vector3i].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBlockTicker.IH (.Chunk , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBlockTicker.OH (ArraySegment`1 , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBlockTicker.Tick (ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks, .EntityPlayer _thePlayer, System.Random _rnd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.BC () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

what is going on when this error occurs?

find where your server is saving OLD game saves, remove them and restart server and the null error loop will be gone. had this problem and this is how we fixed it

Yeah I deleted everything in the 7d2dsaves folder (except I renamed my serveradmincustom file)

In fact after my 1st attempt I deleted steamapps, Mods, Data, and the _Data folders and redownloaded the game from the hosting panel, and then reinstalled Wotw over the fresh install, with no previous data, and the loop still occurs.

I'm not sure I have it installed properly though. From the BBM version, I uploaded Mods, Data, and 7DaysToDie_Data folders in the game's root directory, overwriting Data files. Then I uploaded the DLL file from the server DLL zip into 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed folder, overwriting the Assembly-CSharp.dll file in there.

Awesome mod. Started playing the game again last night after watching G4Kicks on youtube. One question, how do I get the expanded inventory like G4K has? Any suggestions would be great?

Thank you

Hello!!

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22/?tab=2&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2F7daystodie%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D22&pUp=1

I find the links to download it but i cant make it works with wow mod using a new random gen map, when i place the starter chest and smash it, it cant be looted, so i cant get a class, just with the SMX2A16.3B12R2-22-A16-3B12R2 the ui is realy awsome but i get many error at a few minutes of playing, i was trying with these two SGBBA16.3B12R5-22-A16-3B12R5 and

BIGBAGA16.3B12R3-22-A16-3B12R3 im trying it for hours, but no success, but like Frostyxn says, G4K get it working fine, I was watching since the first try of wow in his lets play. If someone have a clue pls lets us know. Ty !!

Awesome mod. Started playing the game again last night after watching G4Kicks on youtube. One question, how do I get the expanded inventory like G4K has? Any suggestions would be great?

Thank you

A16 BBM Mod, 2 links on first page... drag and drop again...

ok i narrrowed down the error I am having, it's Survivalist Quest 3. *IF* I attempt to look into the quest log for what i need to do for said quest, it opens the console and spits out a never ending loop containing the following :

i realize it's easy enough just to avoid hitting that, but thought you might want to know the bug.

on a side note, could someone tell me what i need to do to complete that quest?

If my memory serves me right you have to kill 3 animals and 5 zombies with any weapon equipped.

Dwalle i *DO* have some questions concerning wording in the class quests rewards. For instance, the Scholar class says it rewards you with 20 science when you complete but it doesnt, it gives you 1 pt. 20 science might be a bit much but you are then supposed to be able to make an object that requires 10 science and if you are like me, you only have 2, kinda impossible. there are other classes where it says it will reward you with 10-20pts but only rewards you with 1pt is this a glitch?

Dwalle i *DO* have some questions concerning wording in the class quests rewards. For instance, the Scholar class says it rewards you with 20 science when you complete but it doesnt, it gives you 1 pt. 20 science might be a bit much but you are then supposed to be able to make an object that requires 10 science and if you are like me, you only have 2, kinda impossible. there are other classes where it says it will reward you with 10-20pts but only rewards you with 1pt is this a glitch?

Misleading info from A15. Back then those skills were 100 max level. Now they are max 10. It only rewards 1 via a item reward. V5.2 is going to over haul the class system.

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod