War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Version 5.0.6 B31 Released

Change Log:

-Changed Oil Pump Recipe now required 1 Small Engine

-Changed Removed Forged Iron and Oil Barrel Requirements for Oil Pump Recipe (Better to have a max of 5 ingredients due to 6th ingredient not showing on screen)

-Added Chance to get Worms from Grass and Dirt Blocks

-End of Log-

Both Envul and Mod Launcher should be updated to new version. And as of now V5.1 is in development. Any future updated for V5.0 will only be bug fixes and such that comes up from now to launch.

Failed to update statement, see previous version -(V5.0.5(B30) r9.3.2017 Alpha 16.3 (b12))-

in the header of the post

Edited by Apamax (see edit history)

So only recipe and loot xmls have changed? Uploading whole mod takes forever to server. If so can i just upload those 2 xmls?

Yes you can copy just those 2 files but include Windows.xml and modinfo.xml

- - - Updated - - -

HELP where is the starter crate I need to place in the early quests?

Should be in your inventory.

Bug Report

I completed the Dwalls Task Part IV, Time to melee some zombies, quest_MeleeKill2.

As soon as the following quest, Dwalls Task Part V started, I began getting an error message that prevented me from doing anything:

"ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range

Parameter name: index"

Completing the quest wasn't the only thing I did at the same time. I also put my reinforced iron club back into my backpack as the quest was updating to part 5.

Is this error from the quest or something else?

I completed the Dwalls Task Part IV, Time to melee some zombies, quest_MeleeKill2.

As soon as the following quest, Dwalls Task Part V started, I began getting an error message that prevented me from doing anything:

"ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range

Parameter name: index"

Completing the quest wasn't the only thing I did at the same time. I also put my reinforced iron club back into my backpack as the quest was updating to part 5.

Is this error from the quest or something else?

As was stated before these quests are bugged. So just cancel them. The quests no longer spawn in loot and I won't be fixing them right away.

As was stated before these quests are bugged. So just cancel them. The quests no longer spawn in loot and I won't be fixing them right away.

I can't login without this error happening. I'm completely locked out of my character. How do I cancel the quest if I can't log into my character?

Been a while since I played this mod and decided to try it once again. Playing for the past couple of days and finally killed a wolf but the meat received was raw chicken, same with the snake.

Entities noted with ChickenRaw were: animalWolf, animalDireWolf, animalSnake.

A quick look at entityclasses.xml shows meat naming follows that of the animal, ie BearMeatRaw, perhaps have WolfRaw, SnakeRaw for individual recipes?

In quest you need to kill animal, snake doesn't count as animal.

In quest vegetable stew they ask for 10 mushroom but you need 25 to make them all.

Also yes, you have raw chicken when killing wolf or snake.

BTW, does someone knows where I can find other class magasine ? I found many scholar class magasine but not others yet.

Hi, I like playing this mod, but inventory management is a nightmare. Are there any bigger backpack mods that work with this mod? I've tried Valmod's Bigger Backpack Mod and Sirillion's 72 slot bag. Neither worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks, B

My 72 slot should work for you since his UI is based on my files, unless he changes a lot. What was the issue you ran into?

Try opening his windows.xml with notepad++ then search for wbackp. That will take you to the correct section, then follow the instructions within to disable the standard backpack UI and enable the 72 slot UI.

Then copy the assembly-csharp.dll from my mod and disable EAC and you should have a bigger bag.

If you hate the new bob and sway you need to download the assembly from the sgbb marked file instead where I turn the sway down significantly.

Hope that helps.

Please be aware that sometimes it looks like the mod ain't working when using it on an existing save. It fills to 32 and stops. If that happens remove an item and then it should work.

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

Been a while since I played this mod and decided to try it once again. Playing for the past couple of days and finally killed a wolf but the meat received was raw chicken, same with the snake.

Entities noted with ChickenRaw were: animalWolf, animalDireWolf, animalSnake.

A quick look at entityclasses.xml shows meat naming follows that of the animal, ie BearMeatRaw, perhaps have WolfRaw, SnakeRaw for individual recipes?

Ya this is known. I'm in the middle of deciding something for those Entities. Starting to feel that it will be too many meat types. Considering going to generic white or red meat.

- - - Updated - - -

In quest you need to kill animal, snake doesn't count as animal.

In quest vegetable stew they ask for 10 mushroom but you need 25 to make them all.

Also yes, you have raw chicken when killing wolf or snake.

BTW, does someone knows where I can find other class magasine ? I found many scholar class magasine but not others yet.

Thanks for the info. Traders can contain the plain class paper that can be created into any of the class papers your after.

Thanks you.

Also, what's skill helps HD wrench doing more damage to car ? Because it is not mining tool.

Seems to me it doesn't. I added a point in and did the exact same damage. Also the description doesn't indicate more damage.

My 72 slot should work for you since his UI is based on my files, unless he changes a lot. What was the issue you ran into?

Try opening his windows.xml with notepad++ then search for wbackp. That will take you to the correct section, then follow the instructions within to disable the standard backpack UI and enable the 72 slot UI.

Then copy the assembly-csharp.dll from my mod and disable EAC and you should have a bigger bag.

If you hate the new bob and sway you need to download the assembly from the sgbb marked file instead where I turn the sway down significantly.

Hope that helps.

Please be aware that sometimes it looks like the mod ain't working when using it on an existing save. It fills to 32 and stops. If that happens remove an item and then it should work.

YAY!!! You're the best man. That worked. What I had tried was simply dragging and dropping the Big Backpack mod over the War of the Walkers mod. This resulted in lots of red text and a frozen game at the "Loading UI" screen.

Thanks for the help. Now to try it on a server.

BB

Hope that helps.

I must've messed up something but I can't seem to figure it out. The backpack has 72 slots but the inventory icons are much bigger than the slot. Any ideas what I may have done? Help much appreciated

YAY!!! You're the best man. That worked. What I had tried was simply dragging and dropping the Big Backpack mod over the War of the Walkers mod. This resulted in lots of red text and a frozen game at the "Loading UI" screen.

Thanks for the help. Now to try it on a server.

BB

The assembly-csharp.dll in my package doesn't work on DS. But stallionsden have made a 72 slot dll for DS so you can use that one just fine.

I must've messed up something but I can't seem to figure it out. The backpack has 72 slots but the inventory icons are much bigger than the slot. Any ideas what I may have done? Help much appreciated

You also need to apply the changes to the controls.xml and styles.xml files.

As you can read from the code in windows.xml it refers to controls.xml (marked in yellow)

<window name="windowBackpack" width="603" height="349" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" cursor_area="true" >
	<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">
		<button depth="3" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack" tooltip_key="lblSortInventory" sound="[paging_click]" />
		<label depth="3" name="windowName" pos="42,-6" width="250" height="32" text="INVENTORY" text_key="xuiInventory" font_size="32" />
		<label depth="2" pos="472,-8" width="100" height="28" text="{currencyamount}" color="[mediumGrey]" justify="right" />
		<sprite depth="4" name="costIcon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_coin" size="24,24" pos="577,-10" color="[white]" foregroundlayer="true" />
	</panel>
	<panel name="content" width="100%" height="303" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">
			<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="603" height="303" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
			<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="6" cols="12" pos="3,-3" cell_width="50" cell_height="50" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >
				<[color="#FFD700"]SMX_bp_item_stack name="0"[/color]/>
			</grid>
	</panel>
</window>

When you check the code in the controls.xml you will see that it refers to styles.xml (marked with yellow)

<SMX_bp_item_stack>
	<rect controller="ItemStack" style="[color="#FFD700"]SMXBPItemStack[/color], hover" collider_scale="1.1">
		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,3" width="53" height="53" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />	
		<sprite depth="3" name="background" sprite="menu_empty3px" width="48" height="48" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false"/>
		<sprite depth="2" name="highlightOverlay" width="47" height="47" color="[darkGrey]" pos="0,0" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/>

<texture depth="3" name="backgroundTexture" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" size="48,48" globalopacity="true"/>

<sprite depth="4" name="itemIcon" width="45" height="35" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{itemicon}" pos="23,-18" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true" color="{iconcolor}" />
		<sprite depth="8" name="lockTypeIcon" width="14" height="14" sprite="" pos="2,-2" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="3" name="durabilityBackground" width="46" height="3" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" pos="1, -42" foregroundlayer="true"/>
		<sprite depth="4" name="durability" width="46" height="3" sprite="menu_empty2px" color="[transparent]" type="filled" pos="1, -42" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="5" name="disabledOverlay" width="47" height="47" color="[darkGrey_half_alpha]" pos="1,-1" type="sliced" visible="false"/>

<label depth="7" name="stackValue" pos="-1,-32" width="48" height="28" text="{itemcount}" font_size="14" effect="outline" justify="center" />
		<label depth="7" name="timer" pos="35,-38" width="45" height="24" font_size="24" justify="center" pivot="center" effect="outline" color="[beige]"/>
		<sprite depth="9" name="cancel" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" width="45" height="45" color="255,0,0,255" type="sliced" visible="false" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<label depth="12" name="itemName" pos="36,-35" width="0" height="0" text="" font_size="14" justify="center" overflow="resizefreely" effect="outline" pivot="center" above_soft_cursor="true"/>

<sprite depth="13" name="assembleIcon" size="18,18" sprite="ui_game_symbol_lock" visible="{isassemblelocked}" pos="14,-14" foregroundlayer="true" />
	</rect>
</SMX_bp_item_stack>

All of this code works together to create the backpack.

So if you already have the backpack part of the code enabled check and make sure that you have to styles.xml and controls.xml parts available also. If not, copy paste these into their respective files.

controls.xml

<SMX_bp_item_stack>
	<rect controller="ItemStack" style="SMXBPItemStack, hover" collider_scale="1.1">
		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,3" width="53" height="53" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />	
		<sprite depth="3" name="background" sprite="menu_empty3px" width="48" height="48" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false"/>
		<sprite depth="2" name="highlightOverlay" width="47" height="47" color="[darkGrey]" pos="0,0" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/>

<texture depth="3" name="backgroundTexture" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" size="48,48" globalopacity="true"/>

<sprite depth="4" name="itemIcon" width="45" height="35" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{itemicon}" pos="23,-18" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true" color="{iconcolor}" />
		<sprite depth="8" name="lockTypeIcon" width="14" height="14" sprite="" pos="2,-2" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="3" name="durabilityBackground" width="46" height="3" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" pos="1, -42" foregroundlayer="true"/>
		<sprite depth="4" name="durability" width="46" height="3" sprite="menu_empty2px" color="[transparent]" type="filled" pos="1, -42" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="5" name="disabledOverlay" width="47" height="47" color="[darkGrey_half_alpha]" pos="1,-1" type="sliced" visible="false"/>

<label depth="7" name="stackValue" pos="-1,-32" width="48" height="28" text="{itemcount}" font_size="14" effect="outline" justify="center" />
		<label depth="7" name="timer" pos="35,-38" width="45" height="24" font_size="24" justify="center" pivot="center" effect="outline" color="[beige]"/>
		<sprite depth="9" name="cancel" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" width="45" height="45" color="255,0,0,255" type="sliced" visible="false" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<label depth="12" name="itemName" pos="36,-35" width="0" height="0" text="" font_size="14" justify="center" overflow="resizefreely" effect="outline" pivot="center" above_soft_cursor="true"/>

<sprite depth="13" name="assembleIcon" size="18,18" sprite="ui_game_symbol_lock" visible="{isassemblelocked}" pos="14,-14" foregroundlayer="true" />
	</rect>
</SMX_bp_item_stack>

styles.xml

<style name="SMXBPItemStack">
	<style_entry name="select_color" value="[beige]" /> 
	<style_entry name="press_color" value="[limeGreen]" /> 
	<style_entry name="final_pressed_color" value="[lightGrey]" /> 
	<style_entry name="background_color" value="[mediumGrey]" /> 
	<style_entry name="highlight_color" value="[hoverColor]" /> 
	<style_entry name="holding_color" value="[white]" />
	<style_entry name="width" value="49" />
	<style_entry name="height" value="49" />
	<style_entry name="hover_icon_grow" value="1.5" />
	<style_entry name="on_press" value="true" />
	<style_entry name="sound_volume" value="0.75" />
	<style_entry name="pickup_sound" value="[pickup_click]" />
	<style_entry name="place_sound" value="[place_click]" />
</style>

Hope that helps ... was rather quick and dirty but I guess you will come back on this if you don't understand it :)

this mod is fun and all but it has so much issues, i completed a quest from the trades class and now i only make lvl 1 tools

this is not fun.

I had this same issue, the problem is you got +1 to tool smithing as a reward and you are currently a higher toolsmithing level than your level will allow, once you hit the level required for your current tool smithing level then it'll start making tools properly

I killed 3 zombie dog with the right weapon for the dog kill master quest and it didn't count any of them.

Also for the crawler zombie melee killer master there is no crawler arlene joe and so on.

I also killed many feral zombie with m25 for the same quest and it didn't work as well.

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod