War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

erf ok

i tried day 10 and i spawned a screamer, she shout twice and nothing come i don't understand

someone know where we can change de size of horde without changing serverconfig.xml ?

If you spawned a screamer using f6 then it wont do a summon, if thats what you used to test it. They only summon if spawned as a result of map heat.

1) This is the recipe from recipes.xml

<recipe name="smallEngine" count="1" craft_area="workbench" craft_exp_gain="150">

<ingredient name="forgedSteel" count="15"/>

<ingredient name="electricParts" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="mechanicalParts" count="6"/>

<ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="radiator" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="airFilter" count="1"/>

</recipe>

Is the Air Filter showing in the game GUI? It maybe because the recipe is too long and I have to mod the GUI to show another row in the recipe screen

2) What makes Yeast? Wasn't sure how I could do that in the game that makes some sense. What I can do is Increase the chance for it in loot. I'll try to do that for the next build. Kinda noticed the lack of yeast myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright now I am off to bed. Work Graveyards so was just on here to update my mod and then go to bed. Talk to you guys later

after you replied i went and looked on wikipedia, and found a good way of creating a recipe for yeast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_dextrose_agar

the above link talks about a common growth medium for yeast, i figure you could use the chemistry bench, have potatoes plus murky water as the recipe, and create yeast that way

another question i have, about the rabbit traps; how exactly do they work? i tested a few out the other day, went back today and checked on them, and all four were full, but only two had anything in them, and it was just a piece of hide in each...am i just unlucky that i didn't get meat?

after you replied i went and looked on wikipedia, and found a good way of creating a recipe for yeast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_dextrose_agar

the above link talks about a common growth medium for yeast, i figure you could use the chemistry bench, have potatoes plus murky water as the recipe, and create yeast that way

another question i have, about the rabbit traps; how exactly do they work? i tested a few out the other day, went back today and checked on them, and all four were full, but only two had anything in them, and it was just a piece of hide in each...am i just unlucky that i didn't get meat?

1. I'll Look into it

2. Rabbit Traps are really just a block with a plant growth property that auto upgrades block to a loot container. Only a chance to get something though...making it seem like it could have been set off by something or the Rabbit got away. And I will look into fixing it where if you get hide, you get meat as well.

oh another thing i forgot to mention

i had tried planting some apple trees a while ago, i have a roof garden to keep from getting attacked by zeds when i'm farming, but they never grew

one of my friends planted one outside the base on the ground and said it grew into a birch-like tree (which is what they looked like pre-A15) but we went out later and it was back to the just-planted version

might want to check to see if apples are actually growing like they should be

Aerith - just replied to the same question in Valmars thread amusingly:

Workstation lag is due to the amount of recipes on screen after TFP decided to allow you to view all recipes anywhere.

THE ONLY WAY currently, to solve it, is via less recipes. There may be a way to disable the feature that TFP added...in which case, making a multitude of different workstations to gate recipes would be the only fix.

Type a random series of letters (ex. Dgsjrksy) into your "search" bar to hide all the recipes and nullify all lag for now.

Cheers!

Edited by strife2016
Autocorrect (see edit history)

oh another thing i forgot to mention

i had tried planting some apple trees a while ago, i have a roof garden to keep from getting attacked by zeds when i'm farming, but they never grew

one of my friends planted one outside the base on the ground and said it grew into a birch-like tree (which is what they looked like pre-A15) but we went out later and it was back to the just-planted version

might want to check to see if apples are actually growing like they should be

Thanks for that , I haven't had a chance to fully test them. Will have a fix out this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Dwallordle, is the weird swing timing for the steel pickaxe intended? It feels really bad.

I decreased the delay on it, I will look at it again and see how it feels

- - - Updated - - -

thx for the answers ;)

Another thing when i craft something i go big lag when i try to check my inventory or move something , is it normal ?

Unfortunately yes, The Fun Pimps never really optimized that with A15. It is due to a lot of recipes added to the game and now that the player backpack shows every recipe from all workstations.

- - - Updated - - -

Aerith - just replied to the same question in Valmars thread amusingly:

Workstation lag is due to the amount of recipes on screen after TFP decided to allow you to view all recipes anywhere.

THE ONLY WAY currently, to solve it, is via less recipes. There may be a way to disable the feature that TFP added...in which case, making a multitude of different workstations to gate recipes would be the only fix.

Type a random series of letters (ex. Dgsjrksy) into your "search" bar to hide all the recipes and nullify all lag for now.

Cheers!

Best way to solve the Lag that I found is too set up your favorites to the recipes you use on a regular basis and just have favorites shown. That way it doesn't constantly load all recipes all the time.

can i ask whereabouts its possible to find zinc and copper ore deposits? me and a friend have dug down to bedrock, and all over and around (looking like an anthill under our base now x3) and can't find the zinc and copper, though we have found plenty of tungsten

is there any chance you could add a zinc and copper ore chance to the mineable rocks on the surface like with tungsten? would help immensely with getting zinc for vitamins...and for smelting brass x3

can i ask whereabouts its possible to find zinc and copper ore deposits? me and a friend have dug down to bedrock, and all over and around (looking like an anthill under our base now x3) and can't find the zinc and copper, though we have found plenty of tungsten

is there any chance you could add a zinc and copper ore chance to the mineable rocks on the surface like with tungsten? would help immensely with getting zinc for vitamins...and for smelting brass x3

I do believe its more in the middle between the top and bedrock. I can see about adding it to resource rocks.

hi, i'm back again XD

This is a great mod without players had to install it :)

I got a question, where can i find a guide or notice to use some stuffs in mod ? because sometimes i'm lost i don't understand how to craft something :)

Example : how to change cotton to cotton seed ? there is a hammer icon but can find what to use to change it :)

I found my answer by searching on recipes.xml ^^ I'm admin that fine but a player can't find this information. is it possible to have a localization file with more description ?

Edited by Aerith (see edit history)

hi, i'm back again XD

I got a question, where can i find a guide or notice to use some stuffs in mod ? because sometimes i'm lost i don't understand how to craft something :)

Example : how to change cotton to cotton seed ? there is a hammer icon but can find what to use to change it :)

I found my answer by searching on recipes.xml ^^ I'm admin that fine but a player can't find this information. is it possible to have a localization file with more description ?

I've been using the mod in a new let's play series i've been doing for my YouTube channel, in the comments section of the first video it's been noted, amongst other things, that descriptive text is coming soon via a localization update. (also, something even more awesome will be added to the mod in the near future :D )

hi, i'm back again XD

Yes localization so coming real soon. Mortar and pestle is for seed crafting

- - - Updated - - -

again me :)

I just learn the wrench schematic but i can't craft a wrench. Do i need to take the perk too ?

Should work either way I'll make the schematic auto learn the perk as well

Edited by dwallorde
Bad Auto Spell Correct....very bad YANKESS! (see edit history)

Guys and Gals, after several weeks of Experimental and loading in of core features I present the Stable Release! V4.0.3 (Stable) Now Available. Check first post for Download Link!

Key Features:

Added War of the Walkers Icon to Top Right of Screen with Version Number and Release Date info

Added New Minibikes

Added ECO and HD Auger and Chainsaw

Fixed some Issues with Apple Trees, Wrench/Claw Hammer Schematics

Added Iron Blocks

Added Tungsten Blocks

Plus more on Update Notes Page from first Page.

Guys and Gals, after several weeks of Experimental and loading in of core features I present the Stable Release! V4.0.3 (Stable) Now Available. Check first post for Download Link!

Key Features:

Added War of the Walkers Icon to Top Right of Screen with Version Number and Release Date info

Added New Minibikes

Added ECO and HD Auger and Chainsaw

Fixed some Issues with Apple Trees, Wrench/Claw Hammer Schematics

Added Iron Blocks

Added Tungsten Blocks

Plus more on Update Notes Page from first Page.

Awesome dude! Did you fix the steel pickaxe animation tho? :D

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod