War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

I am on day 16 of a good tough game of War of the Walkers and doing well with no deaths.

Suddenly I am hit with red NullReferenceException error popping up on my screen while exploring.

I deleted everything except my save file including using regedit.exe and reinstalled from scratch and verified files. I am using 7DtD mod launcher. I have played 1000's of hours of 7DtD on this computer and never had this problem before.

Still the red error code pops up within seconds of starting the game from my save.

If I start a new game there is no red error code at least not within the first few minutes of play.

I was playing in version 15.2 but the error is still there when I reload in 15.2 or even latest experimental build.

Any suggestions?

I have had this happen to me as well. When it happens, the save that it is on is basically destroyed as it will keep happening there. The only thing I can think of is that there is something wrong somewhere in the mod but only happens very rarely. It only happens in this mod to me. I have played games for a lot longer in Valmod Expansion and Overhaul without the problem and even my own mixed mod that I am creating for myself and have not had it happen in any of those. Even vanilla 15.2 b8 doesn't give me this problem. I did have this problem once before as well but when the mod eventually got patched higher it went away. It is now back again.

Something Really Strange Happend

So i build my base for 4 days (ingame) then i went to the closet town walked back to my base and the base is gone.

It was a normal building that i found so i used it after i went back everything i build or destroy was gone.

Any idea why or a fix?

dwallorde / sphereii

I have a question .. Isn't the launcher suppose to auto update to newest version of mod automatically??

I've been playing "War of the Walkers" and I have noticed a newer version has been out for awhile .. my version is 4.4.2(Stable) r4/14/2017

and the newer version is 4.4.3(Stable) r4/20/2017 OR does it only update for a new game and not a game that is running ??

Hope you can help on this ... Other than that everything is still running great. Enjoy

.........................................................................................................................................................

Hey gpcstargate

Glad it's working well for you. The Mod Launcher updates every time you play, and I think you are playing the latest version it has access too.

I looked at War Of the Walkers, and it's pointing to this download location: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod/

I'm thinking maybe dwallorde hasn't updated that link with the new version of the mod yet. Might be worth mentioning to him; maybe he's forgotten, or maybe he has changed his download links. If he has changed his download link, then I can update where the Mod Launcher is looking.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I am the one with the red NullReferenceError problem.

I just assumed that I was playing the latest version of War of the Walkers. I checked and I am getting the error on Version 4.4.2 stable. The7DtD game is on Alpha 15.2 experimental.

Would it do any good to update to Version 4.4.3? How would I do that by using ModLauncher?

I am using the 7D2D Launcher and after starting WoWalkers for the first time, I got stuck in the terrain preview screen because ESC doesn't do anything from that screen, and there's no "X" to click on.

I'm having to alt-F4 and manually crash the game after I find a seed that I like, just so I can get back to the menu and start a new game.

I haven't even got to try playing it yet.

I'm going to try after posting this.

In and of itself isn't a major thing, but not being able to back out to the main menu IS a pain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20008[/ATTACH]

It should still work. But depending on size setting it can take a long time. Mine can take up to 2 mins. If you click anywhere while it's loading it seems to crash. My mod shouldn't effect the program that generates that preview.

- - - Updated - - -

I just assumed that I was playing the latest version of War of the Walkers. I checked and I am getting the error on Version 4.4.2 stable. The7DtD game is on Alpha 15.2 experimental.

Would it do any good to update to Version 4.4.3? How would I do that by using ModLauncher?

That is odd. Can any1 else confirm mod launcher is loading 4.2 2? And you can manually download 4.2.3 from first page.

- - - Updated - - -

dwallorde / sphereii

I have a question .. Isn't the launcher suppose to auto update to newest version of mod automatically??

I've been playing "War of the Walkers" and I have noticed a newer version has been out for awhile .. my version is 4.4.2(Stable) r4/14/2017

and the newer version is 4.4.3(Stable) r4/20/2017 OR does it only update for a new game and not a game that is running ??

Hope you can help on this ... Other than that everything is still running great. Enjoy

.........................................................................................................................................................

Hey gpcstargate

Glad it's working well for you. The Mod Launcher updates every time you play, and I think you are playing the latest version it has access too.

I looked at War Of the Walkers, and it's pointing to this download location: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod/

I'm thinking maybe dwallorde hasn't updated that link with the new version of the mod yet. Might be worth mentioning to him; maybe he's forgotten, or maybe he has changed his download links. If he has changed his download link, then I can update where the Mod Launcher is looking.

The mod launcher uses github so download links shouldn't change. I'll look into it after I sleep. Was a long night at work :) meanwhile feel free to use link from first page.

- - - Updated - - -

I am on day 16 of a good tough game of War of the Walkers and doing well with no deaths.

Suddenly I am hit with red NullReferenceException error popping up on my screen while exploring.

I deleted everything except my save file including using regedit.exe and reinstalled from scratch and verified files. I am using 7DtD mod launcher. I have played 1000's of hours of 7DtD on this computer and never had this problem before.

Still the red error code pops up within seconds of starting the game from my save.

If I start a new game there is no red error code at least not within the first few minutes of play.

I was playing in version 15.2 but the error is still there when I reload in 15.2 or even latest experimental build.

Any suggestions?

I have heard of this and have seen it though it stopped for me. I got told before that it's a users prefab in the prefab pack included in the mod but I cannot find which one it is.

Just a thought .. I had the same problem .. on 1 game No Problems so far .. But decided to start another and had the error message also .. deleted it and started another-so far no problem on 2nd game .. But all are running v4.4.2 launcher isn't auto updating to 4.4.3 .. SO I'm just waiting and playing both characters .......... dwallorde and spherell are AWARE of issue.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

The mod launcher uses github so download links shouldn't change. I'll look into it after I sleep. Was a long night at work :) meanwhile feel free to use link from first page.

Last update to your github depot was 21 days ago at version 4.4.2.

I enjoyed this mod until the newest update. The green UI is really horrible. Any easy way to fix it? And are there any servers running this mod? I found only 2 and they both had settings that I didn't like.

What settings are you looking for on a server?

Just normal settings are fine. PVE. But the only pve server I found had 120 minute days, no loot respawn, etc. Made it hard to find anything useful because everything had already been looted, and no reason to setup a base if you have to keep moving all the time to find something that hasn't already been looted.

Instructions or Icon Explanation

So I've been playing the mod for a couple of days and having trouble trying to figure out how to accomplish certain tasks like learning new classes (scholar class, etc.) and how to craft certain items (especially the ones which have a hammer icon next to them). If anyone can point me to a place that lists how this mod works, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I just installed it on my server you all are welcome to join. PVE with Botman servermanger

Name:

DaPope's PvE/War of the Walkers Mod/Botman Bot

IP:

209.222.2.74:28600

Any PvE servers running this mod atm

Would it be possible for anyone to slap together a way to make SMX function with this mod? The UI is.. not exactly great, and Dust isn't quite as nice for what I need in a UI. No offense meant towards Dwallorde. I'd do it myself but I don't have the skills required.

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod