War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

This is the best version yet, just updated from 4.3.8 to 4.4.3 on my dedicated server. The players have reported marginal increased FPS, virtually no lag and forges seem much better. The visual effects look really nice too. I like the new class system, it forces you to play out the quests and multi-skilling is a must. The implementation of some A16 ideas is so cool. Well done.

PS. Is there a text explaining the class system somewhere? It is like the blind leading the blind running into it for the first time, everyone is in the dark.

Great mod, playing for a while now...

are BuildingBlocks altered? Started building with wood but it all collapsed before normal, same with cobblestone :D

Same thing happened to me. I have a pyramid style of base building that i use every wipe in every mod. But this time when i built in, using the proper calculations for SI and weight on the third floor the entire thing came down. Walls and all.

Same thing happened to me. I have a pyramid style of base building that i use every wipe in every mod. But this time when i built in, using the proper calculations for SI and weight on the third floor the entire thing came down. Walls and all.

Well first I thought it was the wood I used... so upgraded it all even with a little iron in it, but it still came down on the same spot. After that I thought wood probably was altered so I tried cobblestones. Same problem tho...

I hope someone can answer the thing or I have to reinstall a different mod I guess because u can't build at this moment.

First let me say I am loving this mod. Great work dwall! I was playing 4.3.8 but had trouble with the rabbit traps and checked here to see that you had a newer version, got that. Excellent job with it. Love the class skills and that you can learn more than one. That is the kind of gating I can enjoy! You made the drops worth getting. I look forward to each one. Awesome POIs and loot too. Love the loot boxes that have really good stuff but poof on looting.

There are a few things I think could use a change. Not as much of a fan of the green UI. Though I am getting more use to it. Do wish stuff harvested was on right like vanilla. Maybe I will get use to that at some point. Mushroom and blueberries are a bit too common. Only played first week so not really checked out biomes to see if the have the same issue as the maple forest. I have yet to even need to make a farm. I do like that you added these though. It's a very nice touch to the game. Ended up with a horde of screamers on either first or second day. Had to be 5 or more. This was in town and I couldn't figure out what caused it. Was interesting to say the least as I had a lot of dogs too. Think the dogs might have been from the barns in the town.

Thanks so much for taking the time you put into this mod. There are so many things I absolutely love about this it and I am sure I will find tons more as I play.

Well first I thought it was the wood I used... so upgraded it all even with a little iron in it, but it still came down on the same spot. After that I thought wood probably was altered so I tried cobblestones. Same problem tho...

I hope someone can answer the thing or I have to reinstall a different mod I guess because u can't build at this moment.

It is probably not the mod but rather the location of your building. If there is a cave system that reaches under your building site then the building will always fall down. You can test this by duplicating the building in a new location that is a ways from the first building.

I remember the frustration a while back of trying to build on unstable ground and even iron bars would come down.

It is probably not the mod but rather the location of your building. If there is a cave system that reaches under your building site then the building will always fall down. You can test this by duplicating the building in a new location that is a ways from the first building.

I remember the frustration a while back of trying to build on unstable ground and even iron bars would come down.

I tried it on several locations... How far away from the water do you have to build? That's the only thing what was in common. I build on a hilltop near water, on the edge of a lake and on an island in the water.

I have more time in the mod now. Skill points are a bit crazy. I have ,at lvl 104, put them in everything I can that does not call for me be higher level. Maxed out nearly everything and I still have over 13,000 points left.

I tried it on several locations... How far away from the water do you have to build? That's the only thing what was in common. I build on a hilltop near water, on the edge of a lake and on an island in the water.

I don't think that distance to the water is an issue. If you have built the same structure in three different locations and all had the same problem then it must be the structure. Maybe try building the structure in vanilla 7DtD using creative and see if it is stable.

I don't think that this mod changes the structural side of the game but I don't know for sure.

Found a bug i think, got 2000+ skill points for one day, but it's not clear why. It was 7 day, before that day there were 180 free points, during the seventh day I made 3 quests (Marksman class all lvls, Meat stew shef, Raphael's treasure) and killed a horde of zombies. After that I found out that I had 2600+ skill points :)

And the bike on the asphalt rides by about 15% slower than on other surfaces.

p.s. I like this mod, but I want a little more difficult :)

i love the mod but damn the UI is out there xD not horrid but not very sleek

edit~ i think the colors are cool custom icons are great but the main ui layout is a bit off not like it's ugly but i think a edited customized SMX ui or something would be cool, or slim the current ui down a bit would throw you off less it feels like it fills the screen to much.

Edited by SavageArsenal
coffee in system edit (see edit history)

If you want to trim the Hud down a bit in size, I made this change to the xui.xml file

Find line 2 in xui.xml

<ruleset name="default" scale="1.255" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

Replace with:

<ruleset name="default" scale="1.100" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

You could of course modify the values to suite your preference, this is just what I settled on.

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

If you want to trim the Hud down a bit in size, I made this change to the xui.xml file

Find line 2 in xui.xml

<ruleset name="default" scale="1.255" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

Replace with:

<ruleset name="default" scale="1.100" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

You could of course modify the values to suite your preference, this is just what I settled on.

cool thanks i value my screenspace on my old 1366x768 dino screen XD

I have more time in the mod now. Skill points are a bit crazy. I have ,at lvl 104, put them in everything I can that does not call for me be higher level. Maxed out nearly everything and I still have over 13,000 points left.

Ya I'm noticing that now. I changed it awhile back thinking I fixed the problem but still getting too much.

Well anyway Alpha 16 is nearly here so I am on the brainstorming stage for V5.0. But a couple Goals so far is to work on progression more (just need to see what's in a16 first) and loot. I need to spend more time on getting it right.

Just out of curiosity - I've been playing this mod a bit lately and loving it, but it runs like a hobbled pig at times. Sometimes, I can host a P2P game and still play fine. Other times, framerate drops below 10.

Anything I can do on my end to significantly improve framerate? I mean other than the usual turning down settings until the game looks like a PS1 title that is. I have 16GB DDR3, a GTX 1070, and a 4.2gHz quad-core CPU, and in vanilla 7DTD I rarely drop below 30fps when I'm far from origin or when a chunk is particularly "terraformed" - I usually keep a steady 60fps with vsync on. I know the core game is horribly unoptimized, but still.

Also, has anyone else reported a significant drop in performance with this mod, especially within the past few days? I heard the new nVidia driver may be a culprit.

Just out of curiosity - I've been playing this mod a bit lately and loving it, but it runs like a hobbled pig at times. Sometimes, I can host a P2P game and still play fine. Other times, framerate drops below 10.

Anything I can do on my end to significantly improve framerate? I mean other than the usual turning down settings until the game looks like a PS1 title that is. I have 16GB DDR3, a GTX 1070, and a 4.2gHz quad-core CPU, and in vanilla 7DTD I rarely drop below 30fps when I'm far from origin or when a chunk is particularly "terraformed" - I usually keep a steady 60fps with vsync on. I know the core game is horribly unoptimized, but still.

Also, has anyone else reported a significant drop in performance with this mod, especially within the past few days? I heard the new nVidia driver may be a culprit.

The prefabs in cities can also cause big frame rate drops if you arent using a dedicated server

Additional Class Papers

This new update is simply awesome; what an amazing addition. My friends and I really like the versatility of having multiple people playing together and having focused classes, while being able to use additional papers on single player games and not be left out. I would like to know if we can find out where to find protector class papers, or at least where to look. :livid:

First impression of the mod.

Okay, so this is the very first mod I have played. Started playing right after alpha 15 came out, and I have 636 hours logged. I really like it. Never edited anything or played a mod yet, just standard default settings. I think I may have restarted about five or six times, whenever the game gets stale because, let's face it, when you can build an entirely concrete building in about five minutes and kill any horde you see within moments it gets pretty boring.

Well, I installed this yesterday and my first honest opinion was "No way I'm going to like this, WAY too easy! There's every plant in the game in the desert, and there's yucca and aloe everywhere. What? First car and corpse each have a complete gun with plenty of ammo? This is gonna suck".

Well, then night came and I get my first look at the skill page. Second thought is "Wait, I can't plant anything until I get a perk? Better go scrounge up some more plants, I hope there's enough!"

This is a great mod I think. It doesn't affect the difficulty of the game per se, nor does it fundamentally change my playstyle, but it does add a much needed extra dimension to the first few weeks.

Oh, and I'm very happy that now chickens, deer, and bears no longer turn into bacon and eggs. That was so funny to me. "I want bacon, oooh, a chicken!"

My only issue is a certain amount of lag in the inventory, forge, etc.

OK, so after some serious file editing, using Tin's enhanced RWG mod (Limited Mining), I was able to significantly improve my framerate in this mod. Here's the link: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62453-Limited-Mining-World-Experiment&p=638800&viewfull=1#post638800

Can you share those edited files? I think, not so many guys can edit them such as you))) For example, i dont how to merge\edit there for goodest result.

For anyone interested, here's the link. I've had 2 requests for this via PM, so I'm sure others might be curious.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxKArRwU9Q93c2VDZTRJN0RBSGs

Unzip to Data folder inside 7DTD folder. 2 folders inside - prefabs (Guppy's resource nodes) and modified XML files (biomes, blocks, rwgmixer).

Full instructions:

1. Install WotW mod per instructions in the first post in this thread.

2. Unzip my file in Data folder AFTER WotW is installed.

3. Don't expect miracles, but you should see some fps gains.

4. Never live underground again. (world is only 12 blocks deep + 3 blocks bedrock)

Some fine tuning may be in order, but I'll be doing a full mod myself when A16 comes out - this was a side project to help people be able to play the rest of this beautiful mod. Thanks to dwallorde for making this mod, to everyone who contributed to it, to Tin for making Limited Mining World mod, and to everyone who contributed to that. My part was minimal at best - they did all the work.

Oh, and thanks Guppy, of course, because he reads every thread ever and if I don't mention him he'll give me a negative rep or something. ;)

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod