War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

This is proof I don't read every thread! (Oh wait...)

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh, I'd love to see pics of those in use! :)

Video!

Pics of your resource prefabs? I'm actually doing a video series of this mod, with Tin's LMW mod merged in, on my youTube channel.

You could, you know, subscribe or something...

Pics of your resource prefabs? I'm actually doing a video series of this mod, with Tin's LMW mod merged in, on my youTube channel.

You could, you know, subscribe or something...

Can you give us a link to your YouTube channel please? Most interested in seeing that series.

Just again, if anyone can get SMX working with this mod, that would be great. I've been trying other overhauls and most are filled with dreadful design choices that make the game an unplayable slog, or just plain frustrating. This one doesn't fall into those traps, but the only down side is the kind of meh UI.

***LATE GAME CHALLENGE***

7DTD is my favorite game. I play True Survival SDX, War of the Walkers, and Starvation mods in rotation. Probably the most common complaint on the boards is that there is no challenge late game. Mods like True Survival SDX stretch the game with slower progression which does help some with that issue. Ultimately the only way to make late game challenging is to bring in a variable that can cause a player to “lose it all”.

Three obvious means to that end would be: late game zombies that can better destroy bases and tunnel into our underground bases. Another option is to have radiation zones spread, military bombings, or some other ecological disaster. A disaster that eliminates food sources by rapidly or slowly kills off plants, animals, and perhaps the player as well if they don’t move away from it. An enduring drought perhaps or parasite that kills plants and trees. Forcing the player to move on and rebuild somewhere else on the map.

The best option I feel is to have dynamic communities of NPC’s that form, grow, and fight for territory/ resources throughout the game. Enemy NPC’s that build bases in real time, send out looters, compete for our resources, and attack our bases. The greater your acquired wealth and resources the greater the target on your back. NPC’s spawn into the game with morality ratings that direct how they behave and what factions they will join. Sleeper zombies in POIs is cool, inhabited POIs with defending NPC’s even better. Not just bandit strongholds but regular people as well. Having to make moral choices about whether to steal, kill, or help others would give the game serious depth. Deciding to form your own faction, join an existing faction, fight them, or run from them also adds real depth and dynamic gameplay. We need to see NPCs turn into zombies. The Walking Dead show keeps rolling because human threats and power struggles keep the zombie issue a real danger by weakening strongholds acquired by the main characters. I lack the knowledge/talent to mod, but I realize these features would be challenging to put in the game. I do think most players would agree that the future of zombie survival games will evolve to include all the RPG elements I am suggesting, some already do.

Moving Inventory Window

Is there a way to stop the backpack/inventory window from changing positions? At times, it is pushed down a bit and coveres the skill/recipe/level up texts. It seems to be tied to searching recipes. Simply changing the backpack position in windows.xml doesn't change it.

Edited by allibear17 (see edit history)

Fixed the bandits now they are challenging, the key is the bullets are not projectiles, a few other attributes could be fine tuned:

Items.xml

<item id="1906" name="gunAK47Bandit">

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property name="Candrop" value="false" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/ak47/ak47Prefab" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="HoldType" value="48" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/>

<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="true"/>

<property name="Degradation" value="99999" param1="true"/>

<property name="SoundJammed" value="Weapons/weapon_jam" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Class" value="Launcher" />

<property name="Instantiate_on_load" value="false"/>

<property name="Delay" value="0.150" />

<property name="Auto_fire" value="true" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="30" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="steelCrossbowBolt" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="1" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0" />

<property name="Reload_time" value="3.9" />

<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_start" />

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_lp" />

<property name="Sound_end" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_fire_end" />

<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />

<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47_reload" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash_ak" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="3" />

<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="5" />

<property name="DamageBonus.earth" value=".2" />

<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />

<property name="Buff" value="critGunAK47" />

<property name="Buff_chance" value=".1" />

</property>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="FalloffRange" value="50,100"/>

<property name="Accuracy" value="0.7"/>

<property name="EntityDamage" value="15,50"/>

<property name="BlockDamage" value="5,5"/>

</property>

</item>

<item id="1907" name="gunSawedOffPumpShotgunBandit">

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property name="Candrop" value="false" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/SawedOffPumpShotgun/SawedOffPumpShotgunPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="HoldType" value="5" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/>

<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="true"/>

<property name="Degradation" value="99999" param1="true"/>

<property name="SoundJammed" value="Weapons/weapon_jam" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Class" value="Launcher" />

<property name="Instantiate_on_load" value="false"/>

<property name="Delay" value="0.8" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="8" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="steelCrossbowBolt" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="9" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0.9" />

<property name="Reload_time" value="2.6" />

<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/SawedOffPumpShotgun/sawed_off_shotgun_fire" />

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />

<property name="Sound_end" value="" />

<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />

<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/SawedOffPumpShotgun/shotgun_reload" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash_shotgun" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6" />

<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />

<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="2" />

<property name="DamageBonus.earth" value=".2" />

<property name="Buff" value="shotgunWound" />

<property name="Buff_chance" value=".8" />

</property>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="FalloffRange" value="50,100"/>

<property name="Accuracy" value="0.7"/>

<property name="EntityDamage" value="15,50"/>

<property name="BlockDamage" value="5,5"/>

</property>

</item>

entityclasses.xml

<entity_class name="banditLeader" extends="banditMelee">

<property name="Archetype" value="BanditLeader"/>

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="gunAK47Bandit,steelCrossbowBolt" />

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="gunAK47Bandit,steelCrossbowBolt" />

<!-- in s -->

<property name="AttackTimeoutDay" value="0.5" />

<property name="AttackTimeoutNight" value="0.5" />

<!-- AI properties -->

<property name="AITask-1" value="RangedAttackTarget2" param1="0" param2="5"/>

<property name="AITask-2" value="ApproachAndAttackTargetNPC" param1="EntityZombie" />

<property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachAndAttackTargetNPC" param1="EntityAlive" />

<property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachSpot" />

<property name="AITask-5" value="Wander" />

<property name="AITask-6" value="Territorial" param1="50" />

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityEnemy" />

<property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombie" />

<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityPlayer" />

<property name="AITarget-4" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntitySurvivor" />

<property name="AITarget-5" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombie" />

<property name="AITarget-6" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />

<property name="AITarget-7" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityPlayer" />

<property name="AITarget-8" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntitySurvivor" />

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="RangedBanditCorpse"/>

</entity_class>

<entity_class name="BanditSasha" extends="banditMelee">

<property name="Archetype" value="BanditSasha"/>

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="gunSawedOffPumpShotgunBandit,steelCrossbowBolt" />

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="gunSawedOffPumpShotgunBandit,steelCrossbowBolt" />

<!-- in s -->

<property name="AttackTimeoutDay" value="0.5" />

<property name="AttackTimeoutNight" value="0.5" />

<!-- AI properties -->

<property name="AITask-1" value="RangedAttackTarget2" param1="0" param2="5"/>

<property name="AITask-2" value="ApproachAndAttackTargetNPC" param1="EntityZombie" />

<property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachAndAttackTargetNPC" param1="EntityAlive" />

<property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachSpot" />

<property name="AITask-5" value="Wander" />

<property name="AITask-6" value="Territorial" param1="50" />

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityEnemy" />

<property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombie" />

<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityPlayer" />

<property name="AITarget-4" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntitySurvivor" />

<property name="AITarget-5" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombie" />

<property name="AITarget-6" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />

<property name="AITarget-7" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityPlayer" />

<property name="AITarget-8" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntitySurvivor" />

<property name="SoundRandom" value="" />

<property name="SoundAlert" value="" />

<property name="SoundSense" value="" />

<property name="SoundAttack" value="" />

<property name="SoundHurt" value="Player_Female/player2painlg" />

<property name="SoundHurtSmall" value="Player_Female/player2painsm" />

<property name="SoundDeath" value="Player_Female/player2death" />

<property name="SoundStamina" value="Player_Female/player2stamina" />

<property name="SoundDrownPain" value="Player_Female/player2drownpain" />

<property name="SoundWaterSurface" value="Player_Female/player2drownsurface" />

<property name="SoundDrownDeath" value="Player_Female/player2drowndeath" />

<property name="SoundJump" value="Player_Male/player2Jump" />

<property name="SoundLandSoft" value="Player_Male/player2LandSoft" />

<property name="SoundLandHard" value="Player_Male/player2LandHard" />

<property name="SoundPlayerLandThump" value="PlayerLandThump" />

</entity_class>

Hey dwallorde, did you manage to test my code. The above is Bandit Sasha and Bandit Leader? I know it is close to A16 but if you have any questions let me know.

Edited by John8ball (see edit history)

So I got permission to use Valmods UI design as well as SMX for my mod! Will have it included in V5.0! Which is in progress.

Good to hear. I like the look of SMX, especially the way Valmod has it in his mods. I can't wait to get a look at War of the Walkers V5.0. Every version so far has been great and I am sure that 5.0 will be no different.

Now get back to work on it!!! lol

So I got permission to use Valmods UI design as well as SMX for my mod! Will have it included in V5.0! Which is in progress.

Excellent @dwallorde, love your work, can't wait to see your next offering. Adding Valmod ui and smx is a good move.

So ready for the update.. Cant wait will it gets updated for 16..... Lets us know when your gonna roll it out.. I know its alot of changes to do and implement in..

Working on it now. But it probably won't be ready for release for another 2 weeks. I got a lot to do plus I'm working at my job this week. Next week I'm on holiday and probably going to be away for 5 days. But ya it is being worked on. Just don't have the time to put the hours needed for it ATM

• 3 weeks later...

Progress Update(7/16/2017):

-XML Files have been Merged (All but 2)

-Added in SMX UI Mod

-Some Tweaking and Balancing with the changes that came with A16

Still To Do:

-Custom Icons Still to merge in

-Some Custom Icons (UI ones) Need to be redone

-Prefabs (BIGGY) Need to be updated with new block changes. Which will start soon as the prefab editor tool has been updated.

-Localization Merged (Relatively Simple with some changes that will needed to be made)

-Major Testing....

At the end of the day the main Goal for release will be for sure having the Biomes.xml and Prefabs perfected First as any changes to these post launch would require restart of your save game. The rest of the files should be save game safe with any changes. But hopefully the testing will catch most bugs and imbalance of the game.

Over all this alpha has been the biggest challenge to tackle getting my mod merged in, A lot of new things to watch out for, especially in blocks.xml which new and removed options. Oh and the Boar looks like to have the right code needed to get the Survivor NPC's to act as I intended for them too.

and on a side note I am at the moment going to be using UMA Zombies, they should be alright to work with. We will see

Progress Update(7/16/2017):

-XML Files have been Merged (All but 2)

-Added in SMX UI Mod

-Some Tweaking and Balancing with the changes that came with A16

Still To Do:

-Custom Icons Still to merge in

-Some Custom Icons (UI ones) Need to be redone

-Prefabs (BIGGY) Need to be updated with new block changes. Which will start soon as the prefab editor tool has been updated.

-Localization Merged (Relatively Simple with some changes that will needed to be made)

-Major Testing....

At the end of the day the main Goal for release will be for sure having the Biomes.xml and Prefabs perfected First as any changes to these post launch would require restart of your save game. The rest of the files should be save game safe with any changes. But hopefully the testing will catch most bugs and imbalance of the game.

Over all this alpha has been the biggest challenge to tackle getting my mod merged in, A lot of new things to watch out for, especially in blocks.xml which new and removed options. Oh and the Boar looks like to have the right code needed to get the Survivor NPC's to act as I intended for them too.

and on a side note I am at the moment going to be using UMA Zombies, they should be alright to work with. We will see

hmmm, gonna check out this boar thing

What i loved about your A15 stable version was the boss type zombies and the npcs. Id just go out hunting those types for guns and loots and i had a blast because the npcs could shoot back making it alot more dangerous. Rocket launcher toting npcs scared crap outa me lol. The current A16 vanilla is so boring and empty. Even if you could just release a Lite version with working npcs for now would be awesome.

Progress Update 7/18/2017:

-Just Traders.xml is needed to be merged for xml files

-Localization has been merged

-Custom Icons Have been updated and Loaded in

-Bug Fixing Has started now, even with features incomplete. Remaining features shouldn't cause too much trouble.

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod