War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Heya, a bit new around here but I saw this mod and wanted to try it out. I got the early game quests finished in a single player game, selected the Protector quest after I did the beginning quests, then... Well, everything locked up. The game, my computer, everything. Had to force a shutdown. I dunno what happened or why it did, but it was a pretty bad crash that I dunno what caused it. Can't be mods, unless this mod doesn't coincide with Red's UI or somethin'...

I tried out v4.4 in SP Navezgane, after completing the starter quest I was instructed to place a crate down, problem is that I never received a crate, and yes I had at least 1 slot open in my tool belt at the time.

Other than that, the resting system is obnoxious with the resting level updates that spam "resting level 5, 10, 15" every time it changes. I also saw a scholar perk that had no name (seemed to be related to treasure hunting), as well as other perks that are supposedly intended to be class specific but lacking the class as a requirement. And the starter crate quest has misspelled "crate" as "create" in the quest description.

Also, is the mod compatible with other GUI mods? I find the GUI to be quite repulsive as the color scheme hides certain information, such as loot timers being completely white or having really poor contrast to make out the text. The first thread post also suffers from this with having dark blue text on a dark background, not very user friendly.

Regardless, gonna attempt making a new profile and see if I can actually receive my crate this time.

not too sure if its a problem on my end but for some reason, when i try and move items around my inventory when im in a menu that has crafting recipes, it has a long freeze as soon as i move the item, this freeze does not occur if im moving them around on a screen with no recipes shown, and the severity of this freeze was almost non-existent in the previous versions.

Question's / bug

Are we supposed to have over 400 skill points at level 7 and at level 40 have over 600000?

Only seen 1 bug so far which is when your read multiple class notes and try to look in quests tab in your inventory the game would stop responding and close.

Great mod i have played starvation and valmod and yours its the nice fix of both great mod hats off to you sir :excitement:

Running into issues with Rest System Showing "Out of Sync" frequently errors.

Also noticed that the buff gets triggered if a zombie walks on a bed/bedroll.

Edit:

I added

requires="isPlayer"

To the triggers for the beds/bedroll buff. It seems to have stopped it triggering for zombies.

I also am no longer getting out of sync errors like before, but that could be coincidence, I will post again after further testing.

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

Nice mod! Thanks for making it.

Some suggestions for balancing it.. I haven't found much loot on zombies but there seems to be too much good loot in other places. For my first air drop I got a tool and die set, calipers, anvil, etc. Also I have 207 skill points at level 11, seems like a lot.

A out of sync error may occur the first time you stand on a bed (This is fine and shouldn't happen anymore. Its just the Rest System Initializing.

It's In the release notes at the bottom

Happens more often than that. It was triggering every time a zombie stepped on a bed as well. Which is why I added requires="isplayer" which seems to have reduced this issue quite a bit.

Many thanks to you dwallorde

Just wanted to say good job and i for one appriciate your hard work into this mod and i understand this was done with your spare time and working full time also. I tip my hat to you sir because theirs not alot of people that would dare try to find the time to do so and adding to that would even care to release and update a mod into which the 7dtd can use and hjav fun with. Myself personally have been waiting and waiting like everyone else for the A16 releawse and in the mean time i am extremly happy that Friends within my community have come acrose this because it has given those who want to continue playing a different view on playing without getting bored and saying screw it and just waiting months on end for the a16 release. So I thank you and my cmmunity thanks you very much! keep up the great work..

HatTipCartoon.jpg.d56cf45371cb7441fc6af13879c30e62.jpg

Loving the mod so far buuuuuuuuuut....

Chiming in to echo the sentiment on the excessive skill gain. SP run through in Random Gen, lv 11, over 250 pts to burn.

Also, the Tradesman Class Training quest generates a 'null reference to an object' error, consumes the page but does not grant the quest. I've looked at the quest.xml and compared the code side by side to quests I know to work, but cannot find any inconsistencies in the code itself.

That aside, I'm loving it so far :) First day in, saw my first bandit near a warehouse POI in a burnt forest. I tried to nope the hell away but it had other ideas. dakka-dakka-dakka, ded.

Ok, I figured out what the problem was with the protection class. There was a typo in the third tier of that class.

<quest id="classtrainingprotection3"
name_key="classtrainingprotection3"
group_name="ProtectionClassTraining"
subtitle_key="classtrainingprotection3_subtitle"
description_key="classtrainingprotection3_description"
icon="classProtectionLevel3Icon"
repeatable="false"
category_key="Quest"
difficulty="easy">
	<objective type="Wear" id="clothHat" />
	<objective type="Wear" id="clothJacket" />
	<objective type="Wear" id="clothGloves" />
	<objective type="Wear" id="clothPants" />
	<objective type="Wear" id="clothBoots" />
	<reward type="Exp" value="2500" />
	<reward type="SkillPoints" value="3" />
	<reward type="Recipe" id="ArmorSmithingWorkbench" />
	<reward type="Item" id="KevlarHelmet" value="250" />
	<reward type="Item" id="KevlarVest" value="250" />
	<reward type="Item" id="KevlarGloves" value="250" />
	<reward type="Item" id="KevlarLegArmor" value="250" />
	<reward type="Item" id="KevlarBoots" value="250" />
	<reward type="Item" id="ClassCrateProtection" value="1" />
	<reward type="Skill" id="Medium Armor" value="20" />
	<reward type="Skill" id="Heavy Armor" value="20" />
	<reward type="Skill" id="Leatherworking" value="20" />
	<reward type="Skill" id="Armor Smithing" value="15" />
	<reward type="Skill" id="Heavy Armor Smithing" value="15" />
	<reward type="Skill" id="ProtectionClassLevel3" />
	<reward type="Quest" id="classtrainingprotection3" />
</quest>

the last reward line should be 4 instead of 3, otherwise it breaks the quest chain

<reward type="Quest" id="classtrainingprotection4" />

Fix for tradesman class is Capitalize the S in scrapIronAxe and scrapIronShovel in all references within quests.xml

<objective type="Craft" id="scrapIronAxe" value="1" />
	<objective type="Craft" id="scrapIronShovel" value="1" />

should be

<objective type="Craft" id="ScrapIronAxe" value="1" />
	<objective type="Craft" id="ScrapIronShovel" value="1" />

<objective type="Scrap" id="scrapIronAxe" value="1" />
	<objective type="Scrap" id="scrapIronShovel" value="1" />

Should be

<objective type="Scrap" id="ScrapIronAxe" value="1" />
	<objective type="Scrap" id="ScrapIronShovel" value="1" />

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

Marksman quest got deleted on stage 2 and cant start the quest again.

is there any possibility to start the quest again if it got deleted from stage 2 on the marksman quest chain? because i got a player on my server whom got that problem. hope there is any help to get. tried to give him the start of the quest but wont work so im kinda out of ideas.

There is now a problem with tradesman lvl 2 with scraping.

The quest wont register that you have scrapped either the scrap iron axe or the scrap iron shovel so there is stil some kind of problem with the quest i believe. repairing wrench registers but not the axe or shovel kinda odd.

The issue is with these 2 lines in quests.xml

The issue does not seem to be related to the Type of item, i changed them out with others and still fails to complete. At a glance the issue could be with the "Scrap" objective . I wont likely have time to look into this until later.

murky water in a can stacks but once its boiled water it no longer stacks

That's vanilla. Never changed that.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is with these 2 lines in quests.xml

The issue does not seem to be related to the Type of item, i changed them out with others and still fails to complete. At a glance the issue could be with the "Scrap" objective . I wont likely have time to look into this until later.

Okay this is really odd as I have tested them before and received credit for scrapping them. I'll look into it.

@ The Lorax : Thanks! You know, I checked the items too just to make sure it was spelled proper. I forgot that when it comes to stuff like this, case sensitivity is everything :)

@ dwallorde : Bugs or no, still having a blast with the mod :) Keep it up !

Its famous what all you modders bring to us. Just started playing and i am deeply impressed. One idea i saw in the 100days mod: Let the rubbish disapear after beeing looted, coz there is so much loot around anyway. I lowered the loot spawn to 50%

But just my first thoughts, great work, big thx